The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Role-Playing > Role-Playing Lounge

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #581  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Nira's Avatar
Nira Nira is offline
you cannot have my pain
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 18
Posts: 2,677
Pronoun: they
Nira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimi View Post
I'm here! Sort of. RPs are in a sad position here at TCoD; I would join if someone started something up, but I highly doubt it would get anywhere.
Dar just started Legends, and I think that has potential!
__________________
"Listen to the words of a fool. If they cannot make you less foolish, at least let them give you hope. For I, of all people, have changed."
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:00 AM
Grey Matter's Avatar
Grey Matter Grey Matter is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: May 11, 2009
Location: Shamblin' around Sleepy Slough
Age: 25
Posts: 1,394
Pronoun: Him
Grey Matter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

I'm just lurking until something happens yo. Really wish Black Moon could be picked up from where it had left off, but we need Black Yoshi for that...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 AM
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it.
 
Join Date: June 12, 2010
Location: United States
Age: 27
Posts: 4,148
Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Matter View Post
I'm just lurking until something happens yo. Really wish Black Moon could be picked up from where it had left off, but we need Black Yoshi for that...
Well, Exo for sure is gone, and he was a key player. If we really want Exo back, I actually have his cell number and can text him up. Like I said, plotz stuff for this RP went DEEP. I for sure liked Raisa, and I liked the weird friendship Raisa had going with Ren, so I'd be up for nonseriousfluff.

But we technically could continue with fluff/guessing/classes. But the plot would be pretty dead.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 AM
Flora's Avatar
Flora Flora is offline
Captain Husbando
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Cornfields, PA
Age: 23
Posts: 5,842
Pronoun: she
Flora is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

*hangs a sign reading NOW ACCEPTING: DECENT ROLEPLAY IDEAS*

THE MAFIA SECTION CAME BACK SO THE RP SECTION NEEDS TO AS WELL.

I wish I had ideas, but alas my "good ideas" section of my brain is overwhelmed with fanfic stuff and of no help to me right now.

I mean I guess I could look through my archived old threads for anything decent?
__________________
Everyday I'm tumblin'
Eifie is somehow at fault for the usertitle (hint: my boyfriend is Captain Waifu)
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 06-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it.
 
Join Date: June 12, 2010
Location: United States
Age: 27
Posts: 4,148
Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
*hangs a sign reading NOW ACCEPTING: DECENT ROLEPLAY IDEAS*

THE MAFIA SECTION CAME BACK SO THE RP SECTION NEEDS TO AS WELL.

I wish I had ideas, but alas my "good ideas" section of my brain is overwhelmed with fanfic stuff and of no help to me right now.

I mean I guess I could look through my archived old threads for anything decent?
I love how I tried to bring back mafia for MONTHS, and nothing, then all of a sudden it randomly picks up.

Blarg.

I have no ideas. Unlike mafia running an RP takes a long time and quite a bit of dedication. Black Moon was really the last one and it failed.
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Black Yoshi's Avatar
Black Yoshi Black Yoshi is offline
look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
 
Join Date: June 28, 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 1,612
Pronoun: He
Black Yoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Black Yoshi
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Black Moon was really the last one and it failed.
*Loud blubbery sobbing*

But I do agree, we need to make this fluffer thrive again because I'm really bored lately.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 06-05-2014, 06:07 PM
hopeandjoy's Avatar
hopeandjoy hopeandjoy is offline
yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
 
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Offer void in Nebraska
Age: 22
Posts: 2,456
Pronoun: She
hopeandjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to hopeandjoy
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

I briefly tossed around the idea of a big ol' Ace Attorney RP, but the way I was thinking of it was just too complex.

But if we're going to try and revive the RP forum, now's the time with summer and all.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 06-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Black Yoshi's Avatar
Black Yoshi Black Yoshi is offline
look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
 
Join Date: June 28, 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 1,612
Pronoun: He
Black Yoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Black Yoshi
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Guys what about pirates

like pirates in the Pokemon world

Someone please run with that dear god I want pirates please
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Ulqi-chan's Avatar
Ulqi-chan Ulqi-chan is offline
la mer
 
Join Date: October 20, 2011
Location: where the wild roses grow
Posts: 2,461
Pronoun: she
Ulqi-chan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Well, here's my last ditch effort to saving the rp section.
I'm gonna try and get a casual Pokemon rp up for those that are interested.
Since it wouldn't have a real plot, I'm hoping that it would not ward anyone away by being too complex, and that the players would be motivated enough to come back since they could pretty much just do as they please and not have to follow a strict plot format.
They would blaze their own trail, in other words, which I think would be much simpler and give way for more creativity.
Unless nobody's wanting this, in which case STILL GONNA GET THIS UP ANYWAYS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS I'm just gonna take a step back. <__<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM
sovram's Avatar
sovram sovram is offline
Arrogant
 
