• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarthWaffles vs Darksong

Kyu, you'll want to get closer to the target. So move up a stair first and then use Rain Dance. Then Endure just in case, and Pain Split after that. If moving up a stair takes a whole action, skip the Endure and use Rain Dance on the second turn, and then Pain Split.

Move up a stair and Rain Dance ~ Endure/Rain Dance ~ Pain Split

Originally Posted by DarthWaffles
2 vs 2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 168 hours. And you can have an extra hour if you say please.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Rest, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon
Arena: Pictochat (Based off SSBB)

Pictochat is, and always will be, a strange and unreal dimension where things can appear and disappear at whim. Although the cause of such strange objects and phenomenon appearing in the dimension in unknown, scientists speculate it is the cause of a much larger powers, presumably for communication or for their own personal humour. Usually, however, the arena is completely flat, and is a simple square board in the middle of said dimension.

Arena Effects:
Around the beam is an endless expanse of nothingness, and any pokemon that is thrown off will simply take 3% typeless damage and be transported back on.

At the beginning of every second round, a random number between 1 and 100 will be generated. The arena will change accordingly.

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 98%
Energy: 55%
Charge Beam/Earthquake ~ Charge Beam/Earthquake ~ Charge Beam/Earthquake/Protect
Status: Glad to see only one Shellos. Protected by Safeguard (2 more actions).

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 72%
Energy: 43%
Move up a stair and Rain Dance ~ Endure/Rain Dance ~ Pain Split
Status: Healthy (sort of), but tired. Clones destroyed. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1.

Round 6

Stamford begins to float lazily towards the staircase as soon as the ref gives the signal to begin. Kyu, likewise, moves towards the staircase as well. The stairs in question are fairly large. Stamford hovers onto the first step, then from there onto the second, and once again onto the third, now halfway up the rather large staircase. Kyu, meanwhile, crawls up the side of the staircase to the first step and remains there as ordered, looking up two levels at the Bronzor he can barely see.

From his perch, Kyu begins to do a strange dance. As before, the strange motions performed by the Shellos (that hardly resemble a dance more then simply swinging his neck and head back and forth) are rewarded; a thick, gray cloud begins to form directly above the staircase. As it grows, the rain begins to pour down on the field, quickly soaking both Pokémon and the humans once again. Up on the third step, Stamford is not amused. He looks down the stairs at the dancing Shellos while charging electricity in the ball on his head. The ball glows a threatening yellow as the energy builds. With one more angry glare, Stamford launches the beam down the stairs. Kyu shrieks as the electricity surges through him. Stamford’s collected electricity fizzles out shortly after, leaving Kyu a bit dazed.

As he clears his mind, however, Kyu gets a nasty idea. The Bronzor hasn’t really been hurt all too much, so why not share the experience? Kyu looks up angrily at the steel Pokémon, looking into his mind and forming a bond between them. Stamford shudders as he feels the pain that the Shellos is sending him. Kyu, however, wonders why he isn’t feeling any of the pleasure that his opponent was feeling a moment ago. After a few seconds, the bond breaks, leaving Stamford a bit uncomfortable, and Kyu no better off than before the attack. Angrily, Stamford begins charging another mass of electricity in the top ball. Again, the ball turns a bright yellow in response to the energy buildup, and when it is ready, Stamford looks over the edge and fires the deadly electrical beam down as the water Pokémon. His aim is slightly off, however, perhaps due to his annoyance at Kyu’s last act or perhaps due to the annoying rain. Regardless, the beam narrowly misses the Shellos, who ducked her head down unnecessarily. The Bronzor makes an odd hissing sound, his annoyance growing, while Kyu groans at the ill feeling that resurfaces in his stomach as the soaking ref signals an end to the round.

Round 6 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 82%
Energy: 37%
Hover onto stairs ~ Charge Beam ~ Charge Beam

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 58%
Energy: 20%
Move up a stair ~ Rain Dance ~ Pain Split
Status: Tired. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d.​

Round 6 Notes
-It does indeed take an action to move onto the stairs, I’m afraid. I personally find it a little silly since the action is simply moving as opposed to something like running to hide behind the stairs, and then attacking, but I’m afraid those are the rules. As such, Stamford didn’t do anything but hover onto one on the first action, just as Kyu crawled onto it without attacking.
-Stamford’s second charge beam missed.
-Sorry for the delay, I had to get clarification on how to work pain split in this situation. It would have evened out both Pokémon with 82% health, but since Kyu can’t recover, the move only reduced Stamford’s health. And also, Kyu suffered poison damage afterwards, so believe me, I know the health percentage looks odd, but I double-checked and it should be accurate.
-Rain dance is in effect (4 more actions).
-You’re up, Darksong.

Last edited:
As much as I like free status immunity, my Safeguard should be down.

Last edited:
Uh oh... this is bad. Since it didn't say that Heal Block was on Kyu's status before, I assumed it was something that lasted one turn, but I guess not. Oh, well, I'll probably lose anyway. But we're not going down without a fight, are we? *evil laugh*

Since we'll probably want to raise our defenses further, use Mud Sport and then Stockpile. Then finally, go with Trump Card. (I should have thought of Mud Sport earlier Dx)

Mud Sport ~ Stockpile ~ Trump Card

Alright, let try wrap this up nice and easy. Use Hypnosis until it hits, then just Om Nom Nom on that Energy.

Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy) ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy) ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy)

2 vs 2 Single

Pictochat is, and always will be, a strange and unreal dimension where things can appear and disappear at whim. Although the cause of such strange objects and phenomenon appearing in the dimension in unknown, scientists speculate it is the cause of a much larger powers, presumably for communication or for their own personal humour. Usually, however, the arena is completely flat, and is a simple square board in the middle of said dimension.

Arena Effects:
Around the beam is an endless expanse of nothingness, and any pokemon that is thrown off will simply take 3% typeless damage and be transported back on.

At the beginning of every second round, a random number between 1 and 100 will be generated. The arena will change accordingly.

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 82%
Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy) ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy) ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater(Energy)
Status: Glad to see only one Shellos. Chills remaining: 5/5

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 58%
Status: Tired. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5

Round 7

As the round begins, the staircase that the Pokémon currently rest on begins to flicker. Kyu and Stamford scramble to the edges and escape to safety before the bricks vanish from underneath them and drop them on the ground. Before they can react any further, a strong wind picks up, whipping both battlers and spraying the falling rain harshly around them. Both Pokémon seem to have completely forgotten their commands for this round, and even if they hadn’t, pulling them off would be near impossible under the windy conditions, and both Pokémon struggle to simply keep from being blown away. Kyu grips the ground with his tiny slug-like body, bracing himself against the wind. Stamford has a little more trouble due to not having any limbs or anything to grip the surface with, instead using his psychic abilities to hold himself steady. Kyu begins to feel that nauseating pain in his gut as he holds tight, but he bravely holds on. Eventually, the wind dies down, and the Pokémon relax before seeing each other and resuming their fighting positions.

Round 7 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 81%
Status: Rather tired but otherwise feeling great. Chills remaining: 5/5

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 48%
Status: Still tired, and hates wind now. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5​

Round 7 Notes
-I am really sorry guys, I’m really off my game all of a sudden. I can’t think of any reason why, either, other than lack of paying attention on my part. If you’d like, I’ll go back and re-do the last few rounds to fix that issue with Heal Block; that was totally my fault and I know it. In the meantime, I figure I should at least keep the battle going in case you decide not to punish me.
-Anyway, the RNG rolled a 46, and the arena changed accordingly. I suppose I should mention that other than the wind effect, the arena is otherwise plain. Also, does the wind cancel the actions for both rounds that the arena is on this setting, or just the one where it changes? I assume it is the latter, since it would be silly to cancel the actions for a second round, but better to be safe than sorry.
-Stamford took a bit less damage from the wind due to his typing, but considering it was the equivalent of a move with a base power of 20, the difference, obviously, was minor.
-Speaking of errors, I’ve remembered to record the chills remaining that I’d put down on round 4 and then forgot about. >.>
-Rain Dance is in effect (3 more actions).
-If we just keep going, Togetic would attack next.

Huh. So the 'Free Money for the Ref' arena mode did come into effect. Yeah, its only for a around, then it returns to normal.

