• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

opal's Mysterious Game of Mafia

opaltiger

actually very huggable
Staff member
Pronoun
he/him
Well then, let's begin.

As you've probably noticed from the role PMs, I'm fairly minimalistic as a GM. In many ways, this game is quite traditional. I would like you to obey one rule, though: there is to be absolutely no communication regarding the game outside of this thread, unless specified otherwise in your role PM. If you want to ask me a question, please do so in the thread; if you PM me I'll just post your PM and the answer in the thread (unless it's a question relating to your role, of course).

Anything else goes.

That said, you have 24 hours for night actions.

The sun rose over the beautiful town of Mafialand.

Birds chirped on window sills all over town, and the local populace was slowly waking up to meet the new day. Mafialand had a reputation as a quiet, sleepy town (which does make one wonder how it acquired its name, but that is a different story), but today, for some inexplicable reason, a foul mood had spread over the town. The people woke up with a sense of foreboding and one by one they trickled their way to the town square, as if through some unspoken agreement.

No one spoke once they'd all gathered. They were all accounted for, but none of them could shake the feeling that something was horribly, terribly wrong...

You have 48 hours for discussion, or until a majority is reached against any one player.

so, like, I know this is the first post, but I feel like I need to post anyway to get the ball rolling :/

Nobody died! This suggests that either a. the mafia refused to kill anyone (which I find unlikely), or b. a healer protected from the mafia. There could be other possibilities but idk what they are because of the whole secret roles thing.

But... if the healers were the reason for a lack of death, then I'm interested in hearing what they have to say about last night! It might help us narrow down who the mafia is.

Any ideas?

Well, seems we've either gotten lucky and a doctor guessed well, or have gotten very unlucky and activated an alien (I'd be willing to say there's probably more than one alien in this game, but I've got real evidence beyond the fact that he does so all the time in #mafia games).

@Leafpool
Then whoever the mafia are would know who to kill.
Not exactly the best idea, in my opinion.

True, but we might also get an idea of who the mafia are because they would, most likely, be the ones least motivated to reveal themselves.

Huh, no one was killed? Strange.

I'm pretty sure that either one of the doctors healed the victim, or there's an alien loose. (or the mafia was somehow stopped from fulfilling their duties.)

First days kinda suck, particularly when no one dies, so it's probably gonna be either a random nomination or abstaining. I'm thinking abstaining would be a good idea, so that innocents won't get killed, especially since we have no leads.

True, but we might also get an idea of who the mafia are because they would, most likely, be the ones least motivated to reveal themselves.

Surely we'd all be equally unmotivated to reveal ourselves, given that it would instantly tell the Mafia who to kill.

Yes, but you're practically begging for the mafia to kill them.

Eh... I guess so. I still think it would be helpful for a first day lead though.

In absence of other leads, I think I'm gonna vote for Barubu. He made the first post in this thread, that's usually suspicious...

Okay, Leafpool, say a doctor reveals themself (argh i wish there were a better gender neutral word for that). What does this tell us, exactly? He healed a person and another doctor didn't, which... really isn't much of a lead, to be honest. We can't even be sure that their target is innocent because they could have easily not been the one to make the save, or none of them could have, and we have an active alien on our hands here.

At any rate, I don't think having the doctor reveal is a good idea right now.

@TES:This is true. Nonetheless, we still have to find some way of finding out who's who. And, if we abstain, then it's basically an extra kill for the mafia. And, if we lynch an innocent, then it's two extra kills for the mafia.

Back
Top Bottom