• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chaining

Bargh. Got to 33 eevees, then a perfectly fine one that I had gone to earlier in the chain broke it. D: What the heck? Why? All I ask is one shining female eevee...

Check the guide that was linked to earlier.

I also have a theory that the patches in ring 1 have a 25% chance of continuing your chain, ring 2 has 50%, ring 3 has 75%, and ring 4 has around 95%. Total theory though, since chains can still break in ring-4 patches.

Well, it's the ring four that keep messing me up. I've read the guide, but it still isn't a perfect science.

And all the guides seem to contradict the others.

I have a chain of 43 Eevees going. The last three have been shinies. For the first one, I had to reset for over 10,000 steps, but they're coming more easily now. I suppose I got a bit spoiled--"Oh, no; I have to go 10,000 steps to get a shiny! Woe is me!" The chain has been going for almost 24 hours, mostly on standby. I'm trying to collect the Eeveelutions and Eevee in shiny form. BECAUSE I CAN.

Well, then I'm just having bad luck. But I'm glad that it's about normal.

Got to 35, then I ran into the wrong patch because my siblings were being annoying. Oh well.

Done a few chains, but never gotten any shinies from it. Sucks because I want a shiny Eevee or Shinx and am seemingly unable to chain. :<

I've chained for over 40 hours. You get good at anything if you do if for forty hours in a couple of weeks.

You're insane Slarti. And have to much time on your hands. X33
So, any tips you havn't already put down? I like shinys and this seems like a great way to get legit ones. :3

Keep trying, and get lots of repels. I got my first shiny (an Eevee) weeks after I started chaining, and like I've said before, have gotten LOTS since then. As for the repels, well, my Eevee chain that got me 7 shinies took 120 Max Repels or so (30,000 steps).

Also, with each and every chain, there is a low chance that you will reach forty and be able to start relaxing and resetting. Don't get too involved in the chaining, or it will hurt badly when your chain of 39 (insert Pokémon here) breaks. Just put the DS down for a few seconds, exhale, and start again.

And if you need to take a break, close your DS without turning it off, plug it in, and go do something else. It will have absolutely no effect on your chain, and it helps to get all the stress out of your system.

Yay, shinies.

My biggest chain is at a measly 7 Ditto. THe second in line is, guess what, 7 Ditto again.

I just want to slap that stupid Poke Radar.

All this talk of chaining has gotten me to want to do some more of it. And guess what?

My Diamond version which has the pokeradar and all the stuff I need to chain is missing...

I'll check under my bed right now, it might be there.

Also, with each and every chain, there is a low chance that you will reach forty and be able to start relaxing and resetting. Don't get too involved in the chaining, or it will hurt badly when your chain of 39 (insert Pokémon here) breaks. Just put the DS down for a few seconds, exhale, and start again.

I shouldn't have a problem with reganing my composure after a mess up like that, but why is forty the magic number?

Because with each Pokémon, the chance of a shiny increases, and 40 is when it is highest and it doesn't increase anymore. 0.08% chance, I think.

Because with each Pokémon, the chance of a shiny increases, and 40 is when it is highest and it doesn't increase anymore. 0.08% chance, I think.

So.. You guys go through all of the time consuming trouble of getting the forty consecutive chains... Just for an 0.08 chance to get a shiny. Granted, it's a lot higher than the normal chance, but it still seems pretty low. I'll just trust you guys though, that it's a good shiny catching number. ^.^;;
Hah, maybe I wont try chaining just yet..

Back
Top Bottom