• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[20 more players needed!] MAFIA PLAYERS UNITE!

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
NOTICE THE CAPS LOCK?

This is me trying to start a huge mafia. I mean huge. We've had ten player games. We've had 20 player games, even thirty.​

I'm looking for a 40 PLAYER GAME. Or as big as it can get.​

It's going to be standard roles.​

Mafia Roles:
Mafia Don/Mafia goons
Role-Blocker
Silencer
Framer
Godfather
Doctor​

Innocent Roles:

Coroner
Doctors
Inspectors
Lovers (two pairs)
Fishing Brothers
Masons
Granny
Seer
Vigilante​

Others:

Alien (one and only one!)
Puppies (I still don't get it, but if it gets me another player. *rolls eyes*)​

RULES:

1. Out of thread communication is ALLOWED.
2. Inactivity sucks. If you have a role and don't use it for three nights you get modkilled.
3. ABSTAINS FOR ALL
4. Actions not sent in WILL NOT HAPPEN, same with votes.
*5. Phases will last ABOUT 48 hours (give or take a little, we aren't all perfect, nor have ready internet access). This is more than enough time to get online and send in your vote/night action. Extensions will be 24 hours each and will be given as needed at the GM's discretion.
**6. Lynches will happen only on a majority vote.

* Since there seems to be some issues on this recently.
** Since this is also apparently an issue.

Last edited:
Re: BIG MAFIA

...If you're going to have a 40-person mafia, make it interesting! We all can't just be vanilla with so few actual roles!

If we're suggesting odd things...

There should be a yakuza and a motivator! Maaaybe lovers?

All for Granny and Lovers... can't believe I forgot them. I'll add fishing brothers and millers too. Haha maybe screw with you guys and make a mafia death miller.

There, changed things up.

Last edited:

mafia doctors should totally be a thing! or doctor, in any case.

also active-variant innocent children! if called puppies, bluzzy can kick them, too

investigator as a role is ugly unless mitigating factors exist.

uh why is godfather listed under innocent and what is a seer supposed to be?

sanities are terrible, friends don't let friends play with sanity, don't do it, it will simply drive everyone else insane.

I assume this is to be an open setup?

Pretty open, yeah...

I forgot about sanities... heeheehee.

Gotta remind myself this isn't bastard mafia.

res: Seer gets to ask one yes/no question per night.

And why is godfather there? Shitthefuh.... *fixes.

right, and powerless miller is also kind of a bastard role in that it's a purely negative effect to that player's own faction.

(any insanity is, likewise, a bastard role because information is precious in mafia and if the gm is giving bad information without giving reason the believe the information might be false, then, well. see: people claiming other people might be paranoid cop.)

I'm partial to miller+mason which does dampen the power of the cop, while also providing informational power. and, well, a decent fluff excuse.

Maybe a Double Agent like character.. Like one who is always viewed as Innocent when they are part of the Mafia, and vice versa with a mafia betrayer.

Or how about the Embalmer role, where the target's death is faked and is then resurrected the following cycle? That always creates some confusion.

Actually yeah you're right, just give me any killing role and call any role "puppy" and I'll kick them. Brutally.

Back
Top Bottom