• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2012: Doom year? O_O

2012 = Doomsday?

• Yes...and we must fear it!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I think that it's possible

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I'm very skeptical about it...

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
Apparently the Mayans were good at predicting things.
I'm not sure if this is true, though.

Isaac Newton predicts that if you drop something, it goes down.

I think Issac Newton predicted the world would end in 2066.

Hey, I believe him more than the Mayans. >>
Me too.

And, if the world was to end soon, I'd make the best of my life. I voted "hell no", btw ^^

I voted "I'm very skeptical about it...", but where is the "Why should I care?" option?
What do you mean, "Why should I care"? Of course you should care! I mean, I know apathy is cool and all, but if there was proof that the world would end in 2012, you'd want to spend your last couple years on Earth much differently than you would otherwise, right? If the world was going to end, wouldn't you want to forget about having a retirement fund and just spend all your money on fancy restaurants, exciting vacations, and other luxuries? Wouldn't you want to drop out of school too, because you would have a future to worry about either? And of course in the last week you might as well go skydiving, or run naked through a public place, or something awesome and risky like that, right? So, uh, you should definitely care?

MORAL: Hey I know not caring is all the rage right now, but do you know what was all the rage in Nazi Germany? HITLER.

(I don't mean to sound like I think the world will end, because that's just ridiculous. It's not going to end.)

Yes, but if you were given proof that the world was going to end, ,and then you spend all of your money etc. what if then it turns out it doesn't end after all?

It could mess up your entire life.

Although I do agree that we'd care a lot more if we had a little proof.

The mayan thing went back to 0. Doesn't mean the world will end, just a huge enormous change to the world 8D

EDIT: Gasp, World War III! :)

Hmm, it would appear 2012 would also be the 100th anniversary of the Titanic >_>

Does that mean anything? WILL THE WORLD HIT AN ICEBERG AND DIE?! :O /sarcasm

The mayan thing went back to 0. Doesn't mean the world will end, just a huge enormous change to the world 8D

EDIT: Gasp, World War III! :)
I thought on that day their calender changes to 13.0.0.0 and stops afterward.

I can't remember where I read that, though.

Hey, guys. I have a question.

What makes you think that somehow, an ancient civilization with no access to technology at all could accurately predict the end of the world, while we, who have figured out all sorts of things using science and computers, can't?

Because we don't have a good imagination and are very close minded.
If, say Jesus was born nowadays, instead of starting Christianity, he's be carted off to a mental asylum.

I don't think that predicted right though. I voted 'hell no'.

How can animals predict danger when we can't despite our technology?

No...
I'm bad at explaining things, okay. (remember, I don't believe it either)

I mean just because we have a certain logical way of thinking, it doesn't mean that the only way of thinking.

Maybe back then astrology actually worked (although I doubt it) and wasn't just a way of getting idiots to pay for their fortune told.

It's not going to happen. I have never been so sure of anything in my entire life.

Okay, that's a lie. But still. I am 100% sure: it's not going to happen.

If by 'it', you mean the end of the world, then I agree.

But I think something will happen. The sun switched poles. Maybe animals will get all disoriented for a second?

That's not going to happen either.

Nothing's going to happen.

ETA: Look, it's fun to believe that there are ancient conspiracies and other paranormal stuff, but if we're being serious, this is all just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've said this a few times, but feel like repeating it here:

If someone ever predicts the end of the world, you should tell them they're stupid and wrong. That way, you get to rub it in their faces if you're right, and you'll both be too dead to care if they're right. Flawless logic :3
You, ma'am win over 9000 internets.

If it does end then it will be a glorious year for Great Britain ENGLAND as that is the date that we are having the Olympics here, the last nation on Earth to host the Olympics is a pretty big honour. Wait, 21st of December, thats 5 days after my birthday!

I fixed it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom