• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
You find yourself coming across a large building at the end of a long sea route. You find it rather out of place, but you enter anyway. Inside you find yourself talking to a little old lady (with 'Pillow World' tattoed on her arm) at the desk:
"Welcome to Pal Park! We used to allow trainers to transfer Pokémon from region to region, but we've expanded upon that and now most Pokémon can be found here. Feel free to roam. Depending on what you catch you get a Berry, so go on in!"

Thinking that she is just a little short of sane, you look at a sign.
FIRST TWO BALLS AT $2 EACH, OTHERS $1 EACH. SIX BALLS AT
THE DISCOUNT RATE OF $6. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO IGNORE A POKÉMON IF YOU SO WISH. YOU MAY VISIT MULTIPLE AREAS. IF YOU BEGIN A CHALLENGE BUT THEN ARE ABSENT WITHOUT NOTICE FOR MORE THAN THREE WEEKS, YOUR CHALLENGE WILL BE ENDED, YOUR MONEY RETURNED AND ANY CAPTURED POKÉMON TURNED INTO THE POSSESSION OF THE WARDEN. IF YOU DON'T SPECIFY A PARK BALL QUANTITY, SIX WILL BE ASSUMED. YOU CAN SELL ANY OF YOUR POKÉMON BACK TO THE WARDEN AT THE END OF YOUR GAME AND RECIEVE THE REFUND FOR THAT BALL ONLY.
"Oh yes! I forgot! You need a Pokémon that can learn Surf to access the Sea and Pond, or rent a Surfboard for an extra $2. The Forest needs a Pokémon with a light or the ability to Flash, or a Flashlight for $2, and the Mountain needs a Pokémon that can Rock Smash or a Hammer for $2."

Oh well, what do you have to lose~?

Also I'd like it if, in the event that there are multiple people here, you could quote the current status when you post, to avoid confusion. At the end of the Catching Show, you'll get a list of everything you get, and only then are they valid.

Pokémon:
Field
demwra.jpg

Common:
pidgey pidgeotto rattata spearow vulpix jigglypuff growlithe slowpoke doduo grimer voltorb lickitung sentret ledyba ledian spinarak ariados pichu cleffa igglybuff togepi mareep hoppip skiploom sunkern yanma girafarig snubbull stantler smeargle smoochum poochyena zigzagoon taillow skitty electrike plusle minun roselia spoink spinda swablu zangoose wynaut bidoof pachirisu buneary glameow mimejr happiny munchlax burmy-steel
Uncommon:
fearow raticate pidgeot nidorina nidorino ninetales wigglytuff persian arcanine kadabra farfetchd dodrio muk electrode chansey kangaskhan mrmime scyther jynx tauros eevee porygon snorlax furret togetic flaaffy jumpluff sunflora wobbuffet granbull miltank mightyena linoone ralts swellow delcatty manectric grumpig altaria castform bibarel lopunny purugly lickilicky yanmega wormadam-steel
Rare:
bulbasaur ivysaur charmander charmeleon nidoqueen nidoking alakazam rapidash ditto vaporeon jolteon flareon chikorita bayleef cyndaquil quilava ampharos espeon umbreon scizor porygon2 blissey torchic combusken kirlia gardevoir roserade togekiss leafeon glaceon gallade
Super Rare:
venusaur charizard meganium typhlosion blaziken porygonz
Mountain
20jqyh4.jpg

Common:
zubat diglett mankey machop geodude magnemite cubone koffing rhyhorn sneasel tyrogue whismur makuhita nosepass sableye mawile aron meditite numel cacnea lunatone solrock baltoy snorunt shinx drifloon chingling bronzor bonsly riolu hippopotas croagunk snover stunky burmy-ground slugma swinub houndour phanpy elekid magby
Uncommon:
sandslash clefairy golbat dugtrio primeape machoke graveler ponyta magneton onix marowak hitmonlee hitmonchan rhydon weezing electabuzz magmar aerodactyl sudowoodo gligar steelix magcargo piloswine delibird mantine skarmory houndoom donphan hitmontop larvitar loudred hariyama lairon medicham camerupt torkoal trapinch cacturne claydol chimecho absol glalie bagon beldum luxio cranidos shieldon drifblim skuntank gible bronzong lucario hippowdon toxicroak abomasnow weavile probopass wormadam-ground

Rare:

clefable machamp golem crobat pupitar exploud aggron vibrava shelgon metang turtwig grotle chimchar monferno luxray rampardos bastiodon gabite spiritomb magnezone rhyperior electivire magmortar gliscor mamoswine froslass
Very Rare:
dragonite feraligatr tyranitar flygon salamence metagross torterra infernape garchomp
Pond
22lqmv.jpg

Common:
psyduck poliwag goldeen magikarp marill wooper lotad surskit azurill corphish barboach buizel shellos-east shellos-west remoraid
Uncommon:
golduck poliwhirl slowbro seaking gyarados dratini azumarill quagsire lombre masquerain crawdaunt
Rare:
squirtle wartortle poliwrath dragonair totodile croconaw politoed slowking mudkip marshtomp ludicolo
Very Rare:
blastoise swampert
Sea
jsd4lw.jpg

Common:

[FONT=&quot]tentacool seel corsola shellder krabby horsea staryu chinchou qwilfish wingull carvanha wailmer spheal luvdisc finneon mantyke[/FONT]
Uncommon:
tentacruel dewgong cloyster kingler seadra starmie lapras omanyte kabuto lanturn octillery pelipper sharpedo lileep anorith floatzel gastrodon-east gastrodon-west lumineon
sealeo clamperl relicanth
Rare:
omastar kabutops kingdra wailord cradily armaldo feebas huntail gorebyss relicanth piplup prinplup
Very Rare:
milotic empoleon
Forest
28meo9d.jpg

Common:
caterpie metapod weedle kakuna ekans pikachu nidoranm nidoranf sandshrew oddish paras venonat bellsprout gastly drowzee exeggcute tangela hoothoot natu aipom murkrow misdreavus unown-a pineco dunsparce heracross volbeat illumise teddiursa wurmple silcoon cascoon seedot shroomish gulpin seviper shuppet duskull tropius starly staravia kricketot kricketune budew burmy cherubi chatot skorupi
Uncommon:
arbok butterfree beedrill raichu gloom parasect venomoth weepinbell haunter hypno exeggutor pinsir noctowl xatu forretress shuckle ursaring beautifly dustox nuzleaf breloom vigoroth ninjask swalot kecleon banette dusclops staraptor wormadam cherrim combee ambipom mismagius honchkrow drapion carnivine tangrowth
Rare:
vileplume victreebel gengar bellossom treecko grovyle shiftry slaking shedinja mothim vespiquen dusknoir
Super Rare:
Sceptile

Items Found:
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
Bag_Miracle_Seed_Sprite.png
Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite.png
Bag_NeverMeltIce_Sprite.png
Bag_DeepSeaScale_Sprite.png
Bag_Damp_Rock_Sprite.png
Bag_Shell_Bell_Sprite.png
Bag_Toxic_Orb_Sprite.png
Bag_Water_Stone_Sprite.png
Bag_Metal_Coat_Sprite.png
Bag_Hard_Stone_Sprite.png
Bag_Black_Sludge_Sprite.png
Bag_Moomoo_Milk_Sprite.png
Bag_Fluffy_Tail_Sprite.png
Bag_Lucky_Egg_Sprite.png
Bag_TwistedSpoon_Sprite.png
Bag_Heart_Scale_Sprite.png
Bag_Honey_Sprite.png
Bag_Light_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Big_Pearl_Sprite.png

Reward Berries:

0-540 Points:
Aspear, Cheri, Chesto, Leppa, Oran, Pecha, Persim, Rawst
541-780 Points:
Aguav, Figy, Iapapa, Mago, Wiki
781-1079 Points:
Bluk, Nanab, Lum, Pinap, Razz, Sitrus, Wepear
1080+ Points:
Grepa, Hondew, Kelpsy, Pomeg, Qualot, Tamato

Last edited:
Six balls, and I'll take Pikachu with me~! \o\ It can flash, rock smash, *and* surf! Multipurpose twerp rat.

TO THE FIELDS TO START

James
"Well, you don't need a Pokémon to go to the field, but if it's just a companion then okay!"
Park Balls in hand, you walk into the Field and are almost instantly headbutted by a male...
Munchlax
And he's holding the remains of his last meal!
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

It seems that he hoped to dislodge another apple from you, thinking you were a tree. Understandable I mean you look nothing like a tree, not at all, nope. Anyway, [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x6
Points for encounter: 45
Total Points: 45

Melodic Harmony
After going through a mountainous terrain where, mysteriously, no Pokémon attack you, you get on the duck that is much smaller than you and somehow Surf off. Yeah. I don't know. Anyway, you suddenly realise that you are no longer Surfing so much as being lifted up on the back of a female...
Wailord
(Lucky you! That's one of the rarest possibilities!)
With her shouting her name beneath you, you... [Catch / Ignore, like I don't already know]
Points for encounter: 90
Total Points: 90

DarthWaffles
Trudging through the mountain behind Melodic, after you smash a few rocks looking for Pokémon, you feel static building up in the air. Looking for the source, you find, coming up behind you, a...
Rotom
Oh my god. Oh Arceus that's insane. You have no idea how lucky you are: That's a 1/1000 chance and there are no more Rotom to be found should you catch this one. It could have been anyone, any area, but... the RNG must really like you. O.O
[Catch / Ignore] Not exactly a choice, is it? Sorry though, but due to its rarity I’m going to have to make it use three of your Park Balls, but it is a one-one-thousandth chance, so.
Points for Encounter: 500
Total Points: 500

(This was randomly generated by the way... hax anyone? A Rare (5%) Pokémon and a 1-in-1000 only-one Pokémon... lucky guys...)

Last edited:
James
"Well, you don't need a Pokémon to go to the field, but if it's just a companion then okay!"
Park Balls in hand, you walk into the Field and are almost instantly headbutted by a male...
Munchlax
And he's holding the remains of his last meal!
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

It seems that he hoped to dislodge another apple from you, thinking you were a tree. Understandable I mean you look nothing like a tree, not at all, nope. Anyway, [Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 45
Catching it, and walking off to the forest!

Capture: +45 Points
Ah, so that's why you brought Pikachu.
Entering the darkness of the forest, you are glad of Pikachu emitting electric sparks from its cheeks to light it up... not quite so grateful for the sparks igniting the leaves underfoot. Stamping out the flames up ahead is a...
Nidoranm
Upon seeing you, it seems to get angry at the flames, and headbutts you. Another Headbutt. Wow, repetetive!
[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers
Total Points: 135

Going to the Mountain or the Sea next, perchance?

Okay.
More sparks from Pikachu's cheeks light up more of the forest and the forest fire begins to take hold, but a massive gust of wind puts out the fire. An extremely violent Headbutt to the back sends you flying forwards; a glance reveals it to be a...
Sceptile
Lucky you! Or well, the spine damage is not so great, but. Anyway, Pikachu uses Thunder and Sceptile lies there smoking. Not cigarettes, no. Well, this makes up for being unable to beat the twerp's Sceptile, hey? A closer inspection even reveals it to be holding a Miracle Seed!

[Catch / Ignore] Hardly a choice, but.
Wow, that's a Super Rare! A 1% chance! The only forest-based Super Rare! :D I think the RNG is feeling generous today.
Points for encounter: 140
Total Points: 275

Lemme guess, Catch and then to the Mountains, Pond or Sea?

EDIT:
Capture: +90 Points
Oops, didn't see you there, MelodicHarmony. Well, you lightly tap Wailord with the Park Ball, and then fall through disintegrating whale innards. Hitting the water with a loud splash washed it off fine though, yes?

Surfing along a narrow spit of water to the Pond proves unsuccessful though, as a swarm of Wailmer somehow grabs hold of Wetfoot (what? Their fins are divided into fingerlike things right?) Seems they are mad about you catching their boss. The rest of the swarm will flee if you catch one, but there are a nice selection - several have items.
Wailmer
Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite.png
Bag_NeverMeltIce_Sprite.png
Bag_DeepSeaScale_Sprite.png
Bag_Damp_Rock_Sprite.png
Bag_Shell_Bell_Sprite.png
Bag_Toxic_Orb_Sprite.png
(that one is squirming in pain and deathly pale) and
Bag_Water_Stone_Sprite.png

[Catch / Ignore] Just name the item, or if you prefer one without an item then by all means.
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Wailord (Female)
Total Points: 225

I promise you'll get to the Pond next time~

Now to add the newest Pokémon to the first post, plus the items and the fact that you can go to several different areas! Toodleoo!

Last edited:
I would take the one with the Toxic Orb just to help it out, but...I have something that will need a Water Stone. So...I'll go with the Water Stone Wailmer.

I'll put him/her up for trade >:D

Capture: +45 Points
Capturing the Wailmer (he's male, by the way) is easy, as the rest of the swarm abandons it as soon as the Ball goes near. The Deathly Pale Wailmer pokes its head up again and moans pathetically as though to trouble your conscience further, but then slowly sinks.
You reach the pond with no further troubles, and almost immediately collide with a male...
Barboach
He loops its feeler around your Pokéball and is absorbed in immediately. Seems he liked you.
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male)
Points for Capture: 45
Total Points: 360

Sorry, but since you got a Rarie I had to make life difficult for you. No more though.

Also hehe Wailmer (Male), +10 Points if you get the reference.

Deathly Pale...? Sounds familiar, but my brain just died OTL

Mountains next please =x
<3

Okay.
More sparks from Pikachu's cheeks light up more of the forest and the forest fire begins to take hold, but a massive gust of wind puts out the fire. An extremely violent Headbutt to the back sends you flying forwards; a glance reveals it to be a...
Sceptile
Lucky you! Or well, the spine damage is not so great, but. Anyway, Pikachu uses Thunder and Sceptile lies there smoking. Not cigarettes, no. Well, this makes up for being unable to beat the twerp's Sceptile, hey? A closer inspection even reveals it to be holding a Miracle Seed!

