• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Biggest "Fail" Moment in a Video Game

GigaNerd17

Webcomic Artist
Tell us about your biggest "fail" moment in a video game. (y'know, like your most embarrassing mess-up, dumbest thing you ever did, etc.)

Mine is:
For those of you who have played GSC, do you remember your first battle with your rival? His name appeared as "???". So after that battle, a kid at Elm's lab asks me what his name was. Well, being the naive kid I was back then, I told the kid that his name was "???". (that's what is was, wasn't it?)

I later found out that that was actually the part where I was supposed to name my rival. So, for the rest of my Pokemon Crystal experience, my rival's name was ???.

So... yeah, what's yours?

The first thing that comes to mind is when I was playing The World Ends with You. I randomly scanned and a Taboo noise happened to be right next to me, and I figured, "What the heck, I might as well chain two more." Turns out that I had no pins equipped, so I was stuck dashing back and forth while my partner whittled slowly away at the enemies' health.

Well, this isn't really a fail moment for me, but more of a fail moment for Professor Oak.

I was playing Pokémon Snap when a bunch of my friends were over. I was trying to take a clear shot of Magmar fighting, but I accidentally took a picture of its ass while it was burning the other Magmar. Out of curiosity, I showed it to Oak. He said, "Oh! That looks hot!" Then he gave me his rating.To this day, it is my highest rated picture.

Another bizarre thing about Oak is that he hides his tiki hut behind a GIGANTIC STEEL GATE. Sort of makes you wonder what kinds of parties he has there, and who he invites.

^ hahahahahaha. times like that when i love professer oak.

mm... fail moments in a video game. well i was playing animal crossing, and i was going to the city with my invitation for redd's shop... and i forgot it. so i went back, thinking i got it. when i get there, i forgot it again. then a third time. and a fourth. i quit for that night.

next day i threw out my invitation by accident.

Well. XD I accidentally called my rival ??? in Silver too. :P The first two times, I believe. In Twilight Princess, you are given a set of tiny objectives and sidequests to do to help out the people in your village in the beginning. One required getting a cat back to its owner. I and two friends spent half an hour trying to herd it like a goat. As in, chasing it around and trying to get it over the bridge. That was... embarassing. :P More to come when I think of them.

In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne:

I had started the sidequest to get Dante to join my party. I spent most of my time up to that point strengthening under one specific Magatama, so I figured, what's the harm in using that one?. It's only weakness was a Pierce Attack.

Turns out that all of Dante's moves Pierce me. Whoops.

I can't think of some extreme fail I've done in any video game, but I'm sure as hell I've done a whole lot of fail.

I've got a couple...

First, in Exit Fate, there's this part where you can save directly before a boss battle. ...yes, that's right. I overwrote my save file and had to replay the entire game up to that point.

And nothing can describe how epically I failed once in Tales of Symphonia. I was going to beat Abyssion, so I went down all those millions of stairs in the Temple of Darkness, talked to him... and discovered I had one of the Devil's Arms equipped. I would have unequipped it, but wouldn't you know, I had no other equipment for that character and I couldn't equip her with nothing, so it was back up those stairs to go buy a weapon for her. Well, the only shop that sold her type of weapon turned out to be the last place I looked, and then I didn't have enough Gald to buy it, so I had to sell off my valuables... and then I headed back to the Temple and down all the stairs. This time, it turned out I didn't have any Life Bottles. Back up the stairs again, and back down... and, yeah, that was kind of epic fail, I'd say!

I'm sure I've had more, but those would be the major ones.

I also named my rival ???.

Apart from that nothing really comes to mind.

oh yeah. My parents bought me a turn-based strategy game once; I installed and played on it for about 5 minutes until I got stuck, because I didn't know how I was meant to get more resources, or to make my Hero move any further than he had done already (it wouldn't let me). I decided that game was glitched or something and forgot about it for a few years. Then, a couple of years ago, I found it again and installed. I saw the "end your turn" button this time.

Well there's the number of stupid buggy flips I've done in Motorstorm 2. (i.e. Turning too sharp at high speeds and just barrel rolling across the ground.

In the Shivering Isles I jumped off of the hill of scuicides. Though the water was deeper than that...and I've jumped off of Dive rock, and to the second floor in the imperial palace, and I had to take on like...12 knights of order at once, and about 8 golden saints including commander at once.

Game fail on Oblivion = Telling the Adoring fan to piss off, while at the top of dive rock and he walks right off of it. LULZ

I pretty much leech seed revive max potion stalled the entire kanto league in LG. Woo Venasaur! I pressure revive hyper potion stalled the league in Platinum. Woo Giratina!

The number of SDs as Toon Link in Brawl.

Yeah, I feel fail...

I know, but it's fail that the game allows it.

PC - "Begone pointless fool"
AF - "Yes o esteemed grand champion" (Being as cheerful as possible)
AF - Commits scuicide.

Well, lets see...I was playing the extra mode on Kirby's Adventure(you know, the one you can't save in), but I had it on the Wii so that wasn't much of a problem. In like, the last world, in one of the levels I got hit by a Sir Kibble and got stuck inside of one of those diamond-thingys...needless to say, I nearly cried after having gotten so far on it. Damnit NES game glitches. :(

Well, lets see...I was playing the extra mode on Kirby's Adventure(you know, the one you can't save in), but I had it on the Wii so that wasn't much of a problem. In like, the last world, in one of the levels I got hit by a Sir Kibble and got stuck inside of one of those diamond-thingys...needless to say, I nearly cried after having gotten so far on it. Damnit NES game glitches. :(

Now that is sad. It's so freakin' hard to find enough free-time to play extra mode, let alone finish it!

I feel your pain. :(

I got to the 41st trainer in the battle castle. He sends out an Alakazam. I have Jolteon out with Shadow Ball, but I decide I'll try switching out and using Garchomp's crunch instead. Alakazam takes out Garchomp as it managed to move first. Then I send out Swampert, Alakzam knew grass knot (go figure XD). So then I send out Jolteon again and 1-hit it with Shadow Ball. I proceed to also KO his Houndoom with Jolteon, but then he sends out a Drapion, I could have won if I didn't try to switch pokemon on his Alakazam.

Well. XD I accidentally called my rival ??? in Silver too. :P The first two times, I believe. In Twilight Princess, you are given a set of tiny objectives and sidequests to do to help out the people in your village in the beginning. One required getting a cat back to its owner. I and two friends spent half an hour trying to herd it like a goat. As in, chasing it around and trying to get it over the bridge. That was... embarassing. :P More to come when I think of them.
...You mean I wasn't the only one stupid enough to do this?

I FEEL SMART AGAIN 8D

When I first bought FFTA, I found it boring, tedious, and way too hard. I couldn't even beat the early quests, and I didn't like it at all.

...then I realized that you have to equip weapons to do any real damage. xD;

It's now one of my favorite games ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom