• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light-colored head, relatively fluffy, large nose, the shape of the mouth... dude it totally looks like an otter. :/

sea-otter.jpg

Don't otters crack oysters open by laying them on their chests and smashing at them with rocks or something like that? 'cause it has a seashell on its chest too and everything.

edit: ...wait Buizel was an otter?

"Sea weasel"--otters are mustelids like weasels, so it's assumed that buizel and floatzel are "otters". They don't look much like mustelids at all, IMO, but pikachu doesn't look like a mouse so it's not like I had a reason to care.

Ah, I feel much better about them now.

Grass: I love, love, love this guy. This is the first time in the history of me playing Pokemon that the grass starter's been my favorite. I mean, it's a snake! With arms and legs!

Fire: Meh, design's cute, but a little bland. I have to give them credit for making it a fire pig. That fact alone means its evolutions are going to be awesome (giant flaming boar...bwahaha)

Water: Again, cute, but meh. I do like that it's a sea otter though (yes, it's different from Buizel, who's a river otter), and the seashell on its belly is a nice touch.

YOU MAPLESTORY NERD! Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing :D I was like OMG FIRE BOAR.

But I bet Zoroark is like Lucario or something. Maybe the transformation thing has to do with its kitsune relationship.

YOU MAPLESTORY NERD! Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing :D I was like OMG FIRE BOAR.

But I bet Zoroark is like Lucario or something. Maybe the transformation thing has to do with its kitsune relationship.

Four years ago...

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

What's with all this "but I don't like pigs" nonsense? Pigs are great! I kind of want Nintendo to make more of them, because Mamoswine, Primeape, Grumpig and this new guy still isn't enough to make a full team :D

Four years ago...

Oh lord, when they came out with the Evan here in the U.S. everyone started playing again. I'm not tempted due to my lack of memory space to download it :DDDD

And I agree that we need more pig Pokemon. MAKE A SWINE FLU MON. OR MAKE A PIG THAT CAN FLY. GET IT? WHEN PIGS FLY :DDDDDD AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That wasn't funny...

Gahh I am having a dilemma you guys. );

Obviously, I'm loyal to the water-types and Mr. Otter is cool, but the snake is so amazingly cool and coolly amazing that I'm dying a bit inside. :(

But the I do like Bulbasaur so hey. :/

i started out liking the grass starter the most, but now i really like the pig! i guess i just have a soft spot for fire types, also it's so freaking happy looking haha.
the water starter is really mehhh though, i don't like it. looks kinda like a clown. i don't completely despise it though :v

1. What would be the point?
  2. Why would they even bother giving Zoroark a cool design with claws and stuff and a pre-evolution? It seems like an ability like this would call for a more minimalistic design, like that of Ditto.
  3. Why would you not be able to capture Zoroark while it is transforming, if it is is more or less unchanged?

This is interesting... my thought is that perhaps it's ability does indeed allow it to transform like Ditto, except that now perhaps you can choose when to activate the ability yourself, instead of attacking for a turn or something. That way, you can use Zoroark as it is, or decide "I feel like transforming now" and trigger his Illusion ability to transform instead. And perhaps something similar will be added to Ditto so ti can transform in mid-battle now without switching out. That would be sweet.

Also, I like the idea of choosing when to activate the pokemon's ability, also, sort of like ASB does here. With Natural Cure, for example, you wouldn't need to switch to cure status, you could just spend one turn curing yourself rather than attacking. Perhaps this is what they meant when they said the battles will be different?

...Oh there's an entire Black and White thread of course this discussion would be here okay. Well same opinions coming from me, I'm no fan of the pig and otter. The pig looks like they just shrunk Grumpig, painted it red and made it criminally happy. The otter... l: just looks derp. But after the 4th gen I'm jaded as I hated every starter from there particularly turdtwig and the chimp Blaziken rip.
But I'm in love with Tsutaja <3 what a smug snake~ Reminds me of Treecko too who remains one of my favourite starters. I've never been a huge fan of the Grass set but as far as I'm concerned there's only one choice here-

Oh dear gods why. Kill me too.

This is easily the best grass starter I've seen from any generation so far, and I'll definitely be picking it. I don't think the fire and water starters are terrible, but Tsutaja just looks amazing.

Four years ago...

Haha, same here, except it's only been maybe half a year or so for me. :P Don't think I'll be going back any time soon now, especially now that I've got TF2 to waste my life away with instead.

I really like Tsutaaja, like most; I'm hoping its final evolution will be a dragon of some sort. (I mean, working from the concept of snakes with legs...) But Pokabu is just adorable. I hate how Mijumaru looks, but it could have awesome evolutions. So... which I pick depends on how the evolutions turn out.

I like the trainers okay; I don't exactly find them OMGAWESOME and the girl's hair weirds me out, but they're pretty cool.

Notice also how all the screenshots show that no, the camera angle is not normally what we saw in the famous city shots and in fact looks pretty much like D/P.

My bet on Zoroark's ability is that it would actually take on the appearance of another Pokémon without your opponent knowing. So instead of saying "X sent out ZOROARK!", it would say "X sent out RAIKOU!" or whatever and they won't discover it's a Zoroark until it suddenly hits them with a move Raikou can't learn.

What's with all this "but I don't like pigs" nonsense? Pigs are great! I kind of want Nintendo to make more of them, because Mamoswine, Primeape, Grumpig and this new guy still isn't enough to make a full team :D

Well, Primeape is more of an ape, shockingly :P But it does have a pig nose, I grant you.

My bet on Zoroark's ability is that it would actually take on the appearance of another Pokémon without your opponent knowing. So instead of saying "X sent out ZOROARK!", it would say "X sent out RAIKOU!" or whatever and they won't discover it's a Zoroark until it suddenly hits them with a move Raikou can't learn.

That would be really cheap. But a lot of people do things like that already. I got a hacked Arceus named STARLY. :D

Well, Primeape is more of an ape, shockingly :P But it does have a pig nose, I grant you.

Yeah, but it has a "Pig Monkey" classification.

And what about Mamoswine? It's a freaking furry elephant with a pig's nose!

...pig's noses make everything better X3

Also, you guys are too fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom