• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Goals for the Future

1) Finish studies. I want to end up being a scientist of some sort.
2) Move out. I want to live in a beach house
3) Get another uni degree in another subject. Because I can.
4) Have a family.

1. Finish High School
2. Get OUT of Alaska.
3. Get accepted and go to college with two of my best friends. <3
4. Travel everywhere. Hopefully Japan, Italy, other areas of Europe, and New Zealand.
5. Go to medical school, and become an anesthesiologist.
6. Married/ have kids
7. Do many crazy things before I die.

1) Come out of my shell and actually be able to talk to people.
Preferably before this happens I stop talking about it as if I'm all "Uhhh I'm so useless I'm unpopular I'll always be alone!" and then get the courage to talk to the girl I like.

2) Go to university (a good one!)
A year or so ago I was more optimistic about this, thinking I would get into a good one, maybe not Oxbridge but I thought I might get a chance to go there if I pushed myself hard enough, now I feel doubtful about getting into one as good as the ones my brother applied to.

3) Get a job that I enjoy to some extent
Don't really care about pay so long as I can live on it. Hopefully not an office job. I'd want to do something practical but I'm not too good at that stuff. I'm the sort of person who can only do work given to him; ask me to think up an experiment or something and run it myself, and I wouldn't. Give me the results and ask me to do some calculations and I'm fine. Probably why I fail at art and stuff too, that. I have no initiative to do stuff like that if nobody asked me to.

4) Live happily ever after
Presuming I've done 1) mainly. Get married, have a couple of good friends, go to Legoland another time!

I'd like to go to a technical school one day to study Graphic Design.
I've always had a passion for creating, and Graphic Design is truly what I love to do most. I just need to get past my inferiority complexes and actually get good. It uses maths and computers too, which I love about it.

Marry and have many feline children
Fairly self-explanatory. I've always wanted to marry. I don't really want kids, but I want cats.

Get over my inferiority complex
Fairly self explanatory. Working on it.

Learn many other languages
I want to be known one day as, "that old lady with the blue hair and five cats who yelled at me in German the other day" or something along those lines <3 I adore language.

Last edited:
  • lose weight. I'm already a genetic risk for diabetes and chron's disease, both of which can be less likely to occur if I'm not overweight. Also then clothes won't be so hard to shop for.

• get some self esteem. then I'll be able to do stuff that I don't already (like: make that graphic novel I'm too critical of myself to make, publish my art online, go to uni).

• convince myself that people like me. and get the hell over cameron someday.
  • get really good at ASB, because I'm really enjoying it! c:

1. Get ameroq to think about her future
Yeah.

Go to a good college and a a degree in something usable
My dad specifically said he wouldn't co-sign for anything more than a bachelors, and it had to be something I could directly use in a job. It will inevitably turn out to have something with computers, be it programming or science.

Travel. A lot.
Anywhere and everywhere. It's always been my dream, and will remain to be.

Find a wife and settle down
Assuming I can... I've always been kinda scared that I'd end up alone with no family, except possibly siblings and pets.

publish a novel
Necessary. I won't try to be modest, I can honestly say that I'm relatively good at writing. As Tailsy said, I would do it for a job if it was a reliable career.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to have a kid some day, but that presents a problem as I have trouble seeing myself involved with anyone romantically.

plus, y'know, the cooties

And now for the vaguer ones:

Discover an animal.
Get over my fear of drowning, which isn't major but it is rather annoying. >:(
Be a bit more outgoing.
Go to college.
Own my own house.
Have my own swimming pool. (kinda clashes with that second one, huh?)
Get better at drawing.
Stop typing out my ambitions on a forum at 12:30 ib the morning, amiright?

Stop typing out my ambitions on a forum at 12:30 ib the morning, amiright?

yeah...............ANYWAYZ:

Have kids (two would suffice)
work on cures for major diseases (Cancer,Diabetes, etc.)
Actually SEE a million dollars.
GET A LAPTOP LYK MAH BRUVVAH!(only cooler.)

(no particular order)

Publish a novel
In my opinion, I can write fairly well, and my writing will hopefully improve as I get older. I have so many ideas about cool stories to write; I need to be able to do one well. And I need to stay motivated about it.

Get married and have kids
Yeah, self-explanatory

Find a fun career
I'm terrified about this; I cannot find a single practical career that interests me even a little bit.

Get a Master's Degree or equivalent.
...yeah, no particular reason.

optional: Get insanely rich and live in a cave out in the middle of nowhere. Because that would be awesome.
[FONT=Sylfaen, serif][/FONT]

Go to college
Get out of Malaysia and move to Singapore or Australia
Compete and place well in a Pokemon competitive-battling tournament at least once
Travel to the US or Japan
Get a decent-paying job
Get a life (:P)

Get out of Malaysia and move to Singapore or Australia

Come to perth! ...actually no don't we're the most boring place in Australia. D:

I don't have a lot of specific goals, really.

Learn new things.
I love learning about basically everything. My favorite things are usually math-y, I like math and physics, but biology is really cool too, and I do enjoy things like literature and history as well, and psychology is awesome, and the mechanics of how people work and interact, though things like economics and sociology, and I would love to learn how to do art type things better, sewing and painting and drawing and acting and doing things with film...

Basically I like everything and so I don't know what to do, but that's pretty ok with me. I love learning stuff.

Enjoy myself.
An interesting job would be a plus. Nice social relationships would be good. Time and resources to do things I like. The most realistic career path for me is probably something math-y. Being a mathematician working for the government or something would probably be pretty ok, or being a university professor. Whether I actually have the skill to do either of those things... we'll see. Art would be a nice thing to have as a serious side-thing to do! I could write math picture books.

Really though, as far as specifics, it probably doesn't matter all that much. I'd just to be in such a state of mind that I can enjoy myself no matter what I end up doing.

Back
Top Bottom