• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Extraterrestrial Life

Can you prove this?
I consider it a given that unless you have a shred of evidence for your D&D creature or whatever, the likelihood of any given mythological creature existing is so unfathomably minute as to be not worth considering. So, yes, I state that no gods exist with fair confidence, just as I would state that leprechauns do not exist with equal confidence. And leprechauns aren't even nearly as ridiculous as gods.

In essence, I read this as:
"invisible pink unicorns do not exist"
"WELL VEE CAN YOU PROVE IT"

Nope, and I don't have to. Two plus two is four, and if you disagree you're going to have to back it up. Likewise, gods do not exist, and if you disagree you're going to have to back it up. Having a lot of people believe in the same critter as you makes zero difference; your god is no different than Zeus to me.

All I am saying is that people who believe in a god also belive in extraterrestrial life by default.
Nice nitpicking, but completely irrelevant to the thread and you know it.

No, you can say, 'unless you prove god exists I will assume god does not exist,' but if you just state the non-existance of god as a fact you are doing what you acuse religious people of doing but in reverse

No, I'm not. Stating the non-existence of something because of lack of evidence is in no way the same as stating the existence of something despite the lack of evidence. All the evidence points toward God not existing; as such, this is the default position I am taking. You are going to have to have some pretty convincing evidence to make me change my mind.

Religious people can give you evidence, which is not irrefutable, but still can suggest the existance of god. Denying god is halfway between denying the unicorn or whatever and denying the existance of grass based on lack of evidence

Religious people can give you evidence, which is not irrefutable, but still can suggest the existance of god. Denying god is halfway between denying the unicorn or whatever and denying the existance of grass based on lack of evidence

Time Psyduck, GTFO. Your try to start a debate about the existence of god on just about every thread you post in. Just stop posting.

I have only stated two things:

1) God would count as extraterrestial life where that life does not come form another planet.
2) the statement "God does not exist" In those words is an opinion not a fact. I mealy would like people not to state absolutes.

I am sorry if my wording is not good and if people disagree with me, but I am not trying to start any debates about god. The debates seem to be attracted to me by magatism or something. I am not going to make any more posts

God is not extraterrestrial because He (and any other god) exists outside of this universe.

However, getting back on topic, I believe there is extraterrestrial life. Not little midgets with big heads and big eyes in flying saucers, nor really any doom-bringers, but I do believe in life on other planets. *nodnod*

it honestly saddens me that people would even construct beliefs about whether or not extraterrestrial life exists

What else is there to do on a Saturday night?

I happen to be interested in extraterrestrial life, so I construct beliefs around them. (Really, not too hard.) I'm not interested enough in creating a theory, though.

Back
Top Bottom