Alrighty Stamford, free toxic damage is nice. Chill for all three actions, I would like to keep you going. If the Shellos tries to status you, Safeguard before it hits. Unless you already have one of course.

I don't know what Darksong will say to that Heal Block thingy though.

Chill/Safeguard x3

Eh. Stuck. So just Water Pulse three times, I guess. It's a pretty good chance for confusion as a side effect. Since we only have Rain Dance for a couple more actions, save Chill for next time.

Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 81%
Chill/Safeguard x3
Status: Rather tired but otherwise feeling great. Chills remaining: 5/5

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Status: Still tired, and hates wind now. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5

Round 8

Moving right along, Kyu wastes no time in preparing his attack as the signal to begin is given. He gathers rainwater in his mouth, aims as Stamford, and lets out a nice scream with the gathered water. The blast, assisted by the rain, throws Stamford back quite a bit. The Bronzor glares at Kyu. He doesn’t think resting now is a good idea, what with the opponent actually directly attacking all of a sudden. Regardless, Stamford trusts his trainer, and closes his eyes to rest a bit, allowing himself to hover closer to the ground. He nearly forgets about the rainwater as he relaxes almost comfortably. Indeed his trainer was right; Stamford was more exhausted than he realized.

Back on the middle of the battlegrounds, Kyu is astounded. Even after his last attack, Stamford is so confident in his ability that he’s actually resting in the face of danger! Determined not to let the Bronzor’s confidence go unpunished, he again gathers water in his mouth. Though Stamford is farther away, Kyu’s echoing screech connects anyway, pushing Stamford a little farther. The Bronzor, meanwhile, takes the attack without so much as blinking. He continues to hover slightly as he relaxes his steely body.

Now plain mad, Kyu once again gathers water. This time, he’ll make sure the Bronzor notices him. He lets out his loudest howl yet, launching the water across the field. The attack, however, flies right over the resting Stamford. Kyu mentally slaps himself for his reckless aiming. Stamford takes no notice of the failed attack, too deeply invested in his resting. He thought perhaps he sensed something flying by, but he simply pushes the thought away, disregarding it as simply the rain. Speaking of, the clouds above begin to dissipate as the rain slowly lets up. As the ref signals for a pause, Kyu looks up, panting, disgusted by a combination of his failed attack, the fading of his rain, and the poison that once again makes itself known in the form of a stabbing, sickening pain somewhere in his gut.

Round 8 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 63%
Energy: 67%
Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill
Status: Feeling rejuvenated, though a bit more injured. Chills remaining: 2/5

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Health: 40%
Energy: 8%
Status: Extremely tired, and slightly annoyed, but glad to have caused some damage. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5​

Round 8 Notes
-Kyu’s third Water Pulse missed.
-I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten everything right this time. And… that’s about it.
-The sprites aren't loading for me, I don't know why. Just for the record.
-Darksong attacks first.

Oh great. I might as well just forfeit. But not yet; I still have an idea. Sorry to drag you into this. >< As I said earlier, I'm horrible at this. Stockpile again, then Swallow for energy, and finally Rest. You won't regain HP, but the poison will go away.

Stockpile ~ Swallow (energy) ~ Rest

Stockpile - Normal 100%
Target: Self
Class: Special/Stat Modifier (defense, special defense)
Contest Type: Concentration
Contest Score: +20

The user stores some amount of energy between 10% and 25% for later use, using it to temporarily bolster defenses slightly and preparing it for rapid use in either swallow or spit up. The stat boosts gained through use of this attack are lost immediately upon the use of either spit up or swallow, but may not otherwise be removed.

According to this Kyu will just die from energy loss.

Okay, if I'm incorrect please tell me, but I'll command as if I'm correct.

Just use Calm Mind then Chill, then Calm Mind again. If I'm right then I won't even do anything this round.

