• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice also how all the screenshots show that no, the camera angle is not normally what we saw in the famous city shots and in fact looks pretty much like D/P.

I was afraid this would happen. Well, I expected that the camera angle wouldn't be like the city all of the time(it would look pretty awkward), but the screenshots we have show that the camera isn't as dynamic as I hoped it would be. Oh well, Smug-snake is cool.

My bet on Zoroark's ability is that it would actually take on the appearance of another Pokémon without your opponent knowing. So instead of saying "X sent out ZOROARK!", it would say "X sent out RAIKOU!" or whatever and they won't discover it's a Zoroark until it suddenly hits them with a move Raikou can't learn.

That...is pretty awesome, actually. I hope we could get the ability to choose what Pokemon it appears as(like from the ones you've seen in your Pokedex or something). I would love to send out, say, a "Charmeleon" and then hit them hard with a Night Slash. >:]

Yeah, but it has a "Pig Monkey" classification.

And what about Mamoswine? It's a freaking furry elephant with a pig's nose!

...pig's noses make everything better X3

Also, you guys are too fast :D

But it's called Mamoswine. And I'm pretty sure I've seen some kind of prehistoric woolly tusked pig thing it was probably based on. Blargh.

In any case though, it appears Spoink and Grumpig are currently the only Pokémon that are truly 100% pig. That makes me sad.

Right now I'm liking the grass one. But I'm not entirely sure whether I'm going to get the game yet. I'll have to see whether the region is more "urban" or "natural". I'm really hoping we get another warm region a la Hoenn, because I disliked the snow areas in DPPt (even though I like the Ice type.)

Maybe it'll be Grass-Flying?

I like the grass starter, but it will all come down to which starter has the best evolutions.

After all, the third form is the Pokemon you're going to be carrying around with you 90% of the time.

Speak for yourself, I only evolve my starter to its final form if I think it's cuter than its first form. Otherwise it goes unevolved.

Also, older protagonist, yes. Possibly a more indepth/slightly darker storyline? I mean Platinum's was pretty dark so they might be slowly making the series more mature. I mean, the girl's near lack of pants alone help give off this vibe, or atleast it does for me.

Most likely I'm going to pick either the fire or grass starter, seeing as the water starter isn't particularly appealing, imo. Which is odd, as I normally don't like the grass starters outside of Bulbasaur and Turtwig. Also, female player character has just become my favorite, bumping Dawn down to number two and Leaf to three.

EDIT: Thoughts on the protagonists being older:

I doubt that they'd change the canon age for becoming a trainer from 10-11.

...Is it ever stated anywhere in the games that you start out at 10-11? I thought that was anime-only. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

In the games themselves? I don't believe so, though if I recall correctly at least one of the instruction booklets that came with the older games said something about it.

My bet on Zoroark's ability is that it would actually take on the appearance of another Pokémon without your opponent knowing. So instead of saying "X sent out ZOROARK!", it would say "X sent out RAIKOU!" or whatever and they won't discover it's a Zoroark until it suddenly hits them with a move Raikou can't learn.
Oh my god. This would be so cool. I am a) wishing I had thought of this first, and b) praying that this is actually how it works.

You'd have to prepare it with the illusion you want somehow, I guess. Either that, or it would just pick a pokemon randomly. Which would of course render it fairly pointless in competitive battling, as anyone will know what's up when you send out your Surskit or whatever in the middle of your team of OU pokemon.

edit: although I doubt the latter would really work for Game Freak - they wouldn't like it if your Zoroark transformed into the yet-to-be-revealed event legendary, now would they

Last edited:
So, now that I'm not busy, I can post here. :)

Grass type starter: I like this one's design. It looks all serious. and stuff and I just really like it. It better have some cool evolutions

Fire type starter: I'm not a huge fan of pigs, but it just screams "I'M SO HAPPY LOVE ME" and I normally love the fire starters anyways, so something tells me that I'll be starting with it.

Water type starter: ADORABLE but it looks kind of emo. Turn that frown upside down! It's incredibly adorable though, and I just want to go up and hug it.

Screen shots: I'm starting to think that these will either have a) different cameras for different areas or b) rotational camera. It'll probably just be (a) though. I must say, the graphics still look pretty cool, and I like how we can see all of the Pokemon's back in battle now.

Trainers: This is the third Pokemon game where I like the girl's design over the guy's (others were Crystal and R/S/E). I'm digging the hair. The fact that they're older is not that big of a deal to me.

Now it's speculation time...WHICH OF THE TWO TRAINERS WILL ASH MEET IN THE ANIME? :D? I'm betting on the girl.

I think for the Zoroark's ability, it might perhaps imitate the Pokemon you last battled? It makes a bit of sense to me.

And Ash'll probably meet the chick, yeah. That would be SO cool. I hope she's as awesome as I think she is in the anime.

Also, the Water starter, for some reason, reminds me of Ron Weasley. XD Maybe it's the freckles or something, I have no idea. I'm actually sort of starting to get a bit more fond of it the more I look at it. If I get one, I am so naming it that.

I think they're throwing the Pokemon anime out the window and rebooting. Yes? We still haven't heard what these "big changes" they keep promising us are because they're being kept under wraps, but the protagonists are older than Ash's crew looks, which means they would seriously disrupt the whole "kids' show" thing if they joined up. Also, older protagonists = older target audience. They realize that the children that first picked up Pokemon Red and Blue will be entering college now, and some of them (like us, probably) are going to want to play the new games, but we aren't interested in the anime since it is, after all, a kids' show.

So they're probably gonna end the current anime and reboot in a different continuity, exty years later, maybe with some higher production values like a modern anime and more focus on plot and less on merchandising or character-of-the-day. And kids can watch it, and we won't be as embarrassed to watch it. Or perhaps they'll just start the other anime and run both of them. (they have the money.)

Speaking of the starters, I love them, and I just might have done the first sprites of them. I mean, other people have done sprites of individual ones among them before, but I think these are the first complete set. (someone else posted one 5 minutes after me.) You may use them.

I have no clue why, but these starters struck a really good chord with me on first sight. Imma use the grass snake. Why? Because way back when I was like 7 or something I mispronounced "garter snake" as "garden snake" and thought "HEY they should totally make a grass-type snake Pokemon". My long-forgotten dream come true!

...But besides that, I always pick the grass type starter on my first playthrough.

Am I the only one who really doesn't like any of the starters this generation?

I mean, if I had to pick the one who sucks the least, I'd go with the Grass starter (for the first time in, uh, ever), but overall I'm disappointed.

No, I totally agree with you, J.T.

The fire pig is all...a pig who's red. Nothing about it seems fire-y except the color scheme, which I see is more of a brown anyway.

The water thing is really depressing to look at, it's all :0< with its giant nose and frown-y face. Also, it is really short and fat, unlike any otter I've ever seen.

The grass starter is really the only one who isn't flat out ugly but still looks like its type, but Grass Snake doesn't really describe it at all. It has arms and legs.

The fire pig is all...a pig who's red. Nothing about it seems fire-y except the color scheme, which I see is more of a brown anyway.

am I the only one thinking EXPLODING PIGS?

I thought exploding pigs before D: I just couldn't draw them without them turning into radishes.

So Serebii claims that the "official site" has confirmed Butterfree's predictions for the Illusion ability. I, personally, am slightly displeased, though not really surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom