• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you illegally download?

Do you illegally download?

• No, I've never pirated anything in my life

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Yes, I've pirated some things but it's not really a habit.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Yes, I illegally download all the time.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • I've illegally downloaded ROMs in the past.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • I've illegally downloaded software in the past.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • I've illegally downloaded movies in the past.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I've illegally downloaded music in the past .

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters

#1 bro

FEELING GREAT, FEELING GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?
Simple question, do you illegally download movies, ROMs, music, software, etc. If so, how often? (In the poll, remember to check all that apply).

Myself, I've illegally downloaded a couple ROMs, and some software once or twice, but I buy all my music (which I'm starting to think isn't the wisest decision) and I don't really give a crap about movies in general, so I wouldn't even bother pirating them.

You?

I used to download music, and I've downloaded a ROM and emulater for an ancient nintendo 64 game. I don't download movies, though.

Last edited:
Very interesting read, thank you!

Thing is, my parents are liberal and open-minded in almost every aspect save for this one - they think piracy is a terrible crime. Considering that my dad is always really interested in what music I've been listening to, I fear that I would get caught if I downloaded too much music without paying for it. :(

I pirate games a lot, pretty much only PC games nowadays, though. I'm cutting down though.

I pirate music whenever I want more music.

I pirate software I need because a lot of it I can't imagine paying for.

I torrent anime a lot. Used to grab licenced ones, but I hardly do now, almost all unlicenced.

I have pirated one movie in my life. Casablanca. Well worth it, it's not particularly easy to find anyway.

A ROM and emulator, but that's it. I get movies and music by paying.
Wait, isn't it not illeagal to download a ROM if you have the game? And are emulators even illegal themselves?

Wait, isn't it not illeagal to download a ROM if you have the game?
No, it definitely is. People (justifiably) write it off as not morally wrong, because by buying the game, you're not causing the company to lose any sales. Still, from a legal standpoint it's the same crime.

And are emulators even illegal themselves?
No.

I've never really cared whether it's right or wrong. Even if it is wrong to download illegally, I'm not going to get caught, so it doesn't really matter.

(Fundamental law of the universe: it's not a crime if you get away with it!)

I used to download music I couldn't get otherwise (anime theme tunes and such I couldn't find on CD anywhere), and I used to have a Sapphire ROM I played in the time period between it coming out in the US and the time it came out in the UK (at which point I bought Ruby).

I watch quite a few movies and stuff on youtube and other such places, but again, they're very hard to find/not out in the UK, so I don't feel too bad about it. If I ever found the r2 DVD versions of most of them, I'd buy them right away.

Hm... I watch some Simpsons episodes at a website, but only these that are not on DVD yet. I also download stuff from Limewire, but only because I'm looking for "special" songs that's hard to get.

I pirated music, ROMs, games, software, and I even got a HDD image of an arcade game. No movies, though, since I can't be bothered.
EDIT: I'm an idiot and clicked movies in the poll.

Last edited:
It seems to casual to be a major issue. I don't illegally download but I do watch stuff on the internet.

I've never really cared whether it's right or wrong. Even if it is wrong to download illegally, I'm not going to get caught, so it doesn't really matter.

(Fundamental law of the universe: it's not a crime if you get away with it!)

you live in Sweden, of course you're never going to be caught

Back
Top Bottom