• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise vs Metallica Fanboy

Shadow Serenity

Lurking
Pronoun
He/Him
2 vs. 2 single (can be negotiated)
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: All but Metronome.
Arena: Goldenrod City

Skyscrapers and radio towers abound in the hustle-and-bustle of Goldenrod's city streets, blotting out the sun and yet trapping heat in a paradoxical manner. Wingull harass passerby, people don't look at you as you pass them, and the most garish music blares from every punk's Team Rocket-styled Pokétch, and chatter issues from each and every businessman speaking into a headset.

Time to burn it all to the smoking, charred ground.

The battle begins on a dour-way intersection, cordoned off to the public. Of course, a few of those that haven't realized that this is an infamous Asber Metronome Battle have infiltrated the weak security measures, which are basically some yellow 'CAUTION' tape and a few randomly-placed orange cones.

Water mains and sewers under the streets will burst to provide for the battle's antics, and similar things will happen to ensure the maximum in destruction.

Additional Rules: All Pokémon have infinite energy. Also, the referee may at any time teleport the battlers and themselves to a different place in the city, say, the top of the Department store or something.

ASB Profile

Metallica Fanboy's Active Squad:
[Dexterous] Aerodactyl (M)
Ability: Pressure
Hold Item: Reaper Cloth
Signature Move: Prehistoric Banter

[Megatherium] Vigoroth (M)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Hold Item: Razor Claw

[Warfare] Carvanha (F)
Ability: Rough Skin

[Super Macho Man] Machop (M)
Ability: No Guard

[Headbanger] Cranidos (M)
Ability: Mold Breaker

[Battery] Elekid (F)
Ability: Static

[Kong] Mankey (M)

Bagon (M)
Ability: Rock Head

[Spearhead] Heracross (M)
Ability: Guts
Signature Move: Mercykiller

[Daremyth] Igglybuff (F)
Ability: Cute Charm

Blastoise's Active Squad:
[Huskington] Shedinja [X]
Wonder Guard

[Codegrah] Happiny [F] @ Oval Stone
Serene Grace

[Hippocampus] Slowpoke [M] @ Kings Rock
Own Tempo

[Koutus] Electrike (Shiny) [F]
Static

[Pompeii] Numel [M]
Oblivious

[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit

[Coronada] Misdreavus [F] @ Dusk Stone
Levitate

[King's English] Ralts [M] @ Dawn Stone
Synchronize
Signature Attribute: Automail Right Arm

[Agaric] Shroomish [F]
Poison Heal

(MF, your active squad has 12 pokemon, according to your profile. I think you're supposed to only have 10, so I just cut out the last two.)

Please point out if I left out any items. I tried copying them from your profiles as best I could while trying to do three other things at once. >_>

RNG Says:
Metallica Fanboy sends out.
Blastoise sends out and orders metronomes.
MF orders his metronomes.
Presumed hilarity ensues.

Yes, I wasn't aware of that until Kam notified me earlier today. Not much of a problem anyway since both Pokémon you cut off don't learn Metronome.

Speaking of Kam, I'll use the Pokémon he gave me. Go, Kong.

Skyscrapers and radio towers abound in the hustle-and-bustle of Goldenrod's city streets, blotting out the sun and yet trapping heat in a paradoxical manner. Wingull harass passerby, people don't look at you as you pass them, and the most garish music blares from every punk's Team Rocket-styled Pokétch, and chatter issues from each and every businessman speaking into a headset.

The battle begins on a dour-way intersection, cordoned off to the public. Of course, a few of those that haven't realized that this is an infamous Asber Metronome Battle have infiltrated the weak security measures, which are basically some yellow 'CAUTION' tape and a few randomly-placed orange cones.

Water mains and sewers under the streets will burst to provide for the battle's antics, and similar things will happen to ensure the maximum in destruction.

Additional Rules: All Pokémon have infinite energy. Also, the referee may at any time teleport the battlers and themselves to a different place in the city, say, the top of the Department store or something.

It’s a beautiful day in Goldenrod City. Bird Pokémon happily chirp away high in the sky, and people are wandering the streets down below, going about their daily business. However, one part of the city doesn’t appear to be as peaceful. Or at least, not for long. In a four-way intersection behind the Pokémon center, two trainers and their referee have taped up the area in preparation for their totally unpredictable battle. On one side of the hot pavement, Metallica Fanboy tosses a pokéball and releases Kong, his Mankey. On the other side, looking amused, Blastoise releases Kergen, his own Mankey. This promises to be a totally random battle, so… here we go!

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Vital Spirit Ability
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Blastoise: (OO)
Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit Ability
Energy: 100%

Round 1

As the battle begins, both Mankey begin wagging their fingers back and forth in a most comical manner. Kong’s movement begins to have an effect first. The male Mankey’s arm glows a woody green and begins to sprout a few leaves. He runs forward and swings his arm downwards, crashing painfully into Kergen’s head. The force knocks her to the ground, and the vibrations cause Kong to stumble backwards as well. The green glow and the leaves both fade from his arm as he watches Kergen stand, her own Metronome ready. Her body glows white slightly as she gathers something in her mouth. Kong steps back again as Kergen spits at him. However, nothing but saliva is spit out, and though it was harmless, it is also extremely disgusting, and Kong screeches furiously.

Kong again moves first, wiggling his fingers again. Now it’s his turn to take on a faint white glow. He begins to mumble incoherently, not even knowing himself what is coming out of his mouth. The mumbling stops as the glow fades, and Kong and Kergen simply stare at each other, wondering what just happened. Kergen doesn’t linger on the question, however, her own fingers wagging. She takes on a faint yellow glow this time, and the bruise on her head from the earlier attack seems to just fade away, leaving her perfectly healthy. She didn’t particularly feel like she needed a healing just yet, but is grateful for removing the bruise anyway.

Again Kong moves first, his wagging fingers wrapping him in a rather dark aura. His eyes seem almost red, as he watches his opponent carefully. Kergen doesn’t seem bothered by Kong’s unusual change in appearance, but nothing else seems to be happening, so she proceeds with her finger wagging. This time, her eyes turn pink as the gazes deeply into Kong’s eyes. Kong is rather unaffected, however. He isn’t even paying attention to Kergen’s eyes; he’s waiting for something more interesting to happen. Nothing does, however; Kergen’s eyes return to normal, and Kong’s blackish aura fades just after, both Mankey absolutely clueless.

Round 1 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 98%
Energy: --%
Status: Wondering what happened to the bruise on Kergen’s head.

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit

Round 1 Notes
-Kong’s Metronomes became Wood Hammer, Sleep Talk, and Snatch.
-Kergen’s Metronomes became Spit Up, Moonlight, and Hypnosis.
-Since Mankey obviously has the same speed as Mankey… RNG decided for Kong to move first every action.
-Kergen’s Hypnosis missed, not that it would have mattered.
-For the sake of knowing that you both have read this, Blastoise “orders” first, followed by Metallica Fanboy.

Shouldn't I be ordering the Metronomes first this round?

Well, since it matters little, I'll post them first anyway.

Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Er... you were supposed to post first last round, actually... but I figured that since you sent someone out that it was safe to assume you knew the battle was up and everything, and after all, the order doesn't really matter that much in a battle like this.

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 98%
Status: Wondering what happened to the bruise on Kergen’s head.

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit

Round 2

Both Mankey begin wagging their fingers again. This time, Kergen’s is the first to trigger. She is enveloped with a black aura similar to Kong’s earlier Snatch. The aura then shoots out and envelops Kong as well. Kong braces himself, but in fact feels no pain. His own Metronome activates as the black aura fades from both Pokémon. Seeming to come from Kong’s glowing hand (paw?) is a stream of sand and wind, which begins to encircle the general area, the sight of which attracts the attention of several townsfolk.

The blinding sandstorm doesn’t hinder either Mankey, and once again they begin wagging their fingers. Kong’s activates, and his arm seems to convert to silvery steel, and he propels forwards, slashing Kergen with the metallic claws. The female Mankey retreats backwards slightly but doesn’t stop her own fingers, which then begin to glow an odd mix of blue and green. Soon, Kergen’s entire body is enveloped in the draconic flames, and she rams her body hard into Kong, who is thrown back a fair distance by the force.

Kergen begins to wiggle her fingers immediately after her dragon flames die out, and her Metronome doesn’t take long to activate either. A green light forms in her hand, and her arm thrusts forward, throwing the light at Kong, who is still in the process of standing up. The light catches his left foot and takes the shape of a tiny seed. A few tiny vines emerge from the seed and wrap around Kong’s left leg. He shivers a bit, nervous about what the seed might do, but pushes it out of his mind for the moment to wag his fingers. He begins to feel unusually angry, even for a short-tempered Mankey, and charges madly at his foe, beating and scratching her wildly. She howls in pain before managing to push Kong away. Kong returns to his original position, still feeling rather angry.

Round 2 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 87%

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit
Health: 93%

Round 2 Notes
-Kergen’s Metronomes: Nightmare, Dragon Rush, Worry Seed
-Kong’s Metronomes: Sandstorm, Metal Claw, Rage
-Thanks Blastoise, but I do have one already, I wasn’t just picking moves on my own. I hope you didn’t think I’d be that selfish. :/
-Sandstorm is in effect (3 more actions). I was going to move the battle elsewhere at the end of this round, but seeing as how that would leave the sandstorm, I figured I shouldn’t interfere.
-Blastoise shall go “first” next round.

Flying sand? Is that all the destruction you can muster, Kong? Last Metronome match your opponent was down in two rounds, don't go letting me down now. Use Roar of Time, then follow up with Spacial Rend and round it off with a killer Splash.

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Ability: Vital Spirit -> Insomnia
Health: 87%

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit
Health: 93%

Round 3

Kong’s fist now takes on a white glow as his latest Metronome takes effect. He runs forward through the sandstorm and punches Kergen hard, which actually spins her around a few times, causing her to almost lose her balance. Kong feels his rage settle slightly as he backs away from Kergen, now triggering her own Metronome. She begins to glow pink, and then vanishes for a moment. Kong glances around the arena nervously for her, but he doesn’t have to search for long. Kergen reappears shortly in the exact same place she’d vanished from, apparently just as clueless about what happened as Kong.

Seeing as how nothing seemed to happen in regards to Kergen’s random vanishing act, Kong puts it out of his mind and again wiggles his fingers. He suddenly has an urge to slap his opponent silly, and decides to do so. He runs right up to Kergen and slaps her face back and forth powerfully a few times before Kergen manages to push him back. Not happy with her face-slapping, she triggers her own Metronome. Both Kong and her own body are surrounded by a green aura, and a large number of green orbs separate from Kong’s aura, drift towards Kergen through the whirling sandstorm, and are absorbed into her own green aura. The slight bumps on her face are healed as the aura fades, and she feels ever so slightly better.

As Kong’s fingers move back and forth, he has another strong urge, this time to… compliment Kergen? He doesn’t know why, or even want to, but he can’t seem to help himself. He starts to compliment his female counterpart, telling her how impressive her last attack was for a Mankey and such. Kergen feels odd, at first… why in the world would Kong be encouraging her? Still, she can’t help but feel rather pleased with her luck. She does her own Metronome again to show off. This time, her fist glows purple and out of the aura shoots a few purple, poisonous spikes, carried by the winds of the sandstorm, and scatter around Kong. The male Mankey looks down at the purple spikes that surround him. He notes that they appear to be coated in a slimy poison and makes a mental note not to step on them. Both Mankey look up and glare at each other as the sandstorm begins to fade.

Round 3 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 77%

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit
Status: Wondering why Kong praised her. Confused (Severe). Special Attack +.​

Round 3 Notes
-Kong’s moves: Dizzy Punch, Wake-Up Slap, Flatter
-Kergen’s moves: Teleport, Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes
-That’s what I meant by “on my own”. :P In any case, nah, I’ve got Negrek’s old generator linked, and seeing as how Nightmare had come up, I think it’s safe to say it includes every move.
-Forgot to change Kong’s ability last round even though I wrote it in there. Not like it matters a great deal since both abilities pretty much do the same thing, but meh. I fixed it here, regardless.
-Sandstorm has ended, but now there’s toxic spikes scattered around Kong.
-Metallica Fanboy should be next, blah blah order, blah blah.

Damn right, Kong, don't step on that stuff.

Anyway, I know you probably think she's really hot, but, apocalypse first, ladies after. So, I want you to use Fissure twice, and then Sheer Cold. There shall be no escape.

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey [F]
Vital Spirit
Status: Wondering why Kong praised her. Confused (Severe). Special Attack +2.

Round 4

Kong and Kergen once again wag their fingers in hopes of utter destruction. Kong’s Metronome activates first. Without warning, both Mankey suddenly go stiff, their eyes blank. Kong’s Metronome connects their minds with a psychic link, and Kergen feels herself weakening as her boosted confidence is absorbed into Kong. When the link breaks, both Mankey return to their right minds, testing their limbs and what not. Kergen, angry about her sudden loss of confidence, begins to wag her fingers again. As she does so, however, she can’t help but wonder what causes these random attacks. She looks down as her fingers begin to glow white, and stops wagging it. The white light explodes brightly, blinding Kergen, who stumbles backwards.

Kong snickers a little as he starts his own Metronome. He begins to feel angry again as his hand takes on a bluish green glow, which then envelops him before bursting out in full dragon flames. He rushes at Kergen, who is still blinking in an attempt to regain her vision. Kong rams into her hard, the dragon fire burning her body, and she is thrown back harshly. She angrily whips her fingers back and forth as she stands up, while Kong glares, waiting to strike again. Kergen feels a strange energy in her tail and looks back to see it turn metallic. She immediately knows what she should do, and runs towards Kong, spinning as she approaches him and batting him with her steel-hard tail, which now throws him onto his back.

Before Kong can recover, Kergen jumps back and begins another Metronome. As the white light begins to form, though, Kergen again can’t help but watch the light and wonder how it works. Stopping to think, the white light again grows extremely bright before exploding into nothing, once again blinding her. Kong gives the female Mankey no rest, as he stands and rams into her again, the blue-green dragon fire scorching her body as she’s thrown backwards harshly. As she forces herself to stand, she notices that the dragon flames surrounding Kong have not yet begun to show signs of vanishing.

Round 4 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 68%
Status: “RAWR!” Special Attack +2. Surrounded by Toxic Spikes.

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey (F)
Vital Spirit
Health: 51%
Status: “Note to self… stop questioning Metronome.” Confused (Moderate).​

Round 4 Notes
-Kong’s moves: Power Swap, Outrage. Also, Outrage was deemed to last three actions, so Kong’s got one more action left for that.
-Kergen’s moves: Sleep Powder (failed due to confusion), Iron Tail, Dive (Failed due to confusion)
-I notice when I copied the stats of last round that my 2 key failed, so there’s no value given. Kergen’s Sp. Attack was boosted by 2. Power Swap gave that to Kong, though.
-Kong is getting really lucky, winning all these speed ties…
-Finally, I apologize for the delay. I would have had this up the same night as the previous rounds (I had nearly everything ready), but I had a question and it was only just now answered.
-Blastoise, as thanks for the compliment, I allow you to order first. (Huh? …What do you mean it does matter?)