Calm Mind ~ Chill ~ Calm Mind

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Calm Mind ~ Chill ~ Calm Mind
Status: Feeling rejuvenated, though a bit more injured. Chills remaining: 2/5

Darksong (OO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Energy: 8%
Stockpile ~ Swallow (energy) ~ Rest
Status: Extremely tired, and slightly annoyed, but glad to have caused some damage. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5

Round 9

As the flags are raised and the ‘go’ is ordered, the arena begins to tremble. It seems that a new image is beginning to form, though this time, not in the center of the arena, but on each side of the square platform. Near Kyu’s side (though Kyu is still around the middle of the square, where he abandoned the stairs earlier), the flickering black lines begin to take the shape of a large human head, with a small nose, shining would-be-green eyes, and a beautiful smile. The image is oddly detailed for such a basic picture, the image itself being female, with long hair hanging down and disappearing into the platform’s surface, as does the neck of the head. Over on Stamford’s side, the image taking shape is that of a hand, though whatever higher power drew it (obviously a different artist that created the beautiful feminine head on the other side) clearly lacks any artistic talent, as the hand, it’s palm open wide, looks more like a deformed claw than anything.

Stamford appears amused, but Kyu’s mind is too worn out to give the images more than a fleeting glance. As earlier, the Shellos gathers his remaining energy into a collective mass, and allows it to spread throughout his body, strengthening his natural defenses. Unfortunately, Kyu literally uses every last bit of energy he has for his motion, and shortly after his vision blurs, he rests his head on the ground, too worn out to stay conscious. And with that, the flag is waved and the round is over; Stamford, too busy admiring the horrible handiwork (no pun intended), looks over to see the Shellos transforming into red light and vanishing into the safety of his pokéball.

Round 9 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Absolutely nothing.

Darksong (XO)
shellos-east
[Kyu] Shellos (Male)
Storm Drain Ability
Energy: 0%
Stockpile
Status: KO’d. Poisoned, severe (8% this round, no higher). Stockpile:1. Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Accuracy –1. Heal Block’d. Chills remaining: 3/5​

Round 9 Notes
-RNG rolled a 79 for the arena change. Anyone who says that the Pictochat gods found that girl in my mind is obviously lying. *shifty eyes*
-Indeed, Kyu was too tired after pulling off Stockpile and collapsed on action 1 before Stamford could even move.
-If I’m not mistaken, Darksong, you have one Pokémon left still, so don’t be too discouraged. Anyways, the order goes: Darksong sends someone out, and then Togetic attacks as it would be his turn this round, and finally, Darksong orders second.

Huh, a Girafarig. Alright, lets get some set-up before we go down. Put down some Stealth Rocks for a start, they might be useful. Then go for a Hypnosis, and if it hits, use the time to lag this game out and Chill. Yes I know she has Early Bird, but that extra energy will be helpful.

If the Hypnosis misses, simply go for it again. But, if opponent uses Safeguard or Substitutes, use Payback on both actions, always waiting for the Girafarig to move first.

If she goes for any status move, simply use Safeguard on that action, but only once this round. I hope that four move conditional at the end won't matter. It's not THAT complex.

Stealth Rocks/Safeguard ~ Hypnosis/Safeguard/Payback ~ Chill/Hypnosis/Safeguard/Payback

We don't want those Stealth Rocks in the way, do we? So fake it out with Thunder Wave first. Then use Gravity, and Earthquake last. If you should fall asleep, go for Sleep Talk.

Thunder Wave ~ Gravity ~ Earthquake/Sleep Talk

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Stamford watches warily as the Shellos disappears, still unsure of what exactly happened. In any case, a new pokéball is tossed to the field, popping open to reveal Darksong’s Girafarig, Dysalia. She looks around, also cautiously, examining the outlined face behind her for a moment before turning to stare at her opponent. The trainers both issue their orders, and the ref gives the ‘OK’ to begin.

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Stealth Rocks/Safeguard ~ Hypnosis/Safeguard/Payback ~ Chill/Hypnosis/Safeguard/Payback.

Darksong (XO)
Girafarig
[Dysalia] Girafarig (F)
Early Bird Ability
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Thunder Wave ~ Gravity ~ Earthquake/Sleep Talk

Round 10

Dysalia immediately begins to charge electricity in her horns. The process doesn’t take long, as she only needs a small amount, and she launches a tiny bolt across the field at Stamford. The electricity strikes him, causing him to sink in the air slightly but quickly recovers himself, noting that it somehow seems a little harder to remain airborne. He has other things to concern himself with at the moment, though, as his eyes glow green. He vaguely wonders why he needs the protection of the faint green energy barrier, which he was much too slow in setting up before Dysalia could take advantage of the situation, but he sets it up regardless, in hopes that it might still serve some purpose.

Dysalia has no intention of messing around with statuses, however. Her eyes glow an eerie shade of lavender, and suddenly everything feels heavy. Stamford, already having trouble keeping himself in the air due to his paralysis, has no choice but to come to rest on the surface of the board under the stronger pull of gravity. In response, Stamford’s eyes glow an angry red to match his current emotion, and he glares at Dysalia. The Girafarig, however, pays him no attention, still trying to get used to the effects of her own action. Stamford glares for a few moments more, just in case, but eventually is forced to give up.

Meanwhile, Dysalia is at least content with her control of the situation for the moment. Still not looking at Stamford, she rears up on her back two hooves, struggling slightly due to the pull of gravity, and them rams her front two hard into the ground. The whole floor shakes as Dysalia’s stomp sends powerful ripples across the entire area. Being grounded, Stamford is unable to escape the powerful blast, and is relentlessly bounced around by the shock waves until finally, the force of the attack fades. Stamford forces himself into an upright position. Pleased to see Dysalia watching him now, his eyes glow red again. This time, the Girafarig looks directly into them, allowing the Bronzor to happily toss psychic waves through the air into her mind. Dysalia feels herself getting drowsy as she watches the curious red light, realizing too late that they were being produced by Stamford as she allows gravity to pull her body to the ground, fast asleep.

Round 10 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 56%
Safeguard ~ Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis
Status: Tiring, bit still feeling confident. Paralyzed (Severe). Protected by Safeguard (3 more actions). Chills remaining: 2/5

Darksong (XO)
Girafarig
[Dysalia] Girafarig (F)
Early Bird Ability
Energy: 87%
Thunder Wave ~ Gravity ~ Earthquake
Status: “Zzzzz…” Asleep (Severe). Gravity in effect (4 more actions). Chills remaining: 5/5​

Round 10 Notes
-As I tried to state, Stamford was ordered to Safeguard on the action a status move was used against him, but Bronzor are slower than Girafarig and so he was already paralyzed before he could even try to block it.
-Stamford’s Hypnosis on action 2 missed. The third only hit due to gravity (which is still in effect for 4 more actions, for the sake of repetition), but running off virtually no sleep, I couldn’t think of how to actually write that.
-Nothing else, really. Go, Darksong.

If you don't wake up on the first action, use Sleep Talk, but if you do, use Earthquake. If you still don't wake up on the second action, use Sleep Talk again, but if you do, use Uproar. And then, on the third action, use Sleep Talk if you're still asleep, Uproar if you were asleep on the last action, and Mud-Slap if you used Uproar on the last action.

Sleep Talk/Earthquake ~ Sleep Talk/Uproar ~ Sleep Talk/Uproar/Mud-Slap

Last edited:
Huh, alright Stamford, we have a little free time to get some set-up going on. Let's start with an Earthquake, just to get it onto your 'used' list, then use Imprison to stop her from ever using that ever again. If both of these work, just go for Payback for a little damage.

If you ever get fully paralyzed, just move the actions along.

Earthquake ~ Earthquake/Imprison ~ Earthquake/Imprison/Payback

2 vs 2 Single

Arena Effects:

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Energy: 56%
Earthquake ~ Earthquake/Imprison ~ Earthquake/Imprison/Payback
Status: Tiring, bit still feeling confident. Paralyzed (Severe). Protected by Safeguard (3 more actions). Chills remaining: 2/5

Darksong (XO)
Girafarig
[Dysalia] Girafarig (F)
Early Bird Ability
Energy: 87%
Sleep Talk/Earthquake ~ Sleep Talk/Uproar ~ Sleep Talk/Uproar/Mud-Slap
Status: “Zzzzz…” Asleep (Severe). Gravity in effect (4 more actions). Chills remaining: 5/5

Round 11

Once again the flags are waved, and again, the arena has decided to alter forms. The pretty girl and her claw hand flicker away, and in their place forms a towering figure. It appears to be train tracks high above the field, complete with powerful support beams and topped off with a strong mine cart. The new creation rolls along its track slowly, somehow always knowing when it approaches the end and reversing course.

