• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokemafia [Innocent win]

Re: Realistic Pokemafia [Day 1]

But the mafia's much more likely to kill you now than they were night one! They know you're an inspector! (Well, there are other inspectors--but what if you were the only one?)

a) VM might also be a target - he has also claimed inspector.
b) In case I get hit, I've got a backup plan. :)

Okay, on Vehement Mustelid.

Normally someone calling someone out that wasn't a result of inspection would result in me saying that "mafias try not to garner too much attention so they wouldn't do it". But I'm not saying that.

Why? Two reasons. Vehement Mustelid's wording is very hostile and laced with contempt, using word such as "interesting" or "perhaps". It might be his personality but from my experience when innocent people accuse it's not styled to make their lines more persuasive, it's more direct. The other reason is that now that I firmly believe that Zero Moment is mafia, I can use him as a basis of guesses of what other mafias may be. I can also use myself since you'd normally guess that Hydreigon would warrant mafia. If Golurk is mafia, Metagross doesn't seem too far of a stretch –*they're both mechanical and somewhat resembling ancient artifacts, something Hydreigon certainly isn't.

Therefore I conclude that I suspect Vehement Mustelid is mafia. Although a flaw is that I can't find any other "techy" Pokémon in the list. And the fact that he spoke out first out of the two inspectors makes me want to believe him more. But then again if Zero Moment is to fake inspector it would be very risky after an inspector claimed already. And still, there are other cases of Fly and only one case of Miracle Eye, and I don't think Birdy would make 2 inspection moves. It's possible, but meh.

Nope VM definitely isn't mafia

He's totes town guys

Okay, so.

Zero Moment is Mafia.

Zero Moment is implying that VM is Mafia through sarcasm.

Therefore VM is Innocent.

But Zero Moment is Mafia so that may be what he wants to achieve.

Let's just ignore him. (Unless he turns out to be innocent after the lynch in which I will be very asdfa;sdfklsd;askjf)

I agree, now that Zero Moment is very much confirmed scum. Zero Moment.

Besides, Miracle Eye could just as easily be a Seer, or reveal night action targets.

Okay, on Vehement Mustelid.

Normally someone calling someone out that wasn't a result of inspection would result in me saying that "mafias try not to garner too much attention so they wouldn't do it". But I'm not saying that.

Why? Two reasons. Vehement Mustelid's wording is very hostile and laced with contempt, using word such as "interesting" or "perhaps". It might be his personality but from my experience when innocent people accuse it's not styled to make their lines more persuasive, it's more direct. The other reason is that now that I firmly believe that Zero Moment is mafia, I can use him as a basis of guesses of what other mafias may be. I can also use myself since you'd normally guess that Hydreigon would warrant mafia. If Golurk is mafia, Metagross doesn't seem too far of a stretch –*they're both mechanical and somewhat resembling ancient artifacts, something Hydreigon certainly isn't.

Therefore I conclude that I suspect Vehement Mustelid is mafia. Although a flaw is that I can't find any other "techy" Pokémon in the list. And the fact that he spoke out first out of the two inspectors makes me want to believe him more. But then again if Zero Moment is to fake inspector it would be very risky after an inspector claimed already. And still, there are other cases of Fly and only one case of Miracle Eye, and I don't think Birdy would make 2 inspection moves. It's possible, but meh.

Alright, you check out okay... if Effercon claims to also have Fly, I'm much more inclined to believe Phantom, and also you.

So that pretty much confirms we have 3 inspectors, if no one is lying. That seems a little broken, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Still, I'm not sure why you wou would want to lynch ZM now and go after Light tonight instead of the other way around. Spiritomb has much higher defenses and no type weaknesses... did you not think of that?

Typo in my third-to-last sentence, I meant Phantom.

Anyway, I'm not going to vote VM yet since he obviously claimed first and that is a huge indication of innocence (mafia wouldn't want to bring attention to them, even with reverse psychology it would be too risky).

The reason I'm voting Zero Moment over Light is on the basis that Zero Moment is definitely mafia, and I don't completely trust you (VM). But if it comes to a tie I'll be willing to change my vote so at least someone is voted off and we don't waste a vote. (Unless I'm asleep or something in which someone else should do that)

Well, voting-wise, here's what it looks like so far:

Light: Mai, bluzzy, Squirtles, and me
Zero Moment: Lyra, Phantom, and yiran
Abstain: Zero Moment

I don't think its ever a good idea to try and risk a vote being tied. Zero Moment could easily just post and force us to waste our lynch.

so... many... posts. curse my internet. i am not fully understanding it, but what i do understand is the post (i hope) is right above me. light w/ 4, zero moment w/ 2, and abstain w/ 1. wasted votes do suck, so i'll leave mine open for now. i am going back and reading to attempt to comprehend the whole situation.

Should we just go with the majority? Right now we're at risk wasting our lynch, so.

And I'm still kind of iffy about Fly being an inspector move, but eh.

we should still go for light on account of that, at this point, a 1:1 trade favours town, and if light flips innocent, we have enough information to reasonably kill veh. it is more efficient this way. with this great a head start and at least two inspectors, we can sfford to expend lives for information, especially lives of non-contributors.

it would he more accurate, perhaps, to say we should kill both over the course of day and night. seeker is a liar, in any case, although only by phantom's word and effercon's and mine; therefore the course of action which leaves it alive if it was telling the truth is preferable. we have no such possibility for light, so killing it by lynch is as good as any other kill.

also, still going to vote light unless you come up with an even more efficient plan.

GOD, I'm gone for one night and four pages pop up? (By the way, I've been in Europe for the past few weeks and just got back late last night)

Time to spill it all, I guess. Two of my moves are attacking, and Hypnosis silences someone during the next day phase. My other move, which is what I used last night, is Memento: if I die that night then the player who landed the final blow's alignment will be revealed the next morning.

Since Zero Moment is obviously lying, and Vehement Mustellid is lying due to me not being miller (2 inspecting moves? really?), I suggest today we lynch ZM today, kill me tonight, and lynch Vehement Mustellid tomorrow.

Guys, Golurk (ZM) is easier to kill than Spiritomb (Light) so we should lynch Light and kill ZM during the night. As it stands now, the vote is tied (I think) so people who voted for ZM, please switch over to Light.

Fine, Light.

EVERYONE TARGET ZERO MOMENT DURING THE NIGHT PLEASE

Also those with Fly, inspect VM.

Light's idea of lynching ZM, killing him at night, and then lynching VM? I don't see why we can't lynch Light and kill ZM during the night, instead? We can kill Light more efficiently, I think, so we have more night actions to do other things.

Anyway, I don't see why VM is lying. Two inspection moves seems plausible (though kinda broken), given the amount of powers we have. Anyway, we can determine if VM is lying if we lynch Light.

Back
Top Bottom