[Catch / Ignore] Hardly a choice, but.
Wow, that's a Super Rare! A 1% chance! The only forest-based Super Rare! :D I think the RNG is feeling generous today.
Points for encounter: 140
Total Points: 275

Lemme guess, Catch and then to the Mountains, Pond or Sea?
... Well. Why not.

Catch, and ... mountains, I guess.

DarthWaffles
Trudging through the mountain behind Melodic, after you smash a few rocks looking for Pokémon, you feel static building up in the air. Looking for the source, you find, coming up behind you, a...
Rotom
Oh my god. Oh Arceus that's insane. You have no idea how lucky you are: That's a 1/1000 chance and there are no more Rotom to be found should you catch this one. It could have been anyone, any area, but... the RNG must really like you. O.O
[Catch / Ignore] Not exactly a choice, is it? Sorry though, but due to its rarity I’m going to have to make it use three of your Park Balls, but it is a one-one-thousandth chance, so.
Points for Encounter: 500
Total Points: 500

(This was randomly generated by the way... hax anyone? A Rare (5%) Pokémon and a 1-in-1000 only-one Pokémon... lucky guys...)

Im taking it! I don't really mind the three Park Balls, Rotom is among my favourite pokemon.

And continuing btw.

MelodicHarmony
The Deathly Pale one was holding the Toxic Orb. Just because she's so ill, she's now a 1/20 option for anyone in the Pond or Sea; you rolled 2, so.
Hopping off Psyduck onto a rocky terrain, you have him smash several rocks. Hiding behind one is a female...
Riolu
[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male)
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 405

James
Capture: +140 Points
(Oops, forgot to get its gender; rolled a one out of eight, so she’s female.)
Swiss Army Yellow Twerp Rat in tow, you head off to the Mountain. Several Rock Smashes later, you see, trying to reconstitute its cloak, a male...
Burmy-steel
Reconstitution complete, it glares angrily at you for producing the large vibrations that knocked off its Plant Cloak. As you approach, it rams its head into your side. Beginning to notice a pattern here?
[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed
Total Points: 460

DarthWaffles

Capture: +500 Points

Two Park Balls do nothing to hold it, as it defiantly pops out of each one. The third time, however, is the charm; it stays put and you note that you have the favour of the gods.
Several Rock Smashings are fruitless, but after a while, you feel quaking coming from the ground. From underneath you bursts an angry female...
Steelix-f
Wow, the RNG really likes you.
She also has a double layer of metal, but one looks as though it’d come off easily.

[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Rotom
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 1060

(for clarification, the reference was to Wailmer Mail, from the Mystery Dungeon series.)
(Oh, also I'm bumping the prices up to $2 for the first two Park Balls and $1 for the rest, still up to six and six at the discount rate of $6. Sixsixsix. SIIIIIIIIX. Ahem, sorry. I like six. But you guys don't have to pay extra, lucky dogs. I'm off to add the new stuff to the first post! Bye!)

Last edited:
DarthWaffles[/FONT]
Capture: +500 Points

Two Park Balls do nothing to hold it, as it defiantly pops out of each one. The third time, however, is the charm; it stays put and you note that you have the favour of the gods.
Several Rock Smashings are fruitless, but after a while, you feel quaking coming from the ground. From underneath you bursts an angry female...
Steelix-f
Wow, the RNG really likes you.
She also has a double layer of metal, but one looks as though it’d come off easily.

[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Rotom
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 1060

(for clarification, the reference was to Wailmer Mail, from the Mystery Dungeon series.)
(Oh, also I'm bumping the prices up to $2 for the first two Park Balls and $1 for the rest, still up to six and six at the discount rate of $6. Sixsixsix. SIIIIIIIIX. Ahem, sorry. I like six. But you guys don't have to pay extra, lucky dogs. I'm off to add the new stuff to the first post! Bye!)

Take and proceed kthx.

You toss a Park Ball which wobbles once, twice... and bursts open in a flash of light. The Ball returns to your hand, and you feel another earthquake behind you. So now you have a choice of Pokémon.
A female Steelix-f

or a male Aggron?
What's with your luck? You've encountered a Rotom (0.01%), a Steelix (7%) and an Aggron (5%). You know what, I think I'll generate numbers between 100-200 instead of 1-100 from now on.
Anyway, [Catch Steelix / Catch Aggron / Ignore Both]?
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Rotom
Points for Encounter: 90
Total Points: 1150

Last edited:
Sorry, should I quote my previous adventure when you're doing multiple? I apologize for the confusion '^-^

MelodicHarmony
The Deathly Pale one was holding the Toxic Orb. Just because she's so ill, she's now a 1/20 option for anyone in the Pond or Sea; you rolled 2, so.
Hopping off Psyduck onto a rocky terrain, you have him smash several rocks. Hiding behind one is a female...
Riolu
[Catch / Ignore]
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 405

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom