• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

I was reading a Vampire Knight comic to my friends and I stupidly read "aristocrat" (a type of vampire) as "aristocrap". >.<

I was in the kitchen the other day, and I noticed the little paper sweepstake things you peel off bags.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Captain America on this thing and it said, "Win a surfing trip," and I am thinking, yeah it's summer surfing is okay, but why Captain America?

Today I walked by it again, and actually looked at it, and what it really says is, "Win a Super-Fun trip," and now I am thinking, thank God I never asked dad what surfing had to do with Captain America." xD

Originally Posted by FlyingMintBunny
I posted this on #tcod already, but every time I go to read someone's profile, I see it as 'View Pubic Profile' and that is just fucking disgusting

Yeah, I misread Jennie's hat as something I can't say on here, Let's just say I didn't see the comma between Jennie and s.

Lili, Yes that's what I read it as. This was the children's section of the library by the way. Quite funny really.

Rolls Royce instead of Bake Rolls.

Also, there was this situation: I was reading a book and I looked at what I thought was something about horses being intelligent. Then I thought: "Wait, why is the brain overflowing?" Then I realized that it was actually a description of a landscape and the large overflowing thing was a basin.

"Welcome" as "Pokémon Dads".
It was on a Pokémon site, other than that I have no clue.

Also, I was derping around on Omegle, and some person started with saying "Castle, we're not having sex right now". I first read that as "Cats", as in CATS from Zero Wing(as in All Your Base). I was pretty disturbed for the first second or so.

Last edited:
I was copying some files, and there was a possibility to "copy NTFS rights" or something. I read it as "copy NSFW rights."

First time I read "MPEG", I read it as "MPREG". Horrible badfic memories rushing back now gaaaaaaah

I also just read "Cool blow" on a hairdryer as "Cockblock". what

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts, but I once read my entire French test in french, and wrote in german while thinking I was writing in French.

I read over it all and thought it was all in French, then my teacher called me up, and I had to reread it a couple times tell I realized I wrote it in german. So it wasn't that I misread the words, I just misread the language. xD

I just misread an ad that said "Get ready to take on the world" as "Get ready to take over the world". I was confused until I reread it.

"get dressed" as "get dersed" and "sour spray" (on some candy or something) as "soup spray." In my defence, the "R" in the latter looked a bit strange.

Back
Top Bottom