• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] ole_schooler vs SomeGuy

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
1 vs 1
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills, direct healers
Terrain: Castelia City Square

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.

The pokémon:

Samurott (F) <Torrent>
Zoroark (F) <Illusion>
Watchog (M) <Keen Eye>
Druddigon (M) <Rough Skin>

1. ole_schooler chooses a pokémon
2. SomeGuy chooses a pokémon and attacks
3. ole_schooler attacks

Ah, a chance to battle with a Pokemon that does not look like a dog! Druddigon, I choose you! (And I shall call him Droogie.)

Aww, I wanted the dragon! In that case, I'll go with the zoroark. To which I will refer to as Arkie.

Start off with a Double Team (8 clones sounds about right). Then soften Droogie up with some Fake Tears and finish with a Night Daze.

Double Team~Fake Tears~Night Daze

Well then. Let's begin this horrorshow, my brother! (Aaaaand that's all my knowledge of Clockwork Orange used up.)

Droogie, start off with Snatching all those lovely clones for yourself, because who doesn't like to be surrounded by illusory doubles? If you don't think that will work (I don't know how Poke-physics work; maybe the clones will only work for her) go for an Aerial Ace instead to get the real fox in that mess. Next, do your best to disregard her tears while using Hone Claws. Finally, if she managed to hit you with that nighty-night attack, get your Revenge; otherwise, knock her down with your Superpower!

Snatch/Aerial Ace~Hone Claws~Revenge/Superpower

Scattered applause greets the trainers as they step up to the makeshift arena, turning their borrowed pokéballs over in their hands but not looking the slightest bit nervous. There is further excitement as the start of the match is announced and the trainers toss their pokéballs to the pavement, revealing their choices. ole_schooler's proves to be Droogie, a lumbering Druddigon who turns a jaded eye on the crowd, mustering no more than a snort in response to their excitement. Across from him appears Arkie the zoroark, not even bothering to wrap herself in her usual illusion and appearing baldly before Droogie, a broad grin across her foxlike snout. The pokémon size one another up as the commands start to fly and, at the referee's signal, the battle is begun.

Round One

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Double Team ~ Fake Tears ~ Night Daze
- Devious and mirthful.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 100%
Commands: Snatch/Aerial Ace ~ Hone Claws ~ Revenge/Superpower
- More than ready to get brawling.

Droogie's beady eyes narrow and he leans forward a bit, spreading his claws just slightly as dark energy ripples around their edges. Arkie is tensing too, getting ready to do what she does best and spin out some illusions. Just as she is about to leap into action, though, arcs of dark energy shoot from Droogie's fingers, stabbing into Arkie's chest and bursting out through her back. They don't hurt and do no obvious damage, but as they arc back and strike the ground in a line to either side of Droogie, taking the shape of eight druddigon sentinels, Arkie finds that her impetus has been ripped right out of her, every intent she has to use double team snatched away by Droogie.

Arkie glowers at the line of smirking druddigon, half furious and half puzzled as to how the hulking dragon got the drop on her. It's preposterous. It's humiliating. It's just... it's just unfair. A tear wells from the corner of the zoroark's eye. She sits down heavily, curling her tail around her legs, and weeps quietly into her paws. Droogie, who is drawing his claws back and forth over one another, sharpening grimly, is sure it must be an act. Nevertheless, as Arkie's crying goes on, he can't feel a bit uncomfortable and maybe, just maybe, a little guilty.

Arkie wipes a tear from the corner of her eye with the back of her paw, then grins nastily and slams both paws into the ground, sending a cloud of blackness at one of the druddigon across from her. The zoroark's poor luck continues, though--not only does the night daze fail to strike the real druddigon, but it misses the lot of them altogether, not even bursting a clone.

And, if there were ever any doubt that Arkie was insincere in her weeping, it has been thoroughly scrubbed from Droogie's mind. He and his clones close in on the zoroark, converging at a slow jog, and the zoroark's eyes dart from one to the other nervously, wondering from what direction the attack will come. A druddigon breaks free of the crowd, claws at the ready, and seizes her by the arm. With a roar, muscles knotting in his thick arms, Droogie lifts Arkie clear off the pavement, howling and struggling, and slams her back to the ground, then adds a few powerful blows for good measure. Though the superpower leaves Droogie winded and weary, he's better off than his target, lying stunned in the middle of the square while the druddigon fades back into the crowd of clones.

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 78%
Energy: 93%
Commands: Double Team ~ Fake Tears ~ Night Daze
- Feeling low and aching.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 83%
Commands: Snatch ~ Hone Claws ~ Superpower
- Feeling confident and in control. Has eight clones. -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Final Notes
- ole_schooler attacks first next round.

All right, nice job Droogie! Clearly, dragons are awesome, and you should continue being so! Let your foe know how awesome you are by Swaggering up and down the field, then give her a Glare for good measure. Finish off with a Focus Blast, because those are awesome. If, for reasons of Taunting, Substitute, Safeguard, Magic Coat, or the like, you cannot affect her with your first two attacks, switch to Focus Blast and Flamethrower.

Swagger/Focus Blast~Glare/Flamethrower~Focus Blast

That didn't go so well.

Since you're much faster than your foe, try to counter the Swagger with a Swagger of your own. Create a Substitute (10%) while you're at it , and then hit him with that Sucker Punch Faint Attack.

Swagger~Substitute (10%)~Faint Attack

Last edited:
Round Two

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 78%
Energy: 93%
Commands: Swagger/Focus Blast ~ Glare/Flamethrower ~ Focus Blast
- Feeling low and aching.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 83%
Commands: Swagger/Focus Blast ~ Glare/Flamethrower ~ Focus Blast
- Feeling confident and in control. Has eight clones. -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Arkie would really like nothing more than to lie where she's fallen and wait to get up until she can take a deep breath without doubling over in pain. Nevertheless, if she stays where she is, she's only going to suffer even worse injuries. The zoroark forces herself to rise and even put on her most glittering smile, and fortunately even in her injured state she's much quicker on the uptake on her opponent.

It is of this fact that she reminds him, doing her best to hide her discomfort as she struts around on the cobblestones, putting on her best show for a very hostile audience. The long line of Droogies isn't responding too well to her show of self-aggrandizement and unadulterated ego, moving in sync as they growl and crack their knuckles. When Arkie points out that among her many virtues is the fact that she doesn't look like a gargoyle's hind end, Droogie finally loses it. He makes a restless charge at his opponent, but she easily skips backwards and out of the way of his clumsy lunge, leaving him and his clones to faceplant spectacularly in the square.

The druddigon's blunder is amusing enough to make Arkie forget about some of her discomfort, and she doesn't hesitate to begin her next attack. The zoroark's shadow twitches and ripples, then flows out from underneath her and rises up into the air, like a piece of nighttime cut out of the midday brightness of the square. Shaped by Arkie's prodigious powers of illusion, it takes on roughly her shape, if a bit more bestial, and some of her energy as well--bright silver lights burn where the substitute's eyes should be and glimmer in a broad, sharp-edged smile across its muzzle.

Droogie slowly raises his head from the pavement. He's having some trouble getting his eyes to focus properly, but at least he can remember his command now. He coughs once, wrenchingly, then he and all his clones shoot jets of fire at Arkie. Much to his dismay, all nine flamethrowers miss spectacularly; his confusion must be affecting his aim a bit. Dejectedly, Droogie lets his chin fall back to the pavement. It's time for him to start thinking about getting up.

Arkie watches the druddigon carefully as he struggles to get his feet under him, lurching drunkenly as he slowly returns to a standing position. Droogie's mouth hangs slightly open and his tongue lolls out as he tries to fix his gaze on Arkie. He starts to blunder forward, arms waving pointlessly, but only ends up tripping and falling again. Arkie snickers, only a little disappointed that the druddigon's failure to actually attack has left her without an opening to get in a good sucker punch.

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 68%
Energy: 85%
Used: Swagger ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Nothing
- My, how the tables have turned! Has a substitute with 10% health.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 94%
Energy: 77%
Used: Confused ~ Flamethrower ~ Confused
- Completely addled. Confused (severe). Has eight clones. +2 Attack, -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Final Notes
- Sorry this took so long! I thought I'd posted it a few days ago.
- SomeGuy attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Wasn't Droogie supposed to use Flamethrower instead of Glare if Arkie created a substitute?

Well then. Let's get rid of those clones with a Faint Attack. After those are out of the way, hit Droogie with a nice Flamethrower and finish up with Toxic. If something prevents you from landing the first Faint Attack and Droogie's clones are still around, replace Flamethrower with Faint Attack. If that also doesn't get rid of them, replace Toxic with Faint Attack (but if that happens, this game is broken). If he protects against any attack, replace it with Nasty Plot.

Faint Attack/Nasty Plot~Flamethrower/Faint Attack/Nasty Plot~Toxic/Faint Attack/Nasty Plot

Edit: Confirming my commands.

Last edited:
...If, for reasons of Taunting, Substitute, Safeguard, Magic Coat, or the like, you cannot affect her with your first two attacks, switch to Focus Blast and Flamethrower...

Yeah, I think Droogie should have used Flamethrower. Also, why didn't Arkie use Faint Attack? (She was commanded to use that, not Focus Blast as in the notes.) I'd rather get this cleared up before issuing commands, and SomeGuy should get a chance to change commands too if the reffing changes.

Fixed glare -> flamethrower; sucker punch was the original command, and was changed to faint attack too late for me to include it.

Change commands if you want.

Thanks Negrek!

Okay, well, I hate confusion. Very, very much. Droogie, do your best to clear your head. I'd like you to build up a Substitute with 20% health on your first action. If you don't manage it, try again on your second action; if you do manage it, go for an Earthquake. Finally, if by the third action your foe's substitute is gone, go for another Superpower; if the sub is up, use Earthquake.

Substitute (20%)~Earthquake/Substitute (20%)~Superpower/Earthquake

Round Three

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Energy: 85%
Commands: Faint Attack/Nasty Plot ~ Flamethrower/Faint Attack/Nasty Plot ~ Toxic/Faint Attack/Nasty Plot
- My, how the tables have turned! Has a substitute with 10% health.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 94%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Substitute (20%)~Earthquake/Substitute (20%)~Superpower/Earthquake
- Completely addled. Confused (severe). Has eight clones. +2 Attack, -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Still smirking at Droogie, Arkie steps sideways and vanishes from view, slipping into a shadowy realm just on the other side of reality. Here, Droogie stands out clearly as he glows with life, while his clones are insubstantial shades. Creeping over to where the druddigon lies, Arkie positions herself behind the dragon, then pops back into the real world and deals him a powerful kick from behind. Droogie's clones pop out of existence as the dragon blearily twists around and snaps at Arkie, but the zoroark dances back and out of reach.

Droogie snorts and shakes his head, trying to clear it. He doesn't make a great deal of headway, but at least for now he seems to be functioning well enough to get a substitute together. The dragon wearily pushes himself back to his feet, then rips at the cobblestones with his claws, gathering a small pile of earth and tile. As he imbues it with a bit of his life's energy, it shifts and reforms of its own accord, taking the form of another druddigon with silver sparks for eyes.

The substitute isn't completed a moment too soon; it's only just been given life when it shoves Droogie back, stepping into the path of a streamer of flame from Arkie. The substitute's outer layer blackens and crumbles away, releasing an awful smell.

While his substitute is getting roasted, Droogie slams both his fists down on the pavement, sending a ripple of seismic energy moving towards a fault down below. Arkie braces herself to endure an earthquake, but there is nothing but a brief lull in the battle. Time stretches on, but no shaking starts. Droogie groans and clutches at his head. Did his confusion cause him to do something wrong?

Arkie throws her head back and laughs gleefully, but the sound of her mirth rapidly becomes bubbly and choking, and when she snaps her head forward again, it is to spit a messy stream of toxic fluid at Droogie. Once more the druddigon's substitute is there to intercept the attack, and though the draping of goo certainly doesn't improve its aesthetics, it's otherwise unaffected by the toxic attack.

Droogie, though, is working himself up to a confused terror, growling incoherently to himself and clutching at his head. He twists from side to side, trying to clear his mind, but only overbalances and falls over, waving limbs and tail uselessly as he feebly tries to rise.

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Energy: 74%
Used: Faint Attack ~ Flamethrower ~ Toxic
- Still feeling confident. Has a substitute with 10% health.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 62%
Energy: 61%
Used: Substitute (20%) ~ Earthquake ~ Confused
- Still suffering from strange delusions. Has a substitute with 12% health. Confused (moderate). +2 Attack, -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Final Notes
- Droogie's earthquake failed/missed.
- Sorry this took so long. I missed that SomeGuy was okay with his commands up there.
- ole_schooler attacks first next round.

ARG DROOGIE STOP BEING CONFUSED AND MISSING YOU DUNDERHEADED DRAGON. And I thought we were doing well...Okay, use Dragon Claw until the sub is down, then swap to Superpower. If the fox gets tricksy and is Protecting, has more than three clones, or is otherwise unhittable, do your best to clear your head (since you can't chill outright).

Earthquake~Earthquake/Superpower/clear your head~Earthquake/Superpower/clear your head

Urgh. Toxic? That was silly of me. Sorry, Arkie! Well, at least we're somewhat even now.

So, uh. I suppose we should focus on breaking that substitute, eh? Flamethrower it to oblivion. Once you've broken the sub, switch over to a Night Daze. Now! That Superpower's going to hurt, so I want you to Protect against the first one that would successfully hit you.

Flamethrower~Flamethrower/Night Daze/Protect~Flamethrower/Night Daze/Protect

Since I don't want to edit it, I accidentally put Earthquake in the bolded commands at the bottom; they should all be Dragon Claws. Thanks for the catch, SomeGuy!

Round Four

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Energy: 74%
Commands: Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower/Night Daze/Protect ~ Flamethrower/Night Daze/Protect
- Still feeling confident. Has a substitute with 10% health.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 61%
Commands: Dragon Claw ~ Dragon Claw/Superpower/clear your head x2
- Still suffering from strange delusions. Has a substitute with 12% health. Confused (moderate). +2 Attack, -1 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

While Droogie is still writhing around on the ground, Arkie breathes another flamethrower over the druddigon's substitute, charring it further and causing another layer of dirt and stone to crumble to the ground. By now, the substitute is much diminished, having lost most of its arms and tail and much of the definition of its head. It stands as firm as it can, though, and there's no question that it will do everything in its power to defend its master, even up to the point of its destruction.

Whether Droogie's fit simply plays itself out or he is revived by the pungent odor of burnt earth is unlcear. One way or another, the haze that has descended over the druddigon's mind is temporarily lifted, and he is able to return to his feet. He's a bit unsteady as he starts walking towards Arkie, but there's nothing wishy-washy about the fetching blue and purple flames that blossom around his powerful claws, nor about the sudden rush he makes at his opponent.

Finally called on to serve, Arkie's substitute is not about to be outsped by a Druddigon. The shadowy creature flows expertly between Arkie and Droogie, and Droogie, surprised, drags his claws through it, tearing it to ribbons of blackness that rapidly shrivel into nothing beneath the light of the sun. The substitute is utterly rent apart, its remains fading in a matter of seconds, and Droogie is left glaring directly at Arkie. You're next.

Arkie has to be careful now. She knows a superpower is supposed to be coming next--it all depends on whether Droogie can keep his head in the game long enough to start one up successfully. At the moment, it looks like he will. The dragon breathes deeply, gathering strength and focus as a reddish aura seeps out into the air around him. Then he lets out a terrific roar and hurls himself straight at Arkie.

The zoroark hastily snaps a protect shield into place, but it's a chore to hold it there once Droogie collides with it. The druddigon rebounds from the shield with a loud popping noise and a cascade of silver sparks, but he's back on his feet in a minute and pounding his fists against the energy barrier, each blow sending up another starburst of energy.

At last the dragon has to stop and catch his breath, and Arkie gratefully relaxes her defense. Droogie is already starting to work himself up again, red light flaring up from his scales, so she doesn't have a lot of time to waste. Once again the zoroark kindles flames in the pit of her belly, and once again she snaps her head forward, breathing out a concentrated streamer of fire.

And, as before, Droogie's substitute lumbers in to take the hit. This time, though, the avatar can't withstand Arkie's fire, and all that's left in the attack's wake is a sorry little pile of dust and stone.

Droogie bellows with rage, red light burning in his eyes, and leaps over the remains of his substitute. Seizing Arkie around the waist, he lifts her clear over his head and then slams her back to the pavement. The stricken zoroark chokes as the breath is knocked from her body, but Droogie's not done yet. He has no qualms about hitting an opponent while they're down, and proves as much by unleashing a furious flurry of slow but powerful punches and kicks on the helpless Arkie. As his attack comes to an end, he's left shivering and gasping for breath, but at least he's in a better state than Arkie--bleeding and lying dazed on the pavement.

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 46%
Energy: 56%
Used: Flamethrower ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower
- Lying on the ground, breathless.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 42%
Used: Dragon Claw ~ Superpower x2
- Winded. Confused (mild). -3 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Final Notes
- SomeGuy attacks first next round.

Eek! Start off with a Torment to prevent him from spamming Superpower, then hit him with a Grass Knot twice, since he's pretty heavy. If your opponent is a coward and decides to Protect, Nasty Plot.

