• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarthWaffles vs Darksong

Dave Strider

the best coolkid
DarthWaffles said:
2 vs 2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 168 hours. And you can have an extra hour if you say please.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Rest, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon
Arena: Pictochat (Based off SSBB)

Pictochat is, and always will be, a strange and unreal dimension where things can appear and disappear at whim. Although the cause of such strange objects and phenomenon appearing in the dimension in unknown, scientists speculate it is the cause of a much larger powers, presumably for communication or for their own personal humour. Usually, however, the arena is completely flat, and is a simple square board in the middle of said dimension.

Arena Effects:
Around the beam is an endless expanse of nothingness, and any pokemon that is thrown off will simply take 3% typeless damage and be transported back on.

At the beginning of every second round, a random number between 1 and 100 will be generated. The arena will change accordingly.

1 – 10: The arena returns to it's normal state, if not in it's normal state already.

11 – 20: Two large fireballs appear, suspended in the air. Touching such fireballs will be the equivalent of a 70 base power STAB-ed Fire move coming from a fully evolved pokemon. If the user is weak to fire, they will also lose their move for that action, if not completed already (Flinch go!)

21 – 30: A Minecart appears on a wide U-shaped track supported by beams. The cart may move fairly slowly, but being made out of ChuckNorris-ium, the cart is incredibly powerful and touching it will cause 8% typeless damage, no questions asked. The toucher is also sent flying, and therefore, loses their move for that action, if they have not yet completed it (Known as flinching in the land of pogeymans).

31 – 40: A rain cloud appears, and all weather effects are changed to rain. Any previous weather effects do not return when the rain passes.

41 – 50: A huge wind picks up, cancelling all actions for that round and dealing the equal of a nonSTAB-ed 20 Base Power Flying move coming from a fully evolved pokemon to all current battlers.

51 - 60: A large brick wall appears in the middle of screen, forming a staircase like shape. Pokemon can climb upon the staircase and execute their attacks as normal. If fired from on the staircase, Ground type attacks do 1% more damage, and Electric type attacks cost 1% less energy. It is impossible to destroy the wall.

61 – 70: A giant Wailord using Water Spout appears in the middle of the arena, but is simply a drawing. Pokemon can climb upon the Wailord. If on the water spout, pokemon whom are weak to water take 4% damage for each action they are upon it. Pokemon with Water Absorb gain half of the health they would normally gain from a water-attack.

71 – 80: A drawing of a human head appears on the right side of the arena, and a human hand, presumably belonging to the same body as the head, appears on the left side. The head is extremely large, approximately 3 charizards high and can be stepped upon. The hand is slightly smaller, about two-thirds the side of the head.

81 – 90: A picture of a boat appears next in the middle of the arena, with a cloud-like base supporting it. There is a flag in the middle that serves no purpose, save decoration. Pokemon onboard the boat are immune the ground attacks (basically they gain levitate), unless the move is executed on the boat.

91 – 100: The arena returns to it's normal state, if not in it's normal state already.

Now Entering [A] : Profile

DarthWaffles's Party

[Hastings]Tyrogue (M) <Guts>
Item: Muscle Band

[Fulford]Growlithe (F) <Flash Fire>

[Stamford]Bronzor (?) <Levitate>

Darksong's Party

[Bang] Bronzor (Genderless)
Ability: Heatproof

[Cicada] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Swarm

[Kyu] East Shellos (Male)
Ability: Storm Drain

[Dysalia] Girafarig (Female)
Ability: Early Bird

Coin flip Says:
DarthWaffles sends out
Darksong sends out and attacks
DarthWaffles attacks.

Uggghhhhh..

Looks like I'm a little cornered...Alrighty..

Stamford, it's all yours.

Okay. Since Kyu only needs one more experience point to evolve (if I remember correctly) then I'll send him out.

Okay then Kyu, start out with Rain Dance. But if it's already raining, you'll want to go right to Whirlpool. If you end up using Rain Dance, skip Whirlpool. After you immobilize the Bronzor, go for a Stockpile to raise your stats, and finally, use Muddy Water and hope for the accuracy loss to affect the opponent.

Rain Dance/Whirlpool ~ Stockpile ~ Muddy Water

Okay. Since Kyu only needs one more experience point to evolve (if I remember correctly) then I'll send him out.

Okay then Kyu, start out with Rain Dance. But if it's already raining, you'll want to go right to Whirlpool. If you end up using Rain Dance, skip Whirlpool. After you immobilize the Bronzor, go for a Stockpile to raise your stats, and finally, use Muddy Water and hope for the accuracy loss to affect the opponent.

Hmmmm....

Well, Rain Dance OR Whirlpool is fine. We dont even need to move anyway.

Alrighty..Confuse Ray on the Rain Dance / Whirlpool, lets hope for some lucky breaks here. And while its busy stockpiling away, Flash, so we can try to avoid that Muddy Water. It's not awfully attractive.

Finish it up with a Toxic if you haven't had your accuracy lowered, Trick Room if you have.

Whirlpool doesn't affect accuracy, right?

Confuse Ray ~ Flash ~ Toxic/Trick Room

Originally Posted by DarthWaffles
2 vs 2 Single

Pictochat is, and always will be, a strange and unreal dimension where things can appear and disappear at whim. Although the cause of such strange objects and phenomenon appearing in the dimension in unknown, scientists speculate it is the cause of a much larger powers, presumably for communication or for their own personal humour. Usually, however, the arena is completely flat, and is a simple square board in the middle of said dimension.

Arena Effects:
Around the beam is an endless expanse of nothingness, and any pokemon that is thrown off will simply take 3% typeless damage and be transported back on.

At the beginning of every second round, a random number between 1 and 100 will be generated. The arena will change accordingly.

Pictochat, the final frontier. In this bizarre dimension, it is not uncommon for objects to materialize seemingly out of then air. Today in this mysterious place, two trainers and their referee have decided to boldly go where no man has gone before use the ever-changing landscape as grounds for a battle. At the moment, the area is nothing more than a flat board. On one side, DarthWaffles releases his Pokémon first, a Bronzor by the name of Stamford. Across from him, his opponent Darksong calls forth her Shellos, by the name of Kyu. The trainers issue their commands and the Pokémon await the referee’s signal to begin… but as it turns out, he is no longer with them.

After over three weeks of restless waiting (and wondering why they hadn’t needed to eat or anything else), a new referee materializes out of nowhere and, taking place of the long-forgotten ref, signals the Pokémon to finally begin their battle.

DarthWaffles (OO)
bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Confuse Ray ~ Flash ~ Toxic/Trick Room

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Energy: 100%

Round 1

As the Pokémon face their opponents, the arena begins to flicker, as if sensing the action that is about to begin. As the flickering continues, more thick black lines begin to form in the center of the platform, taking the shape of a small boat, complete with a tiny flag (much too small for sailing if the boat were actually in water). Everyone watches the boat as it hovers for a few seconds, but nothing seems to happen after the flickering fades, so the battlers return their attention to the task at hand.

Kyu is the first to act, beginning to wiggle his neck and body rather oddly as he looks up toward the nonexistent sky. His peculiar dance seems to work, however, even in this strange place; above the battlers, a dark cloud begins to form, and let loose tiny droplets of water. However, back on DarthWaffles’ side of the field, Stamford is unimpressed by Kyu’s little dance. The six round balls around the Bronzor’s body take on a yellow glow. From each of them, a bright yellow light is fired across the field. Kyu is caught unaware, closing his eyes as the light blinds him. When the bright light fades, Kyu opens his eyes to see several glowing orbs floating in front of him.

Though curious, Kyu proceeds to follow his orders. He settles down, shutting his eyes again but this time in deep concentration, gathering energy inside of him and then allowing it to spread throughout his body. Meanwhile, Stamford gathers the light within it again, the orbs now taking on a white glow. As the Shellos opens his eyes again, finishing his own attack, Stamford releases the gathered light in one extremely bright flash. For a third time, Kyu shuts his eyes but he can still see the yellow orbs, now occasionally flashing white, as if to taunt him.

Now rather annoyed, knowing that these lights must be coming from that metal disc across the field, Kyu again opens his eyes in preparation for his next attack. Ignoring the constant flashing of the yellow and white orbs around him, the Shellos looks around for a large water source to use as a weapon. However, he finds none, barring a few tiny puddles that have begun to form in the relentless rain. Across the arena, Stamford looks on in amusement as a bright light once again begins to shine from its body, this time pink in color and covering its whole surface. The Bronzor releases the pink light, which creates a faint pink dome around the entire platform. The air seems to thicken slightly as time inside the dome distorts.

As the last of the pink light leaves Bronzor’s surface, the ref calls for a pause in the battle so the trainers may adjust to these new conditions.

Round 1 Results:

DarthWaffles (OO)
bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 88%
Confuse Ray ~ Flash ~ Trick Room

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Energy: 83%
Rain Dance ~ Stockpile ~ Muddy Water (Failed)
Status: Dizzily watching the floating orbs (Confused, severe). Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.​

Round 1 Notes:
-No default picture was set for the beginning of the battle, so I had the RNG pick one right off the bat. Every second round (the beginning of the odd numbers), the arena will change again. I thought it would be more fun to not know that the arena would look like before issuing orders but if you both would prefer, I'll instead let the change occur at the end of every even numbered round (since it still will be changing every second round) so that you know what the new field looks like before you make orders.
-No amount of energy was specified for Stockpile on action 2 so I used the A&A guide’s minimum of 10%
-Also according to the A&A guide, Muddy Water requires a body of water to use and since there currently is none, the attack failed.
-Rain Dance is in effect (three more actions)
-Trick Room is in effect (six more actions/two more rounds)
-DarthWaffles normally would attack first next round, however Trick Room reverses the order of commands as well, so Darksong, you’re up.

Last edited:
Uhm...Im pretty sure I attacked second last round, so I'm supposed to be attacking first this round. BUT, Trick Room means I commands second again, no?

Uhm...Im pretty sure I attacked second last round, so I'm supposed to be attacking first this round. BUT, Trick Room means I commands second again, no?

Excuse me while I go mentally slam my head into a wall. >.>;

The sad thing is, I specifically tried to remember that. I'm going to blame it on the fact that both your usernames start with D and I got confused... Yes, let's go with that...

Anyway, it shall be fixed.

Okay then, body of water. Uh... Rain Dance is in effect, though, uh... sorry. Kind of useless, then. ^^' Then, Kyu, we'll just compromise. Um.... your defense is heightened, so that might help! Use Curse this time, and afterward, if Bronzor tries to use a Special Attack, use Mirror Coat, but if it doesn't, then just use Ancientpower. Then go with Yawn.

Curse ~ Mirror Coat/Ancientpower ~ Yawn

((Question : do Water Pulse or Brine require a body of water as well?))

Okay then, body of water. Uh... Rain Dance is in effect, though, uh... sorry. Kind of useless, then. ^^' Then, Kyu, we'll just compromise. Um.... your defense is heightened, so that might help! Use Curse this time, and afterward, if Bronzor tries to use a Special Attack, use Mirror Coat, but if it doesn't, then just use Ancientpower. Then go with Yawn.

((Question : do Water Pulse or Brine require a body of water as well?))

Alrighty Stamford, we don't like it doing anything right? Wouldn't it be nice to attack a sleeping target? It would. Exactly.

So, let's begin with a Hypnosis. If it misses, then simply use it again until it hits. When it is asleep, first use a Toxic, then proceed with Dream Eater-ing its energy.

Hyponsis ~ Toxic/Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater(Energy)/Toxic/Hypnosis

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

DarthWaffles (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 88%
Hypnosis ~ Toxic/Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater (Energy)/Toxic/Hypnosis

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
Storm Drain Ability
Energy: 83%
Status: Dizzily watching the floating orbs (Confused, severe). Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.

