• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you illegally download?

Do you illegally download?

• No, I've never pirated anything in my life

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Yes, I've pirated some things but it's not really a habit.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Yes, I illegally download all the time.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • I've illegally downloaded ROMs in the past.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • I've illegally downloaded software in the past.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • I've illegally downloaded movies in the past.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I've illegally downloaded music in the past .

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
You forgot anime.

I only download anime so I can watch it in high quality, subbed. If there's high-quality streams, then I'll just watch that.

Downloading anime isn't that bad, methinks, as long as you don't use it for your own profit. One, these things don't get released in anywhere that's not Japan properly, and the American dubs is horrible. I hate them. So I go for the original Japanese-dubbed fansubbed ones, which comes out before the American companies even notice them yet.

The other problem is that actual legit episodes are hard to locate: I don't have the anime channels, and they don't air anime that I want to watch. And all their anime are dubbed, which makes me an unhappy fangirl.

Also, there's also the things about "if nobody put that anime on the internet, I would have never gotten obsessed with it and would have never bought their products" that kind of things.

And yes, this is awesome. Read it, everyone!

(Fundamental law of the universe: it's not a crime if you get away with it!)

That's pretty much what I told myself when I downloaded utorrent. I've downloaded a couple of ROMs and a lot of music in my time, but my downloading rate is about to soar through the roof now that I've been given an activation code for a popular members-only torrent site. It's not like I'll get caught though so I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom