• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Biggest "Fail" Moment in a Video Game

I failed when I Surfed to Cianwood in Gold and tried to beat the gym with a SHUCKLE with it's fail attack. It was hard so I had to give up and Surf back until Shuckle was strong enough...but I ended up ditching my old mate(it's the Shuckle that guy is afraid will get stolen :P).

Also I did all this work in Blue to find the 'Mew underneath the truck' and just about cried when nothing happened :'(

I got FFVII, played through to the bit before the Wall Market scene (which, I may add, is the most hilarious part of any video game in history). I got stuck on the road from Aeris's house to the Wall Market and gave up playing the game for several weeks. I didn't realise that you had to go up a certain part of the scenery... at the time, it wasn't obvious at all.

Really, it's more to do with FFVII's silly graphics. Not at all my fault. Ahem.

The other day, in LoZ: Windwaker, I was close to dying and I had just killed an enemy who just happened to give me a heart--off the cliff. So I jumped after it...and missed...and killed myself. Yeah.

My first Pokemon game was Yellow. I get, put it in the Gameboy, and started it up. I go through the introduction and the game officially starts. As most of you know, the game starts in your room. Well, I, not knowing anything about video games, don't know how to get out of my room. I walk around and don't see anyway out.
So my solution is to turn it off and start again. I once again go through the introduction and this time I figure out how to get out of my room. Now I can't figure out how to get out of the house.
So I turn it off and start again. I go through the introduction and this time I figure out how to get out of the house.

The day I found the "SAVE" option was a happy, happy day.

My first Pokemon game was Yellow. I get, put it in the Gameboy, and started it up. I go through the introduction and the game officially starts. As most of you know, the game starts in your room. Well, I, not knowing anything about video games, don't know how to get out of my room. I walk around and don't see anyway out.
So my solution is to turn it off and start again. I once again go through the introduction and this time I figure out how to get out of my room. Now I can't figure out how to get out of the house.
So I turn it off and start again. I go through the introduction and this time I figure out how to get out of the house.

The day I found the "SAVE" option was a happy, happy day.
There are a SHOCKING number of people I've come across who couldn't find their way out of the room/house on R/B/Y. Surely stairs and doors are fairly commonplace items whose function they would be familiar with? xD

VII really needs a graphical update above everything else. As awesome as it is, one gets sick of playing Final Fantasy with Legos.
I know! Whilst I'm normally not an advocate of rehashing old games over and over again, I feel that FFVII's graphics are poor enough to warrant a remake (along with a few other minor niggles that should really be fixed). Problem is that if they do release it, it'll probably be 360/PS3-only. :(

I know! Whilst I'm normally not an advocate of rehashing old games over and over again,

What if it's a complete remake, to make it seem like a totally different game? Like the Resident Evil 'Cube remake, or Tales of Destiny PS2 remake? =P

I wouldn't be surprised if a VII remake was on the PSP, seeing as though Squeenix seems to be going for handhelds to put the remakes on. Maybe if they remake it, they'll fix the story so that Aeris doesn't seem like Cloud's love interest, because she really wasn't...

Oh another one. Er one of the daedric shrines (Vaermina I think) you need a personality of 20 or less, and i tried the booze to no effect, so I decided to go on a kill spree to lower it (it doesn't, stupid me) I hadn't recieved the dragon armour yet and I finished main quest, so when I was done getting jailed, there was a frozen Ocato, incapable of giving me the damn armour...GRAH!

I wouldn't be surprised if a VII remake was on the PSP, seeing as though Squeenix seems to be going for handhelds to put the remakes on. Maybe if they remake it, they'll fix the story so that Aeris doesn't seem like Cloud's love interest, because she really wasn't...
Oh HELL no.

The loading times on PSP are ridiculous. I mean, if I am going to fork out for a new console, at least make it a decent one. D:

Also, I dunno. Aeris x Cloud always seemed nicer. Tifa was just too much boobs, although she was *slightly* more progressive than Aeris. :/

and I must of been a smart 5-year-old because I named my rival in gold "Jessie". He was named after a guy in my kindergarden who used to chase me and beat me up ):

I did the same thing; not because of a kid I knew, but I didn't get the fact that "OH HEY RIVAL IS A BOY" and thought it was the anime's Jessie. :x

A bigger fail moment: to this day I am scared shitless by the Chozo ghosts in Metroid Prime.

Oh HELL no.