Round 2

Stamford is the first to react as the second round begins, thanks to the effects of the time distortions within his transparent pink dome. The blue Pokémon’s eyes glow a sinister red as he fixes them on his opponent through the downpour, but Kyu doesn’t seem to be watching, looking instead back and forth at something invisible. Well, invisible to the Bronzor. What has Kyu’s attention is none other than those glowing, flashing balls of yellow and white light that he had so successfully ignored earlier. Finally letting curiosity take over, he lunges forwards to nudge one of the orbs. The orb dances just out of reach however, and Kyu smacks his head on the floor.

Deciding that was a bad idea, Kyu looks back towards the Bronzor, who has been suspiciously quiet. His gaze is met with two bright red eyes. Kyu realizes too late that he had indeed been looking at Bronzor as he feels himself slipping into unconsciousness. Unable to struggle against this odd urge to rest, he yawns and settles into a comfortable position before allowing sleep to overcome him.

Satisfied with the success of Hypnosis, Stamford begins preparing his next attack against his sleeping opponent. It is a mystery how it does so, being a steel-type and thus having no glands or organs or whatever. Anyway, the Bronzor’s top round ball begins to glow white again, and a giant glob of disgusting purple goop is launched from it. Stamford’s aim is true, and the pile of sludge lands on top of the sleeping Kyu. The poor Shellos shivers as the toxic goop is absorbed into his body, though he remains sound asleep.

Up above, the rain begins to slow, as the referee signals for another pause in the battle.

Round 2 Results

DarthWaffles (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 78%
Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis ~ Toxic

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 97%
Energy: 81%
Curse (Failed) ~ Sleep ~ Sleep
Status: Seeing the floating orbs in his sleep. Confused; moderate. Asleep; severe. Poisoned; severe (1% this round, 2% next round). Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.​

Round 2 Notes:
-Darksong, when in doubt, check the Attacks and Abilities guide. I look up every attack there while I write up these reffings so I know how to describe it and make sure I’m not missing any secondary effects. Anyway, just to save you time, no, Brine and Water Pulse don’t require a water source.
-The RNG has an issue with Kyu apparently. The first Hypnosis missed, but Kyu hurt himself in confusion on action 1.
-Kyu was asleep on actions 2 and 3.
-Rain Dance ended after action 3. Trick Room is still in effect, though (3 more actions/1 more round). Also, the arena will randomly change at the beginning of the next round. This is your last chance to tell me to move it to the end of this round before I set it permanently at the beginnings.
-Now it’s DarthWaffles’ turn to attack.

Set it at the beginnings, it way more fun =D.

Alrighty Stamford, let's keep up this awesome streak. Simple round this time. Simply Dream Eater his energy until he wakes up, and use Charge Beam when he is awake. Also, if at any point you reach full energy, switch over to Charge Beam.

Dream Eater (Energy)/Charge Beam x3

Last edited:
Kyu, we might be in trouble, but if our luck turns, we can save ourselves. Snore has a flinch bonus, so... just use Snore 3 times.

Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

DarthWaffles (OO)
bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 78%
Dream Eater (Energy)/Charge Beam ~ Dream Eater (Energy)/Charge Beam ~ Dream Eater (Energy)/Charge Beam

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 97%
Energy: 81%
Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore
Status: Seeing the floating orbs in his sleep. Confused; moderate. Asleep; severe. Poisoned; severe (1% this round, 2% next round). Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.

Round 3

As the rain finally comes to a stop, the boat that had been floating not far above the battlers begins to flicker and fade. Everyone looks up at it (well, everyone besides Kyu, still asleep), and then around the Pictochat world, each one wondering if they will be the next object to vanish, as the previous ref had. Nothing seems to happen for several minutes after the tiny boat disappears as quickly and mysteriously as it came, and for the moment, everyone feels safe enough to proceed.

Feeling very pleased with the tide of the battle so far, Stamford decides its time to really go on the offensive. His eyes take on a pink glow as he taps into his psychic power. On the other side of the field, the sleeping Kyu is enveloped by the same pink hue. Stamford reaches into deep into Kyu’s mind and finds just what he was looking for - the Shellos’s dreams. Or rather, Stamford thinks nightmare might be a better term as he watches from high above. The dream seems to be nothing but a black void, with Kyu sitting far below. He looks restless, whimpering slightly with his head bowed as if trying to hide from the huge yellow orbs that are bouncing in circles around him. Stamford chuckles, as once again his eyes glow pink, and he begins to absorb pieces of the picture in front of him into his tiny metal body.

