• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Grey/Gray discussion

They could add non-unovan pokemon to the pre-postgame and make part of the plotline traveling to lacunosa town. I agree with the idea of the transformation. Maybe transforming from a "Lack of both" to a "Presence of both"?

I wonder how it would transform, though. And what it would be like when it did. Hmm...

Eh, words can't exactly get offended if I think they're ugly.

And it totally matters! Because here, 'gray' is wrong! It is 'grey'!

inb4 it's not even called that, thus rendering the entire thing pointless 8D

cough gray in north america, grey in pal cough

Opelucid will be determined by whoever you choose: Reshiram (Light Stone) shows the (superior) ancient city, Zekrom (Dark Stone) unlocks the futuristic city. Reshiram also unlocks White Forest, and Zekrom Black City. However, you can switch via the guy who wanted Charge on a Pokemon, but it doesn't need to be from a previous game. Just a Pokemon with Charge.

Oh, and the Striaton trio needs to be a triple battle, and Iris be the Leader of the futuristic and Drayden of the ancient. And a BLOODY VS SEEKER. Oh, and the Battle Frontier as a new place, only accessible via Subway.

Getting a legendary early in the game is cheating xD. It will probably be more like an item.
Or, even better, theres a new area. (Grey Cave; Clear Lake; Grey Tower)
Heres what I think will happen. You can choose at Dragonspiral Cave whether you want Zekrom or Reshiram. You will be told both places are under attack. The first one you go to N obtains, and the second you obtain.
When you get to N's Castle, he will battle you. Then you battle Ghetsis, and then Kyurem appears. N attempts to become friends with Kyurem (Like he did to Zekrom/Reshiram), and fails. Then maybe Ghetsis does, and then you do. (I'm not to sure about this. I just feel you will get Kyurem most likely after you defeat N in his castle.)
Heres another theory. You don't get either Reshiram or Zekrom, but N gets Kyurem (Possibly from the Celestial Tower?) after you battle, you battle Ghetsis. Then Ghetsis takes Kyurem an tries to battle you again, but Reshiram and Zekrom appear, freeing Kyurem. (Sort of like Pt) maybe a cave or something appears which Kyurem is in, and then you capture him. Then you battle N/or Ghetsis for the last time. My theories are flawed in may aspects. xD

Sorry, was it really necessary to point out a small typo without posting something else with relevance to the main topic? That just bothered me.

Anyways, yes. A triple battle with the first gym leaders and the Shadow Triad would be awesome. And I agree with the aspect that you have some sort of decision early or in the middle of the game that decides what Opelucid looks like, what Gym Leader you battle, what area takes the place of Black City/White Forest, and (obviously) what dragon you capture. I don't really know what they could do with Kyurem, though. Perhaps Lacunosa (or whatever it is) could have much more importance in the game, and something with Kyurem occurs there. Then, you would go to Giant Chasm to capture it in the same manner as before. I agree with a subway leading to a Battle Frontier as well. Also, Vs. Seeker. We need a Vs. Seeker or something like it. Same with Gym Leaders. We need rematches. I also want more Team Plasma in the aftergame. Maybe more expansion with the Seven Sages? I found it boring just going around and capturing them without really getting anything out of it. Well, besides TM's.

Reshiram also unlocks White Forest, and Zekrom Black City.
I think it would be the other way around.

Overall, a lot more expansion on the smaller aspects of the game.

Also, why'd they remove Contest? D: I love dem' contest. I also love dem' Pokiathlon.
It'd be nice if they also made it possible your pokemon to follow you again. I loved my Alpha (Absol) following me all around Johto and Kanto

I want the contests back as well. Those were some of my favorite parts. They should add better rewards, though. I personally think that they should have some new TMs that have unique moves that you can only get through contests. That's never going to happen, but it would be cool.

