• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

10th May New Game Announcement

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
From Bulbapedia:
As announced by the official Japanese Pokémon Web site and TV Tokyo's TV program information on Friday, Pokémon Sunday is set to make a "world-exclusive first announcement" in its Pokémon Game Arena segment on May 10.

The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement, showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement's subject. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.

The next issue of CoroCoro, which will be released May 15, is likely to contain the announcement as well.

Subtle as a brick, right guys??

I already posted this in the G/S Remake Thread. But I guess it could have its own thread, too...

My opinion? Whatever it is, I can't get it.

I feel like reposting this for saying that it's definitely a G/S remake.
Blaziking said:
I'll bet they are the G/S remakes. Since Platinum and Explorers of the Sky have finished their productions, Game Freak has to be working on something else. So, what would it be? Fans have practically been begging for G/S remakes, and there's not much else to be done with D/P, PMD2 series is finished, they just released a Pokemon game for non-portable devices, leaving two last options.

-A whole new Pokemon game entirely

-G/S remakes

If they were to make whole new Pokemon games, I think this might be a little too early, unless they were simply in the incredibly early stages. Platinum was just released in Japan in September, and in America in March, so it seems that it might be a bit too early. However, with Diamond and Pearl, they were announced around 2 years before the games were finally released, and in between this time, remakes of R/G came out, so they could be doing that.

However, there have been many hints pointing towards G/S remakes, and some of the hints were dead giveaways (Reservation of names, the Johto area thingy in D/P/Pt, and the fact that Ho-oh, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are the only legendaries unavailable in D/P/Pt).

Plus don't forget that Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil all are making appearances in the next Pokemon movie, so, uh, yeah there's enough evidence to say that it's definitely a G/S remake.

This should be fun. I like GSC, so I'll probably get it.

Like everyone else, I think there is a huge amount of evidence towards it being the remakes, but I'm not gonna list them all again.

<3 I will have to get these. Along with Platinum. also is it odd that I always find the third game much more entertaining than the first two?

(I play Emerald more than Ruby or Sapphire and I played Crystal more than Gold or Silver.)

<3 I will have to get these. Along with Platinum. also is it odd that I always find the third game much more entertaining than the first two?

(I play Emerald more than Ruby or Sapphire and I played Crystal more than Gold or Silver.)

That's definitely not odd. The third game always tends to have much more fun and interesting stuff to it that the original two.

EDIT: Also, more concrete evidence of the remakes.

I always like the third game the best too!

I think I'll start playing Crystal again, just because. It seems my cartridge is still alive. <3

Bh. Y'know what would be better than a remake? A new game, where you either started with Johto Pokemon or revisited Johto somewhere in between. Or maybe something based off G/S, but rather than traveling to Kanto afterwards (which was already remade in FRLG), you go to an all-new region. Or, please God, something with a better plot than GSC, with their lackluster "Team Rocket is back and cutting off slowpoketails oh noooo T_T" thing.

...But, I'll still be happy with a G/S remake. Just "yay" happy, not "OMG AWESOME :D :D" happy. :/

I'm hoping it'll be the unveiling of Gen V, but I'll be pleasently surprised if they are GSC remakes--a few years ago, PUSA said that GSC remakes were "highly unlikely". That, I'm not sure how much longer my old Silver may last.

Hopefully it's pertaining to Gen V. I hated the Johto games...although that might be just me. Though we have to wait so meh.

Yesyesyes! DO WANT! If it's a main Pokemon game, I'M GETTING IT. Seems like it will be the remake.

HOLY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm speechless.
Gold was my first Pokemon game ever, and it died around 2 years ago. The rest went just last year. I miss them so dearly... I really hope it is a remake ;w;

Hopefully it's pertaining to Gen V. I hated the Johto games...although that might be just me. Though we have to wait so meh.

YOU DO NOT FIT! YOU MAKE ME SAD! :(

jk. I can understand that not everybody has to like G/S/C. The main reason I want these games is to play through them again, since I'm not restarting Gold.

IV, I must agree with you. GS TR sucks. :( I liked them better when Giovanni was leading them.

Excellent... I doubt it'll be Generation V, it's far too early, and they probably won't release it until the next handheld...

One look at Serebii.net's update today told me that this place would be buzzing with discussion over a G/S/C remake.

I think it is pretty safe to assume this is what it is. Can't wait!
~With that we can also expect a boat load of new sprites!~

So, it looks like we are officially on the down swing toward Generation V. Judging from the past progression to new generations, before we see Gen. V there is likely to just be a gay little puzzle game like Trozei, another wii game, and a brand-new spin-off.

Last edited:
Gold and Silver remakes sound totally awesome unless you remember playing Gold and Silver.

They're really, really tedious. There is nothing that you could not easily get a monkey to do in G/S besides maybe Ice Path. They're probably the easiest main series Pokemon games and there is no attempt to make the maps at all interesting.

A lot of the Pokemon are kind of neat, but GSC is completely blah.

Back
Top Bottom