Join Date: March 15, 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Age: 25
Posts: 300
Pronoun: any
sovram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulqi-chan View Post
Well, here's my last ditch effort to saving the rp section.
I'm gonna try and get a casual Pokemon rp up for those that are interested.
Since it wouldn't have a real plot, I'm hoping that it would not ward anyone away by being too complex, and that the players would be motivated enough to come back since they could pretty much just do as they please and not have to follow a strict plot format.
They would blaze their own trail, in other words, which I think would be much simpler and give way for more creativity.
Unless nobody's wanting this, in which case STILL GONNA GET THIS UP ANYWAYS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS I'm just gonna take a step back. <__<
Are participants trainers or Pokemon? I think we need a little bit more detail.
__________________
"Hablo en nombre de los nińos que en el mundo no tienen un pedazo de pan."
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Ulqi-chan's Avatar
Ulqi-chan Ulqi-chan is offline
la mer
 
Join Date: October 20, 2011
Location: where the wild roses grow
Posts: 2,461
Pronoun: she
Ulqi-chan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovram View Post
Are participants trainers or Pokemon? I think we need a little bit more detail.
I knew I forgot something. Eh heh heh.

They would actually be Pokémorphs! ... Which, I know, I know, I've done a bunch of these in the past, but people seem to really get into them.
I've actually just finished writing out the situation of the rp, and the synopsis is that the players would be once-humans kidnapped for testing by a scientist, and they end up having their DNA merged with one of a Pokemon.
I know this sort of thing had been done once of twice before, but one in particular I remember being a decent hit, so maybe it can work again.
__________________
the lights in the sky are waving goodbye and i am staying right beside you
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Stormecho's Avatar
Stormecho Stormecho is offline
Maelstroms amidst steel
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: an ocean of procrastination
Age: 25
Posts: 1,328
Pronoun: she
Stormecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

ahhh I remember these always being hella popular back in the day!

sure why not

I'd be up for it!
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM
sovram's Avatar
sovram sovram is offline
Arrogant
 
Join Date: March 15, 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Age: 25
Posts: 300
Pronoun: any
sovram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

I guess I'm unfamiliar with how that works. Do they completely change into Pokemon or just take on certain characteristics? 30%, 50%, 70% Pokemon?
__________________
"Hablo en nombre de los nińos que en el mundo no tienen un pedazo de pan."
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Ulqi-chan's Avatar
Ulqi-chan Ulqi-chan is offline
la mer
 
Join Date: October 20, 2011
Location: where the wild roses grow
Posts: 2,461
Pronoun: she
Ulqi-chan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovram View Post
I guess I'm unfamiliar with how that works. Do they completely change into Pokemon or just take on certain characteristics? 30%, 50%, 70% Pokemon?
In this case, it's technically 50% Pokémon, but each player can just customize their character how they want; as in, it doesn't necessarily have to be 50%. They still are primarily human, but they have Pokémon aspects, and it depends on what Pokémon's DNA they're fused with.
Most of the time they'll just have the key traits of that Pokémon, but the change can be as subtle or as monstrous as the player wants. They can use some of the Pokémon's powers, too, like moves and abilities. This is the roleplay I was referring to earlier, and it has some good examples of Pokémorphs.
__________________
the me that you know is made up of wires, and even when i'm right with you i feel so far away
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 PM
sovram's Avatar
sovram sovram is offline
Arrogant
 
Join Date: March 15, 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Age: 25
Posts: 300
Pronoun: any
sovram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulqi-chan View Post
In this case, it's technically 50% Pokémon, but each player can just customize their character how they want; as in, it doesn't necessarily have to be 50%. They still are primarily human, but they have Pokémon aspects, and it depends on what Pokémon's DNA they're fused with.
Most of the time they'll just have the key traits of that Pokémon, but the change can be as subtle or as monstrous as the player wants. They can use some of the Pokémon's powers, too, like moves and abilities. This is the roleplay I was referring to earlier, and it has some good examples of Pokémorphs.
Well, I'm interested!
__________________
"Hablo en nombre de los nińos que en el mundo no tienen un pedazo de pan."
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Flora's Avatar
Flora Flora is offline
Captain Husbando
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Cornfields, PA
Age: 23
Posts: 5,842
Pronoun: she
Flora is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

ooh yes jumping on this i wanna play with a specific character for this
__________________
Everyday I'm tumblin'
Eifie is somehow at fault for the usertitle (hint: my boyfriend is Captain Waifu)
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 AM
Ulqi-chan's Avatar
Ulqi-chan Ulqi-chan is offline
la mer
 
Join Date: October 20, 2011
Location: where the wild roses grow
Posts: 2,461
Pronoun: she
Ulqi-chan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idea Center: Part Deuce

I'm glad people are interested! :D!! Just about to post it. Keep an eye out; I'm really excited for it now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.