Locking yourself into not being able to topple the city? Pfft. Pathetic. Finish your rage, then use Earthquake and Magnitude.

Not Outrage ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 68%
Status: “RAWR!” Special Attack +2. Surrounded by Toxic Spikes.

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey (F)
Vital Spirit
Health: 51%
Status: “Note to self… stop questioning Metronome.” Confused (Moderate).

Round 5

Eager to bring Kong back within reasonable health, Kergen wastes no time triggering another Metronome. This time, her fingers glow a powerful red, and as if to answer her plea for utter destruction, the ground begins to tremble. Former onlookers flee as the pavement begins to crack violently. Up out of the crack rises a huge cloud of smoke and steam, as well as a towering column of searing hot orange-ish magma. The entire tower of magma makes its way to Kong, trapping the Mankey in the searing flames. His screams are barely audible over the noise of the sizzling column of destruction. After a few moments, the towering flames begin to flicker and fade, until it is reduced to a significantly smaller ring of fire. The crack in the pavement continues to grow, however, prompting the ref to use his magical teleportation abilities to move the combatants to another location in the city as the ground beneath the humans’ feet crumbles.

The battlers, ref, and their battle conditions including both the ring of fire and the poisonous spikes that surround Kong reappear on a standard battle arena, inside the Goldenrod City Gym. Upon inspection, one would find that Whitney isn’t anywhere in sight, presumably shopping. The junior trainers, however, scramble to the far corners of the gym, frightened by the sudden appearance of an entire battle.

Kong hardly notices this change, however, still blinded by rage. He darts forward, ring of fire keeping up as if it were a part of the Mankey himself, and rams Kergen hard one last time as the dragon flames finally fade from his body. Kong retreats back across the field, his rage finally calming. He pants heavily as he finally realizes that his location has changed, and looks around in confusion.

Kergen, meanwhile, has triggered another metronome. Her arm begins to glow a woody green, and small thorns have begin to grow. She runs up to the confused Kong and rams him hard with her thorny arm. Kong is knocked back a little bit, but he barely notices the pain in his side. He’s too wrapped up in his thoughts of how he got into a building. As he looks around, he takes a step forward, and stumbles over his own feet, falling face-first into the gym floor.
Kergen laughs as Kong forces himself upright and begins a metronome. Still, he can’t help but looking around the building, wondering how he got there. His thoughts consume him, and he makes Kergen’s mistake of stopping his metronome halfway through. The white light that began to form explodes into nothing, and Kong looks down at his hands just in time for the white light to blast into his eyes. Kergen laughs again, activating another metronome of her own. As the white light glows, her mouth opens on its own accord and emits a high pitched screech. Kong seems not to hear it, however, whether because he is too far away or because he just isn’t paying attention, Kergen doesn’t know.

Round 5 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 41%
Status: “Uh… rawr?” Special Attack +2. Surrounded by Toxic Spikes. Trapped by Magma Storm (1 more action). Confused (Severe).

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey (F)
Vital Spirit
Health: 40%
Status: “Note to self… stop questioning Metronome.” Confused (Moderate).​

Round 5 Notes
-Kergen’s moves: Magma Storm, Needle Arm, Supersonic.
-Kong’s moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance (failed due to confusion), Jump Kick (failed due to confusion).
-Kong hurt himself in confusion on actions 2 and 3.
-I always thought Confuse Ray and Supersonic should have their names switched. After all, how is a sound-based move so inaccurate? Anyway, Kergen’s supersonic missed, not that it mattered since Kong is already at my highest confusion rate (due to Outrage). And reffing that was hard, too, resulting in something boring.
-Magma Storm lasted for 4 actions, so Kong will be freed after the next.
-Oh, and I thought it would be a shame to let either of you die while causing your destruction, so in case it wasn't obvious, I moved the battle to the gym after the Magma Storm.
-Go MF, go!

