• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2012 US Presidential Election

Now, my perceptions of the US Greens are based off their policy platform in 2010 so I may be wrong here, but whereas they advocate a 0.5% tax on wealth over $5million, the Greens in England and Wales support an increase in the top band of income tax, which I disagree with, as well as turning away from capitalism. It doesn't really have a particularly coherent crime strategy, and wants to nationalise a lot of things, which I disagree with also, and the new leader has come out totally against any cuts to public services and actually wants to increase spending above levels at the moment. Needless to say, I think that's ludicrous.

Now, my perceptions of the US Greens are based off their policy platform in 2010 so I may be wrong here, but whereas they advocate a 0.5% tax on wealth over $5million, the Greens in England and Wales support an increase in the top band of income tax, which I disagree with, as well as turning away from capitalism. It doesn't really have a particularly coherent crime strategy, and wants to nationalise a lot of things, which I disagree with also, and the new leader has come out totally against any cuts to public services and actually wants to increase spending above levels at the moment. Needless to say, I think that's ludicrous.
I currently don't have access to healthcare. I have multiple (untreated) psychosocial disabilities. I don't have access to public transportation. I'm a barely-employed, full-time student with an expired pittance of a state scholarship. Oh, and my parents still make under six figure annually despite three income flows, and they're better off than probably 90% of the state.

Capitalism is so great, why don't you come join us?

I've health insurance from multiple sources and it still leaves me paying at least $1k a month in medical bills on a regular basis.

I didn't have health ins as an adult until about a half a year ago. Now I'm on MinnesotaCare, which goes off your wage. It's actually cheaper than the one my work would offer me, which I can't take. This was a last resort, because if I got sick or in an accident while not having ins. I would be so screwed.

It's $3 co pay, then $3 per perscription and refills.

So today I found out I'm a democrat. This is a really good evaluation form -- it includes a number of options for detailed opinions and includes a scale of relative importance for each question. Then it lets you compare your answers side by side with the candidates and shows you their "Passion," meaning how central the issue is to their platform, and "Conviction," which takes into account the candidate's history on the matter. I sided 83% with Obama, and a pitiful 37% with Romney. (no, it's not supposed to add up to 100)

Last edited:
93% Stein, 90% Obama, 98% Democrat

But I can't vote and even if I did I would vote Obama. Can't let Romney win Virginia.

My in-depth results:

Obama- 86% on social, foreign policy, economic, immigration, environmental, and science
Johnson- 80% on domestic, social, healthcare, immigration, and science
Stein- 79% on economic, foreign policy, social, science, and immigration
Anderson- 58% on social
Romney- 18% on nothing
Goode- 7% on nothing

On the parties, I'm 92% Democrat, 65% Green, 55% Libertarian, and 6% Republican.

I took this awhile back.

Stein - 84%
Anderson - 71%
Johnson - 69%
Obama - 63%
Goode - 12%
Romney - 8%

Results are a little skewed because I answered equal marriage questions with a custom answer.

Some of you guys are really polarized! My detailed score was...

83% Obama
75% Johnson
73% Stein
62% Anderson
37% Romney
11% Goode

86% Democrat
77% Green
44% Republican
20% Libertarian

I can't figure out why I got 75% on Johnson but only 20% Libertarian.

http://www.isidewith.com/results/83569265
if you disagree with me re: healthcare, you're wrong :'(

President
84% Jill Stein
76% Rocky Anderson
65% Barack Obama
63% Gary Johnson
7% Mitt Romney
3% Virgil Goode
51% Maryland Voters
51% American Voters

Parties you side with...
87% Green
78% Democrat
39% Libertarian
3% Republican

Oh that's cool, if you click on those links you can compare your own results with that person. Here's my results after playing around a bit more with the issue ranking. My results were (quite a bit) more polarized this time, so that must be it.

a3zWw.png
a goode choice for president

Back
Top Bottom