• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

University Applications

Just sent mine off!

My choices are:

Exeter (French and ab initio Italian)
Bristol (French and ab initio Italian)

Westcountry represeeeeeeent :D Except I'm not there in termtime, which would presumably be the only time you /would/ be there :p Good luck with it, and to everyone else as well :D

Oh, bluh, CMU has a supplement? :s

Yeah, a list of four books you've read and a one page essay on why you're interested in the particular colleges you're applying to at CMU and CMU in general.

I honestly didn't even think there were schools that didn't have supplements. (Though Harvard's is "optional" which I totally didn't expect. Though in college application parlance, "optional" means "required")

Already applied early action to MIT, though, so I do have one application out of the way.

'Cept MIT doesn't use Common App so it's WORK ALL OVER AGAIN blublubbluh

Also, Common App makes no sense. I mean seriously, what is up with the organization of their activities portion?

'Cept MIT doesn't use Common App so it's WORK ALL OVER AGAIN blublubbluh

Also, Common App makes no sense. I mean seriously, what is up with the organization of their activities portion?

Ugh, I know! (To both your points)

I just realized---I think MIT gives you 40 words to describe activities and the Common App gives you 40 characters. Interesting.

Ugh, I know! (To both your points)

I just realized---I think MIT gives you 40 words to describe activities and the Common App gives you 40 characters. Interesting.

You know, I think the Common App is sort of like an intelligence test; if you're not smart enough to figure it out, then you're not smart enough for college.

Also, don't you hate those supplements that tell to write a paragraph but give you 5000 characters?

holy dicks it's the ucas deadline tomorrow
i only got mine sent yesterday because money.

who else will be staring at track all day every day for the next forever?

In the silly Irish system of college applications, these are the courses I'm going for;

1. BA with Creative Writing (NUI, Galway)
2. BA with Latin American Studies (NUI, Galway)
3. BA (Honours) (NUI, Galway)
4. BA (Honours) (NUI, Maynooth)
5. Applied Languages (University of Limerick)
6. BA (Honours) (University College Cork)
7. Languages, Literature and Film (University of Limerick)
8. BA (Honours) (University of Limerick)
9. Journalism and New Media (University of Limerick)
10. BA (Honours) (Waterford Institute of Technology)

I won't find out if I got accepted until August but the chances of me not going to Galway are rather remote thanks to the flaws of our stupid system. Not that I'm complaining about a virtually guaranteed college course, but the fact that I'm virtually guaranteed my number two doesn't make me feel any better about how hard it's going to be to even come close to achieving my number one.

I haven't actually begun to send in applications, but my PLAN (that's a pre-ACT test in America) scores have come in so I have some e-mails from places.

Offers so far:

Carleton College
Colorado State University
University of Chicago
Duke University
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Barnard College

Apparently Duke is really famous or something, my parents got excited.

^ Get ready for millions more emails for the next several years. Some schools in particular just do. not. give. up.

:D

I don't live in the US. I did the SATs once, several years ago. I never applied to a single US university.

I still get the occasional e-mail from US universities.

Last edited:
very good reason to add something that doesn't change the destination of the email, but does show up in the from line, to the email you give to testing things.

that way, when they come, you can at least filter them out.

Back
Top Bottom