• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

I just misread "Fake Syrian blogger" as "Fake Syrian booger". Iwas confused, thought maybe it was a political term I haven't heard/saw before, until I reread it.

I do this a lot. I also mess up when I'm saying things. Like in D&D last week I was DMing and one of the players said they "Uppercut" the wolf that was attacking them, and I go, "Okay, you uppercunt-" then I caught myself. It was highly amusing.

Sounds like the time I meant to refer to myself as the "best brass player" but messed up while I was speaking so I ended up saying "I am the breast - the bra - the BEST BRASS PLAYER."

I have a friend who thought another friend's shirt said "I <3 Penis." It actually said "I <3 Paris."

I also managed to read satyr as stayr for like a year before I actually realized it. I tend to do things like this a lot.

I misread mouse as moose on a test in Biology class once, at least I have the most interesting food chain in class.

Yesterday I saw a bus pass by with an advertisement saying, "Come visit the Pregnancy Hotel!" I was like, "Woah! A hotel for pregnant people?!" And then I noticed it said Regency Hotel.

"Do not feed the giraffe" was misread by yours truly as "Donors, feel the gavel." Yes. I know it makes no sense. I didn't understand it either.

My brother's T-shirt has "Trail" written on it. I misread it as "Frail."
Also "Flying pirates" as "Flying Pikachu." From his T-shirt again.
There is also a shoe box with "Magnate" on it. I misread it as "Madness."

I routinely misread, miswrite and mispronounce "delirious" as "delicious", which creates problems and/or hilarity when I try and tell people I'm not delirious from sleep deprivation.

You know how Tirtouga is the "Prototurtle Pokémon"? Well, as I got it in Pokédex 3D, I read that as "Prostitute Pokémon". xD

And in Zelda OoT3D, I read "what would Saria say" as "what would Santa say".

Last edited:
Just in #tcod.

What I read-

"I'm not even sure I've ever seen any of the dick things in comic stores"

What was posted-

"I'm not even sure I've ever seen any of the duck things in comic stores"

Talking to a friend of mine about something yesterday.

He said: "I think I'm gonna make ravioli for lunch."
I read: "I think I'm gonna make Romulans for lunch."

He /ran with it/ for an hour before he broke down and told me.

Back
Top Bottom