The Shellos down below suddenly twitches violently in response to the attack as he continues to cower. Then a booming, distorted voice echoes through the expanse, uttering a single word: “Snore”. Stamford takes this as a cue to leave, and after draining one more bit of energy, he slips out of Kyu’s mind. Kyu, who had lifted his head at the sound of the vaguely familiar voice, understood immediately. Back on the flat board in Pictochat-land, Stamford has stopped glowing and simply watches the Shellos. Indeed, he begins to move. His mouth opens slightly and he begins to snore loudly… but something is wrong, and Kyu begins to choke and cough. It doesn’t take long though before his breathing is back to a steady pace, and he returns to his not-so-peaceful dream.

Stamford chuckles again, wondering just what that little performance was supposed to be. Still amused, he takes on a pink glow yet again, and dives into the Shellos’s mind for a second helping of energy. The dream doesn’t appear to have changed, so Stamford wastes no time in looking it over as he saps up portions of the black void. And just like before, that loud, distorted voice shouts out from nowhere: “snore”. Stamford calmly finishes replenishing his energy and slips away. Meanwhile, back on the actual field, Kyu begins to snore again. He doesn’t choke this time, and Stamford, who has just come back to his senses, is deafened by the loud, irritating noise.

As revenge to the Shellos for having even dreamt about causing damage, Stamford dives into his dreams for a third time, and again begins to absorb the energy from the world around it. Kyu, however, has finally caught on to the cause of his recent pain. His eyes snap open as he uses the pain from his attacker to force himself awake. Kyu glares angrily at the Bronzor, swearing to make him pay for all he had just done. His anger is furthered as a sickening feeling swells in his stomach – the effects of the growing poison.

He’ll have to wait for just a moment his revenge, however, as the referee declares this round over, taking with it the end of Stamford’s pink time-distorting bubble.

Round 3 Results

DarthWaffles (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 98%
Energy: 79%
Dream Eater (Energy) ~ Dream Eater (Energy) ~ Dream Eater (Energy)

Darksong (OO)
Shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 93%
Energy: 37%
Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore (Failed)
Status: Unusually tired, considering he just slept for 4 actions. Poisoned, severe (2% this round, 4% next round). Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.​

Round 3 Notes
-The RNG decided to simply reset the arena to normal. Boo…
-The first Dream Eater was a critical hit. However, it lessened both the confusion and sleep statuses, which was enough to snap Kyu out of confusion.
-Also, according to the boss, the damage cap doesn’t include energy so those final percentages are accurate. Those Dream Eaters were painful.
-And Kyu hurt himself in confusion on the first action… ouch. (Reffing a sleeping Pokémon hurting itself is hard)
-The third Dream Eater woke Kyu up, which caused Snore to fail that action since he was no longer asleep.
-Trick Room ended after action 3, which I think you might have forgotten was still in effect this round, Darksong.
-Finally, it would be Darksong’s turn to attack, but due to the end of Trick Room, DarthWaffles gets to order first again.

Hmmm, alright. Lets do that again =D

Use Hypnosis until it hits, then proceed to contine eating his dreams =D.

Oh and if you fall asleep for whatever reason, switch to sleep talk.

Hypnosis/Sleep Talk ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(energy)/Sleep Talk ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(energy)/Sleep Talk

Last edited:
I hate how much we're losing! D: I'm horrible at ASB. Sorry, Kyu. Use Double Team for 5 clones, and then Chill twice.

Double Team (5 clones) ~ Chill ~ Chill

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 79%
Hypnosis/Sleep Talk ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater (energy)/Sleep Talk ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater (energy)/Sleep Talk

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 93%
Energy: 37%
Double Team (5 clones) ~ Chill ~ Chill
Status: Unusually tired, considering he just slept for 4 actions. Poisoned, severe (2% this round, 4% next round). Stockpile: 1. Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.

Round 4

Now that time has been restored, Kyu happily takes his chance to protect himself. He begins to crawl in circles at a blinding speed (well… for a slug). Stamford watches in amusement, until the Shellos stops attempting to make himself dizzy, that is. Much to the Bronzor’s surprise, four blue slugs now sit opposite him, all looking rather tired but smiling creepily. Stamford decides he’d better put them to sleep before they try anything funny. His eyes glow pink again as Kyu watches nervously. Unfortunately, Stamford is unsure of which Shellos is the real one. He aims his hypnotic gaze towards the middle-right one – at least there’s a chance the ones on the side will see it too. Stamford concentrates hard for a few seconds, but the psychic signal doesn’t seem to be affecting anything; Kyu is still awake. Unable to keep the attack going, Stamford breaks his focus and the pink glow fades. Well, at least he knows one of the fakes, right?

Feeling relatively safe for the moment, Kyu and his three clones settle down and rest their heads on the ground. Immediately, Kyu can feel the exhaustion that has been plaguing him begin to lessen. Across the board, Stamford is furious – how dare that little slug lie there so peacefully, when he didn’t cause it! This is a battle! Well, if the little slug wants to sleep, so be it. The Bronzor again sends out a hypnotizing psychic signal in the direction of the resting Shellos. Kyu and his clones have their eyes closed as they rest, however. Samford can’t get a mental signal either, meaning it had targeted another clone anyway, and lets the pink glow fade again.

Kyu opens an eye to check on the situation while resting. He sees Stamford, seemingly just floating there. Kyu thinks he sees a faint trace of pink in the Bronzor’s eye… but it doesn’t seem to be there now. Kyu mentally shrugs and resumes his rest, feeling much more energized already. Meanwhile, Stamford gathers himself for one more attempt. Targeting the far left Shellos, that familiar pink glow takes over the Bronzor’s eyes as it sends yet another mental signal across the arena. But again, the mental signal doesn’t seem to find any signs of brain activity. Stamford grumbles as he allows the psychic energy to fade once again, glaring at the four Shellos who have perked up, looking more rejuvenated but also a little sick. The referee’s notification of the end the round can be heard throughout the ever-changing area.

Round 4 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 70%
Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis
Status: Worried about his four opponents. Chills remaining: 5/5.

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 89%
Energy: 54%
Double Team (3 clones) ~ Chill ~ Chill
Status: Healthy (sort of), but tired. Has 3 clones. Poisoned, severe (4% this round, 8% next round). Stockpile: 1. Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1. Chills remaining: 3/5​

Round 4 Notes
-Togetic, curse you for changing your name in halfway through, just when I was getting used to the two D names. You totally confused me for this whole round. :<
-Darksong, everyone makes mistakes, don’t be so hard on yourself.
-Double Team is limited by speed, according to the A&A Guide. Five clones is the max for a Pokémon with average speed. And since Shellos is… well, really slow, I dropped it to three. Still, it was enough to spare Kyu from suffering any Hypnosis (a.k.a. they all missed. Ouch.).
-Finally, Darksong attacks first. Keep in mind that the arena will (possibly) be changing at the beginning of next round.

Last edited:
Okay. Kyu, you should be careful. First, position yourself near Bronzor and use Yawn so it doesn't get to you while I use this. Then go to the middle of the area and use Rest. Finally, Chill.

If the Bronzor uses Protect or Safeguard on the first turn, then switch strategies. Stockpile again, Yawn and then Swallow.

Yawn/Stockpile ~ Rest/Yawn ~ Chill/Swallow

Hmmm, that wasn't the best of rounds. Alright, heres the plan.

First, use Safeguard to make her to use Stockpile. Then, Yawn will be useless, so we can have a free turn to use Heal Block. While it fails to Swallow, proceed to use Earthquake to demolish all the clones. Unless there aren't any clones for whatever reason. Then use Hypnosis.

Safeguard ~ Heal Block ~ Earthquake/Hypnosis

(In the A&AG, Heal Block hits all opponents, so that should be able to get through Double Team. But would it destroy the clones?)