Torment/Nasty Plot ~ Grass Knot/Nasty Plot x2

Last round, buddy. We have the barest of edges; let's make it count! Start with a 20% Substitute, then a Focus Blast. If your sub is down, finish off with some long-awaited Revenge; otherwise, Superpower it up one last time.

20% Substitute~Focus Blast~Revenge/Superpower

Last edited:
Round Five

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 46%
Energy: 56%
Commands: Torment/Nasty Plot ~ Grass Knot/Nasty Plot x2
- Lying on the ground, breathless.

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Energy: 42%
Commands: 20% Substitute ~ Focus Blast ~ Revenge/Superpower
- Winded. Confused (mild). -3 Defense, -2 Special Defense, +1 Accuracy

Arkie sits up with some difficulty, choking as she tries to get her breathing under control. From her half-reclining position on the ground, she waves a limp paw in Droogie's direction and gasps out a challenge. Huh, is that the best Droogie can do? If he wants to win, he's going to have to try to do better than that. Another superpower like that? Yeah, Arkie could shrug that off no problem. Get a new strategy, musclehead.

Droogie is breathing heavily himself, but fortunately he doesn't need to do anything too strenuous at the moment either. He snorts and bares his teeth at Arkie, a little unsettled by her words despite himself. He wasn't even planning to use another superpower, though, so he hardly dwells on them. Instead he takes claw to pavement, ripping up cobblestones and tearing into the earth beneath. The druddigon amasses a sizable mound of earth and stone, then molds it into a passable druddigon-shape. Then comes the taxing part--breathing life into the future substitute. Droogie does so, then is forced to sit back, panting, as the earthy creature stirs, bands of silver light defining its form and twin sparks of energy winking to life in its eye sockets.

By this point, Arkie has managed to get back to her feet, and exerting influence over the plantlife under Droogie's feet, causes dormant seeds to sprout and send questing shoots up between the cobblestones, hoping to ensnare the druddigon. Droogie's new substitute is quick to push its master out of the way, though. While the earthen dragon is significantly lighter than its creator, it still takes a fair amount of damage as malignant blades of grass twine around its ankle and pull it off-balance so that it topples heavily to the pavement.

Droogie, meanwhile, has recovered a bit of his breath but not, it seems, his sense. His confusion is acting up again, and though he tries to channel the fighting energy for his focus blast, his grip on the attack keeps slipping. Amber light sparkles and flickers between his claws, but Droogie never manages to get it to build up properly without fizzling and burning his fingers.

Arkie once again rallies the local vegetation to attack her opponent, but as before the substitute intervenes, taking Droogie's fall for him. The druddigon is free to take as much time as he needs to calm down, clear his head, and prepare for his big finisher. This he does, flexing his claws, stamping his feet, and ignoring Arkie's earlier jibes as he gets psyched up for his next attack.

At last he lets out a bloodthirsty roar and runs forward, an angry red aura suffusing the air around him. Arkie stifles a groan as she recognizes the all-too-familiar superpower, but there's nothing she can do as Droogie slams into her, grappling with her for a moment before managing to lift her off her feet and hurl her away across the arena. He sets on the vulnerable zoroark while she's down, a temporary burst of strength lending extra force to his punches and kicks.

When at last fatigue forces Droogie to retreat and recuperate, Arkie is again lying on the ground in pain. The referee gives the signal that the battle is over, but both pokémon are still standing. Arkie slowly gets back to her feet, and she and Droogie eye one another across the arena, the two of them shifting nervously and trying to look as vital as they can as they await the final verdict.

SomeGuy (O)
zoroark
Arkie (F) <Illusion>
Health: 25%
Energy: 46%
Total: 71
Used: Torment ~ Grass Knot x2
Victorious!

ole_schooler (O)
druddigon
Droogie (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 41%
Energy: 23%
Total: 64
Used: 20% Substitute ~ Focus Blast ~ Revenge
Eliminated!

In the end, it is determined that Arkie wins by a nose. The zoroark grins broadly, while Droogie lets out a roar of frustrated rage and smashes a cobblestone with his fist. He blames luck as much as everything else for loss, and if he weren't quite so tired, they'd be lucky to stop him from springing at Arkie and grinding that smug dark type's face into the dirt. As it is, the two trainers are instead called on to meet at the arena for a post-battle handshake, and the pokémon are recalled in short order. The crowd cheers for an exciting, back-and-forth battle and, in the end, an explosive and close finish.

Someguy wins $10 and advances to the next round. ole_schooler gets $5, and I get $15. That was a great match! Good luck in the next round, SomeGuy.

Back
Top Bottom