• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Negrek vs Byrus (ref: Kratos Aurion)

Round Three End!

Team Negrek
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shuckle Cuddles (M)
Ability: Gluttony
Signature Attribute: Berry Collector
Health: 58%
Energy: 53%
Status: Feeling very annoyed. -1 speed, +1 defense, +1 attack.
Item: Soothe bell
Commands: Earthquake / Smack Down / Encore x3

Steelix <Lockjaw> (F) [Sturdy]
Signature Attribute: Rusty Rig
Health: 85%
Energy: 85%
Item: Binding band

Absol <Mandarb> (F) [Pressure]
Signature Attribute: Armored (Light + Poisoned Barb)
Item: Reaper cloth

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Buneary Fiver (M)
Ability: Run away
Health: 59%
Energy: 49%
Status: Fine, although he would prefer taking a shower over giving his opponent one. +1 attack.
Item: None
Commands: (Grab on) Sweet kiss ~ Water pulse ~ Water pulse

Tauros <Donn Cuailnge> (M) (Anger Point)
Item: Muscle band

Spinda <Teetotaler> (F) [Tangled Feet]
Item: Moon stone

... Really? I have to kiss that thing? Fiver wasn't a fan of his orders, and he planned to show it, shooting a glare at Byrus before turning to his foe. Cuddles was blissfully unaware of what was about to happen, as well, preparing to shoot off an earthquake the second he determined that Fiver wasn't going to jump in the air again or any other shenanigans.

Fiver would never resort to such silliness. Oh, no, that wouldn't work at all. He could see Cuddles slowly wrapping a tentacle around a convenient icicle; continuing that sort of thing would just be pointless. Instead, he conjured up the cutest face he could think of and came in close to Cuddles; the shuckle was immediately unnerved, but certainly couldn't move fast enough to get away. Instead, he was forced to to cower under the buneary's forceful grip as Fiver... leaned in for a kiss. Fiver even continued to cling to Cuddles afterward; it was fairly easy, considering the shuckle's sticky exterior. Managing enough movement to climb up on Cuddles and sit on his shell (and inserting his feet into the shuckle's shell to fit better), Fiver smugly waited to see his reaction.

Luckily for him, it wouldn't take much to make Cuddles panic. The shuckle was already put off by the arena, but dealing with an apparently romantic bunny sitting on his head? Awful. Terrible. This couldn't happen. He frantically began beating the ground with his limbs, screaming about how these tactics were dirty and unfair. In his desperation he tried his best to follow his trainer's orders; the ground beneath him began to quake and tremble. While the building still stood surprisingly sturdy against the assault, boxes began to fall to the ground and a few icicles dropped. Upset, Cuddles began to flail all over the arena.

The bunny, though, was still sitting on his shell. In desperation Cuddles even attempted to smack him off, but his weak little tentacles did nothing to help him. Fiver laughed a bit and congratulated himself, figuring that the worst was over by now. Once again he tried his super-effective attack of choice; the water pulse hurt even more up close and sent Cuddles' head spinning. Cuddles was beginning to hate Fiver.

Even though he was beginning to see stars, Cuddles was able to set off another small earthquake--although it wasn't worth much, considering that Fiver was still holding tight to his shell. In fact, the buneary was getting sticky and he was afraid that his once-luxurious fur would soon be entirely stuck to Cuddles' shell. Fiver was a bit worried by this, but decided to stay onboard and drench Cuddles anyway. The quicker he finished this, the sooner he could get off, right?

Fiver was almost ready to flee when Cuddles made his last move; still, he held his ground until the movement stopped. Trying to step off, he realized the action wouldn't be so simple. His feet were stuck in the hole! Grabbing one leg at a time roughly with his paws, he eventually managed to yank them out; however, tufts of fur seemed to have been ripped off by this and in places the buneary was suspiciously bald. Upset, he shot off yet another water pulse at Cuddles, but it didn't help his sour mood.

Team Negrek
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shuckle Cuddles (M)
Ability: Gluttony
Signature Attribute: Berry Collector
Health: 33%
Energy: 30%
Status: Feeling useless, with a pounding headache. Confused (light; 12% chance of full confusion). -1 speed, +1 defense, +1 attack.
Item: Soothe bell
Actions: Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Steelix <Lockjaw> (F) [Sturdy]
Signature Attribute: Rusty Rig
Health: 80%
Energy: 80%
Item: Binding band

Absol <Mandarb> (F) [Pressure]
Signature Attribute: Armored (Light + Poisoned Barb)
Item: Reaper cloth

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Buneary Fiver (M)
Ability: Run away
Health: 48%
Energy: 30%
Item: None
Actions: (Grab on) Sweet kiss ~ Water pulse ~ Water pulse

Tauros <Donn Cuailnge> (M) (Anger Point)
Item: Muscle band

Spinda <Teetotaler> (F) [Tangled Feet]
Item: Moon stone

Notes:

... Hopefully this makes more sense. OTL

I wasn't sure how to determine sweet kiss' accuracy. The miss chance could be from failing to kiss the opponent, or the kiss failing to work. I chose to only up the accuracy by 12%.

Because earthquake doesn't damage the user, all of the earthquakes missed.

Fiver took 6% miscellaneous damage from being smacked around by Cuddles and staying on/in his shell. His legs don't have as much fur as they should, either; they'll probably be a bit raw to the touch.

Byrus first.

Calculations:

Sweet kiss - hit = 0% damage, 2% energy, accuracy roll 13 (needed 87 or above to miss).
Earthquake - missed = 0% damage, 6% energy, no accuracy roll/critical hit roll (wasn't going to hit anyway).
Water pulse - hit = 10% damage, 6% energy, no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 49, needed 5 or under to activate. Confusion roll 34, needed 80 or above to activate.
Earthquake - missed = 0% damage, 6% energy, no accuracy roll/crit roll (wasn't going to hit anyway). Confusion check 46, needed 75 or above to activate.
Water pulse - hit = 10% damage, 6% energy, no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 28, needed 5 or under to activate. Confusion roll 24, needed 80 or above to activate.
Earthquake - missed = 0% damage, 6% energy, no accuracy roll/crit roll (wasn't going to hit anyway). Confusion check 16, needed 75 or above to activate.

Last edited:
Keep at it with the water pulses, and stay at close range. Try and hop on his shell again if an earthquake is forthcoming. Use uproar if Cuddles tries to rest. Switch to drain punch if you get hit more than once by struggle bug, or if Lockjaw or Mandarb are switched in.

Water pulse/Uproar/Drain punch x3

Jeez, who messed with the Cold Storage's temperature settings and put everyone into cold sleep for nearly three years? Well, it's all sorted out, now... Negrek, go ahead and post commands.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this one after all. I'll forfeit so Byrus can get his prizes and his slot back. Sorry for the head-fake.

I was under the impression that this doesn't take up a slot, actually, so I don't think it'd hurt anyone to just let this sit for a while until you're able to get to it again, if that's what you'd both like. Since this battle isn't in the db, it's not really a problem to have this suspended and not count for a slot until it resumes anyway.

If you'd rather close this, though, I'll let Zhorken know to tie things up.

Oh? My bad, I thought the reason you had to request for old battles to be revived was so they could be added to the db.

It's up to Byrus whether he wants to take the prizes or not. I don't mind leaving this lie, but I don't anticipate finishing it any time in the foreseeable future, either.

Well, if it doesn't take up a slot, I'd be fine with leaving it lie. If it does take a slot, then closure is okay with me.

Back
Top Bottom