Stamford only takes a minute to make sure the cart won’t come crashing down on top of him before resuming his fight. While he was occupied with the new appearances, Dysalia managed to wake up already! The Girafarig silently thanks whatever it is that hampers her sleeping ability, and she again rears up and slams her front hooves into the ground. The resulting shock waves cause the track’s support beams to tremble, along with Stamford of course, who still remains trapped on the ground due to the strong gravity field. Quickly tiring of the constant banging around, Stamford decides to give Dysalia a taste of her own medicine. With a little difficulty, he levitates up a few feet in the air, and then with the aid of gravity, rams his body into the floor. Again, the shock waves cause the supporting beams to rock, even breaking one at the end behind the Bronzor. Dysalia too gets pummeled by the attack, being thrown around like a rag doll.

Not at all happy with being thrown around, Dysalia is all too happy to comply with her next order. She begins angrily shouting, screaming, yelling, and just causing various generally annoying loud noises. Stamford is particularly taken by surprise at the sudden assault on the ears (nevermind that Bronzor have no visible hearing organs). He jumps back sharply, ramming into the broken support beam in the process, causing the mine cart above to shudder slightly, and then falls forwards angrily, all while trying to psychically block out the loud noise, since he has no moveable body parts of note. His psychic abilities do little to block out the noise, however, so instead, Stamford plays a trick of his own. Bringing to mind the images of all the moves he’s used so far, he wraps the memories in a psychic cocoon. Using some of that energy, he also sends a tiny psychic wave into Dysalia’s mind, creating a psychic barrier around the images in her own mind of her attacks.

The Girafarig is blissfully unaware of all that, however. She continues to shout and scream loudly, oblivious to anything else right now. Stamford, meanwhile, has had enough. Using his own anger to fuel him, his body takes on a blackish aura as he gathers dark energy and allows it to spread throughout his body. He hops along the ground, hindered slightly by the gravity, and rams his dark body into Dysalia. Her roars of rage become howls of pain as the dark energy tears at her body. Stamford bounces backwards out of her way while she recovers. Another wave of the ref’s flags indicate the end of the round, much to the relief of Dysalia, who feels much calmer after her sudden fit.

Round 11 Results

Togetic (OO)
Bronzor
[Stamford] Bronzor (x)
Levitate Ability
Health: 26%
Energy: 36%
Earthquake ~ Imprison ~ Payback
Status: Feeling the pain now. Paralyzed (Moderate). Charge Beam, Chill, Confuse Ray, Dream Eater, Earthquake, Flash, Heal Block, Hypnosis, Safeguard, Toxic, and Trick Room are all Imprisoned (2 more rounds). Chills remaining: 2/5

Darksong (XO)
Girafarig
[Dysalia] Girafarig (F)
Early Bird Ability
Health: 79%
Energy: 73%
Earthquake ~ Uproar ~ Uproar
Status: Glad to have let out that rage. Gravity in effect (1 more action). Chills remaining: 5/5​

Arena Notes
-RNG was a 24 for the arena change this round. Therefore, that indestructible mine cart is slowly drifting along above the battlers on its U-shaped track. There’s a couple beams holding up the track on each end, as well as a few along the track itself. One of the poles on Stamford’s side is broken, though. Dysalia is still on her respective side of the field, while Stamford is only a few feet in front of her.

Round 11 Notes
-Dysalia’s first Uproar was a critical hit. The second was two points away from being critical. Also, RNG decided that Dysalia was only locked into it twice, so she is now calmed down. Still, being locked into it, she was unable to use Mud-Slap on action 3.
-Imprison blocked a lot of moves, all of them listed above. I’m not really sure if Chilling counts as a move for the purpose of Imprison-blocking, I’ll ask about that. In the meantime, consider it blocked since I can offer no logical reason for it to be the only move specially exempt.
-I actually remembered to double Payback’s power on action 3.
-I believe it is Togetic’s move.

Back
Top Bottom