• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokemafia [Innocent win]

Re: Realistic Pokemafia [Day 1]

I'm all for this, but I'm still confused... Perhaps the mafia hit is not an insta-kill, but that would make the game too town-favoring.

Hits take off a chunk of HP. They could be a OHKO, but it depends on the move and stats and everything; that's one of the main gimmicks of the game.

ugh. but it would, in any case, kill off a liar (actually, at this point, it's pretty certain that seeker lied, but). anyway, if each person lists its most effective attack against seeker, I should can calculate to minimise the amount of action needed to shoot it down if it lied.

Ah, sorry, I forgot who Zero Moment was when I previously posted. Since he's suspected of being Mafia, I think your plan is worth it. At any rate, my most effective move against Golurk is Fiery Dance.

So then, Light.

I would rather vote Zero Moment.

I object to Fly being an inspecting move!
I also have Fly in my movepool, but it says that I fly up for one night, during which I am immune to all night actions, and I attack on the second night.
Nowhere does it say anything about inspection

I also have Scary Face and it does the exact same thing Phantom said it did for him and therefore it is likely that Zero Moment is lying about his Fly being different.

But seems like the public want Light to go away. I'm going to attack Zero Moment tonight. Or not, depending on what happens during the rest of the day.

(Yes I am innocent for some reason. I actually wanted to get mafia because I haven't been one in other games :( )

Last edited:

I would rather vote Zero Moment.

I see now... so you are the mafia and are covering for your buddies Light and (as it would appear now) Phantom.

Interesting plan Phantom, but it would never work. Claiming inspector day one just to make an accusation... Interesting, but your interpretation of Fly is pretty ridiculous really. So then, what was your real night action last night? Framing Zero Moment, perhaps?

I see now... so you are the mafia and are covering for your buddies Light and (as it would appear now) Phantom.

Interesting plan Phantom, but it would never work. Claiming inspector day one just to make an accusation... Interesting, but your interpretation of Fly is pretty ridiculous really. So then, what was your real night action last night? Framing Zero Moment, perhaps?

Not sure why you're suddenly jumping on yiran... He has a valid reason to suspect Zero Moment (his Scary Face description matches Phantom's).

And I doubt Phantom would do that, simply because after we lynch Light, if he turns up as innocent we're going to go after Phantom. This early in the game, a 1-for-1 trade simply is not worth it for the Mafia. I agree the interpretation of Fly is pretty iffy, but...! We have enough people to see who's lying.

But at this moment, I think we should go for Light. We can easily test of Zero Moment is Mafia during the night.

even if phantom is lying, seeker's claim is directly testable. if it dies and flips mafia, that expressly indicates phantom's innocence.

also, mafia making ridiculous claims is not generally a thing that is a thing before accusations are made. phantom's claim is kind of ludicrous but it is simply too ridiculous to seem false unless phantom is really thinking ahead of us all ... which is unlikely, since it would then risk WHOOSH. and that would create a 1:1 losing trade for the mafia.

not that it matters, since we can kill light and test against seeker and we'll have our answer in the morning. seriously.

perhaps bluzzy and/or effercon can clarify if they, too, have fly. or we could just shoot one of you down tonight and then we can lynch the other tomorrow. maybe.

solution: tonight, seeker uses fly on, I don't know, probably effercon, with the resist and base 140 def. the rest of us attack it. if it survives, we lynch phantom. otherwise, it's a dead liar.

I do have Fly, and it is an inspecting move.

Therefore, I second Phantom's nomination of Zero Moment.

If Phantom's inspection was correct, Light is Mafia and we'll be fine lynching him and killing Zero Moment off during the night with our actions. But at this point I think Light has the majority.

Anyway, we should start posting our most effective moves against Golurk so res can calculate how much is needed to kill him, so more of us can use our night actions in more useful ways. Although in case Mafia claim a move and they actually don't attack Zero Moment, a few of us should attack him anyway, just to be safe.

Said it before, but may as well say it again: my most effective move is Fiery Dance.

(Well, I suppose that's assuming you /would/ inspect someone--but uh if you can, that's a really powerful night action and I would expect you to use it.)

Said it before, but may as well say it again: my most effective move is Fiery Dance.

And mine is giga drain.

(Well, I suppose that's assuming you /would/ inspect someone--but uh if you can, that's a really powerful night action and I would expect you to use it.)

Don't forget - I'm Skarmory, and there's a Raichu in play. If Raichu is mafia, I'm fucked. That's why I used Whirlwind during the previous night - after all, an inspector who didn't inspect is still better to have than a dead one.

oh, ugh. so what, you redirected raichu randomly? you redirect anything that comes at you? how much do you know if you redirect something, do you know?

oh, ugh. so what, you redirected raichu randomly? you redirect anything that comes at you? how much do you know if you redirect something, do you know?

Any attack targeted at me will be redirected to a random target, and I won't know who it redirects to.

By the way, this was my plan once I saw my moveset - survive the first night and the first day, then start inspecting.

But the mafia's much more likely to kill you now than they were night one! They know you're an inspector! (Well, there are other inspectors--but what if you were the only one?)

Back
Top Bottom