The loading times on PSP are ridiculous. I mean, if I am going to fork out for a new console, at least make it a decent one. D:

Also, I dunno. Aeris x Cloud always seemed nicer. Tifa was just too much boobs, although she was *slightly* more progressive than Aeris. :/

They're not really that bad... Although the loading times are MUCH better if you have a hacked PSP, because instead of reading from the UMD, it's getting the games from your memory stick. Either way, unless you're playing Ys, the loading times on the PSP aren't that bad. My only problem is that mine is starting to fall apart because I play Guilty Gear so hardcore.

I mean, if Devil Kings and Dynasty Warriors can work on the PSP, why not? Plus, they could also be aware of the load times in their game, and do like Dissidia, where you can put a chunk of the game on the memory stick to minimize the load times. Or just hack your PSP and put a whole 1.6 GB game to not have any loading time at all except for when saving, and a cutscene.

Mmm, I always felt that Aeris was more of a sister figure to Cloud in FFVII. And after playing Crisis Core, I've always felt that her heart was always with Zack anyways. It's almost like they were planning the VII compilation, because all of her development was in Crisis Core with Zack...

Tell us about your biggest "fail" moment in a video game. (y'know, like your most embarrassing mess-up, dumbest thing you ever did, etc.)

Mine is:
For those of you who have played GSC, do you remember your first battle with your rival? His name appeared as "???". So after that battle, a kid at Elm's lab asks me what his name was. Well, being the naive kid I was back then, I told the kid that his name was "???". (that's what is was, wasn't it?)

I later found out that that was actually the part where I was supposed to name my rival. So, for the rest of my Pokemon Crystal experience, my rival's name was ???.

So... yeah, what's yours?

You. Are. My. Twin.

I did that too. And now I do that every time I restart Crystal, just in memory.

Also this is kind of a fail, I spent months or maybe even years working my way up to the 75th battle or so on Mt. Battle in Pokemon Colloseum. Then one day I turned it on, attempted to resume it, and somehow overwrote it and started a new challenge instead. D:

Although I guess that doesn't really matter, since last summer I had to hide my memory card from my little cousins, and never found it again.

Last edited:
biggest fail moment... has to be metroid 1 i played the game for hours and hours on end then when i went to continue the next day the code didn't work... apparently it was case sensitive. >.< so yeah that kind of sucked.

another one was in final fantasy IX when your spoused to split up your team i sent all the magic users to the wrong island and got stuck in that game >.< i normaly get stuck in rpgs and stop playing them.

Hmm...biggest FAIL...oh yeah!

I remember a looooooong time ago, when I was like 6 or something, I was at my aunt's house and picked up my cousin's GBC which just happened to have Pokemon Yellow in it. He saved inside a Pokemon Center (Pewter's I think...I vaguely remember Jigglypuff), and I had NO IDEA how to exit that building. Apparently that little door matt wasn't a big enough tip off for me. I thought the whole game took place in that one Center and I remember trying to get past to link club lady because I thought she was blocking the stairs to the exit XD.

Now that I think about it, this may have been my first exposure to a Pokemon game.

So I'm playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and I come across a door with a bulls-eye pattern on it. I search the dungeon for switches and chests and the like, but to no avail. I desperately slice away at it with my sword, but I still couldn't get through that evil door!

About two hours later I realize that I'm just supposed to tap it to make it open.

I've probably done worse, though.

Oh God, my biggest fail ever would have to be this...

It was my first time playing through Okami, and I had just cleared the Moon Cave and had to ring the Epicurean Bell 8 times so I could ride the elevator up to fight Orochi. Well, the obvious thing to in my mind was to power slash the bell, so I did. It rang, and I proceeded to do so 7 more times. Nothing happened. I thought I'd made an error in counting, so I tried again and again and again....in all honesty I think I spent a good hour messing with that damn bell. In the end I actually had to look it up on the net., where I proceeded to learn that all I had to do was headbutt it.

I felt stupid for a minute, but I was too happy to be continuing the game to really care.

Now it's great inside joke. xD And I am yet another who named their GSC rival "???". It's a rather common phenomenon; my boyfriend did the same thing. xD

Somehow got myself killed by Giaprey with my new character in MHFUnite... It kinda hurt what little pride I had, nearly diminishing it, and made me wish I had friends to play it with.

But then it also came to mind that I killed the WLAN switch on my PSP along with my headphone jack, preventing me from listening to music on it or whatever, or even play games over ad-hoc with it. All because I play GGXXACPlus so hard I made my PSP start falling apart from the inside. Although I think this happened like a year ago... ;~;

Back
Top Bottom