Last edited:
2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 70%
Safeguard ~ Heal Block ~ Earthquake/Hypnosis

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 89%
Energy: 54%
Yawn/Stockpile ~ Rest/Yawn ~ Chill/Swallow
Status: Healthy (sort of), but tired. Has 3 clones. Poisoned, severe (4% this round, 8% next round). Stockpile: 1. Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1.

Round 5

As the orders are given and the Pokémon prepare to carry them out, the ground begins to tremble. Strange, black lines begin to form again in the center of the arena, but instead of the boat that was drawn earlier, this time the lines seem to form a sort of brick steps. Just as the boat did earlier, the steps appear to be completely solid somehow. The battlers stare at it for a moment upon its completion, but nothing else happens. Content that no one vanished this time, everyone’s attention returns to the fight.

Kyu and his clones have to adjust their position in order to see Stamford, now that there is a giant staircase in the middle of the field, but anyway, they crawl around it and peek over to see what he does. The Bronzor’s eyes glow a pale green, and around him, a pale green bubble forms. Kyu decides he’s better off not trying to get near, and instead focuses on boosting his own defenses. He closes his eyes and gathers energy inside him into one area, then allows it to spread nearly throughout his body.

When he feels energized, Kyu returns his attention to Stamford and thinks over his orders. He was to follow the second set in this case. After just calmly gathering energy, the little Shellos finds it easy to let out a large yawn in Stamford’s general direction. Stamford hears nothing, however; the pale green bubble around him blocks out the sound of the yawn. Stamford retaliates by sending an invisible wave of psychic energy towards Kyu and his clones. The Shellos doesn’t seem to feel it; he simply stares at Stamford, unable to tell if his yawn was successful since Bronzor have no mouths. Suddenly, Stamford’s eyes quickly flash a bright blue, and Kyu feels his body freeze for a second. He looks around; his clones (who also look around, imitating their creator) seem to all be in tact.

Kyu puts the freeze out of his mind, knowing that the Bronzor had something to do with whatever it was. He gathers all of his previously stored energy from his body into his mouth. When he’s sure he gathered all the scattered energy, he swallows it and awaits the relief. None come, though, as a blue aura surrounds him. He wonders what it is, because he knows he didn’t cause it. Then he realizes that this must somehow be Stamford’s doing as well. He looks up and glares angrily at the Bronzor. Stamford, meanwhile, takes no notice. The Bronzor levitates a little higher for a moment, and then forcibly shoots down, ramming into the ground and sending shock waves rippling through the arena. The solid staircase seems to slump a little under the power of the attack as it passes under it. Kyu cries out in pain as the ground waves lift him up and he crashes into the ground, only to repeat the process. His clones are easily given away, and fade into nothingness. As the earthquake subsides, the referee signals the end of the round. Kyu puts himself upright again, feeling very ill from his bumpy ride, reminding him of the sickening poison still burning in his body.

Round 5 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 55%
Safeguard ~ Heal Block ~ Earthquake
Status: Glad to see only one Shellos. Protected by Safeguard (2 more actions).

Darksong (OO)
shallos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 72%
Energy: 43%
Stockpile ~ Yawn ~ Swallow
Status: Healthy (sort of), but tired. Clones destroyed. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1.​

Round 5 Notes
-RNG rolled a 55, so the arena changed accordingly. I wasn’t exactly sure how something could be a brick wall and stairs at the same time, so… it’s a staircase.
-Safeguard surrounds Togetic’s team (2 more actions). It apparently takes a little energy to upkeep, so Stamford’s using a tiny bit of energy every action for that.
-Heal Block was successful, but it didn’t destroy the clones since there was nothing physically there to give them away.
-Yawn and Swallow failed due to Safeguard and Heal Block respectively.
-Togetic orders next round.

Bleh. Okay Stamford, lets get right down to business. Hover onto the staircase and spam some Charge Beams. However, if he makes makes clones or attempts to avoid it, switch to Earthquake. If the opponent uses Yawn on you on the last action, switch to Protect.

Charge Beam/Earthquake ~ Charge Beam/Earthquake ~ Charge Beam/Earthquake/Protect

Back
Top Bottom