I don't play those sidegame things, but it might be interesting if a game had all of them (contests, super contests, pokéathlon, and musicals, yes) - I guess it'd be irritating for the 100% completion people, but it's totally possible for the population of a region to be entertained by more than one non-battle pokémon competition. Still, while there could be a bunch of prizes from such things - it is mastery over an aspect of the games and should be rewarded, probably - I wouldn't put TMs as one of them. Though if contests had something like BP, it could work?

Anyhow, forgot this: There probably should be more double battles, too. Even with the dark grass, the combo moves they introduced this generation don't get used all that often, so it seems like such a waste. Most of them could be optional, as in you'd normally cross two people's lines of sight at once but can talk to one to take them on one at a time. There should be more doubles than triples and rotation, anyway.

Team Plasma seems like it'd be perfect for it, at some points - they talk about how the other grunt will help take you down, in Dragonspiral Tower. That works a lot better if they're meeting you two or three at a time. I don't see them getting too involved in rotation battles because that'd mean sticking to rules, but ganging up on you? Oh yes. This also gives the opportunity to have multiple tag battles alongside your rivals.

Other small things - you can fight Bianca as soon as you beat the Elite Four the first time, or else she has higher-levelled pokémon when you fight her post-second E4 run. Cheren could get a level boost the second time you beat the Elite Four, too.

Getting a legendary early in the game is cheating xD. It will probably be more like an item.

You can get Cobalion and Virizion as soon as you get surf...? Though if that's a response to Grimdour, I interpreted it as getting the stone, at least initially.

I don't particularly like the idea of choosing what world you're in, though. It seems like it should be grey/clear and not stripes/checkers, or something. (Besides, we've already done that, by choosing which game to buy.) Cell Battery Guy would be good for such a thing, sure, but it could be blended together better than just taking bits of both preceding versions. A third world representing Kyurem, where you can have both greenhouses and vegetable patches, without hopping between dimensions.

N getting Kyurem and you having to get both Light and Dark Stones as a reverse of both Emerald and Platinum could be interesting, but it is more likely to be the other way around. That puts you as the underdog - one legend against two, and yours is broken until you manage to unlock Kyurem's new forme - in the same way it did when you're marching to face N, even though you haven't awakened your legendary yet. And it follows the pattern of your version mascot being yours, and connected to you.

You can get Cobalion and Virizion as soon as you get surf...? Though if that's a response to Grimdour, I interpreted it as getting the stone, at least initially.

I meant like getting Reshiram and Zekrom early. I guess I didn't quite state that clear enough. Pssh. The starters fully evolved forms are normally stronger (or as strong) as the trio pokemon. Plus you could've gotten Victini early.
We need more varied battles too within the game. My first Trio battle was after defeating Ghetsis. Pretty much after the main storyline.
I LOVED the addition of different musical instruments (I'm the Music Geek in my school.), I wish though for each instrument you could permantly add the instruments music to the games sound track. (They need to make Pokemon iPod, that held selected pieces for each instrument.)
I'll think of some more absurd things to add later -strokes invisible beard-

They should SO put the VS Seeker back in. It's so annoying having to train on Wild pokémon for EVs...

...But they're probably not going to. Everyone knows about Nimbasa's sports domes, and how they can get over 15 battles there every day. Therefore the Vs. seeker isn't really needed.

They should SO put the VS Seeker back in. It's so annoying having to train on Wild pokémon for EVs...

...But they're probably not going to. Everyone knows about Nimbasa's sports domes, and how they can get over 15 battles there every day. Therefore the Vs. seeker isn't really needed.

well...15 is nothing compared to the near infinite choice battles you could get a day with a VS seeker

What i hope is move tutor (like those introduced in Platinum)

Okay. Let's look at the chance of there not being move tutors and a Battle Frontier. I'm willing to bet that when the developers start work on grey, the first thing they do will be say "Okay, we're going to put the move tutors here and the battle frontier here." Before they decide what else to add.

Back
Top Bottom