This is far beyond acceptable, Kong. While you fooled around missing the chances to get stat boosts and a STAB attack, your opponent got the first destructive move of the fight. You must make up for this pitiful performance immediately. And for this... We will be using that secret ultra mega strong move nobody but us knew about.

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 41%
Status: “Uh… rawr?” Special Attack +2. Surrounded by Toxic Spikes. Trapped by Magma Storm (1 more action). Confused (Severe).

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey (F)
Vital Spirit
Health: 40%
Status: “Note to self… stop questioning Metronome.” Confused (Moderate).

Round 6

Blinking rapidly, Kong manages to regain his vision and decides not to look at his hands in the middle of an attack again. Nevertheless, he proceeds to activate another Metronome. Again the ground starts to tremble before bursting open off to the east, sending pieces of the gym floor flying around the room. Water from the pool that each gym uses for water-type Pokémon has broken through the floor in a huge wave, the pool itself having been closed under the arena since it was not in use. Kong leaps unusually high and lands on a piece of the ground that has arisen with the wave, and then points at Kergen. The wave begins to fall obediently towards its target, crashing down upon the female Mankey and washing her away. Kong leaps off the wave and scurries back to his original position as the water begins to recede back into the hole in the ground from whence it came. Kergen, meanwhile, stands up and shakes off her soaking body before wagging her fingers threateningly. For a second time in a row, her mouth opens without her willing it, and she begins to sing. Rather than soothe Kong, Kergen’s song seems to only anger him.

Kergen’s song angers herself as well, and even before the sound stops she begins another Metronome. As it activates, she feels a strong urge to imitate Kong. She notices he doesn’t appear tired at all, and as such, Kergen tries to appear fully awake also, only to realize that in fact, she isn’t, and doesn’t recall ever being during this fight, tired. Kong watches Kergen with slight amusement as he activates his own Metronome once again. As it activates, Kong finds himself focusing much more intently on Kergen. He stares angrily at her for several seconds, with Kergen attempting to imitate him, but Kergen can’t help but feel unnerved, and she begins to shiver while staring into Kong’s intent eyes. She instinctively tries to step backwards, but while her brain says move, her body refuses to comply.

Feeling successful, Kong breaks his eye contact and wiggles his fingers once more. His hand glows in a white light, as usual, but this time the white light takes the shape of a tiny, white bone. Kong grips the bone-shaped energy and hurls it at Kergen, who is still too stiff to move. The bone strikes her sharply in the head as it flies by, and Kergen barely has time to rub her head in annoyance before the bone makes a loop and whacks her in the back before evaporating into nothing. She grunts angrily, wagging her fingers. Her paw glows with dark energy in response. The female Mankey then leaps towards her male counterpart and smacks him on the head with her black aura. Kong seems more annoyed than injured by the slap, and Kergen retreats across the soggy battlefield before Kong attempts another blow.

Round 6 Results

Metallica Fanboy (OO)
Mankey
[Kong] Mankey (M)
Health: 37%
Status: “Yes. Rawr!” Special Attack +2. Surrounded by Toxic Spikes. Confused (Moderate).

Mankey
[Kergen] Mankey (F)
Vital Spirit -> Insomnia
Health: 22%
Status: “Stop triggering sleep moves $&#&#!” Confused (Mild). Paralyzed (Severe).​

Round 6 Notes
-Kong’s moves: Surf, Glare, Bonemerang.
-Kergen’s moves: Sing, Role Play, Assurance.
-Current location: Goldenrod Gym
-Congratulations, both your Mankey managed to change their ability to the same alternate ability, which, ironically, still does the same thing as their original ability.
-Thanks for that alternate Metronome generator, Blastoise. The one I was using froze on me halfway though.
-There’s a giant hole in the floor off on the east side of the building where the water is finishing draining into.
-No one hurt themselves this round, reducing both Mankey’s confusion status.
-Go, Blastoise, go!

Back
Top Bottom