• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How are you feeling about the infamouse 12/21/12 date?

• OH GOD.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "end-of-the-world side"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "not-gonna-happen side"

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Yeah right. I seriously doubt anything's going to happen.

Votes: 74 80.4%

• Total voters
I still haven't left my Y2K shelter

thankfully the day I started running low on water was the same day the toilet broke

Like someone said a page before, the Mayan calendar never said "WORLD ENDS NOW!" or something. It's the coming of a new age. I think the worse that could ever happen is that you forgot to see your milk's expiration date is 12/21/12 and drink it anyway but otherwise, I still expect the sun to come out from the east of the horizon that day... or not to have any random desctruction happen. I'm pretty sure some website deconstructed any "prediction" made... I just can't recall which.

But yeah, I'm more worried of an asteroid that thinks it's a good idea to be on our planet's trajectory. More chance that happens imo. Those pesky world-destrying chunk of space rock and ice. >8C

But yeah, I'm more worried of an asteroid that thinks it's a good idea to be on our planet's trajectory. More chance that happens imo. Those pesky world-destrying chunk of space rock and ice. >8C

Nah, I think some horribly destructive event (e.g. Yellowstone erupting) coinciding with 2012 is more likely than an asteroid impact. Especially since an asteroid large enough to cause mass extinction would be seen coming years in advance.

Nah, I think some horribly destructive event (e.g. Yellowstone erupting) coinciding with 2012 is more likely than an asteroid impact. Especially since an asteroid large enough to cause mass extinction would be seen coming years in advance.

True, true. :v I just like big flash of light explosion. :c And fffff if it does, then they'll think that it's 2012, not just.. Yellowstone being a bomb already set since a while. XC

According to my science teacher the earth will be parallel to the black hole in the center of the galaxy in 2012.

The moon may float away,but that's about it....

According to my science teacher the earth will be parallel to the black hole in the center of the galaxy in 2012.

what

how on earth can a sphere be parallel to a plane

Well, I personally think that nothing is going to happen. People just saw the Mayan calendar/other cultures' calendars end on 2012 and automatically assumed that they're hinting the end of the world. :unsure:

However, pretty interesting things are sceduled to happen in 2012, but not on the 21st of December. Like, Venus is supposed to pass in betweeen the Earth and the sun. And in March 14, Venus, Jupiter, and the moon will make a rare alignment that looks like a happy face. See here:
Sky.0001-725324.jpg

Or, go here to read the article.

Didn't the Mayan 2012 happen like three years ago or something? Since the calendar system's changed a couple times since then

People said that that the world was going to end at 06/06/06, but nothing happened then, either, so I don't really think anything will happen what so ever.

Like almost everyhting ever it will be a pile of crap, nothing will happen and there is nothing to get excited in any sense of the word about 12/21/12.

Uh. What.

The earth is a sphere. The black hole is a singularity, and for argument's sake, we'll call it a point.

Math states that a sphere can't be parallel to a point. Therefore, the end of the world won't happen.

Yay.

I think people just believe in the end of the world because it's exciting and stuff. Like god or something.

Oh, and question: since there's time zones and stuff, will the end of the world happen later in Australia than in America? Or are the Mayans not sophisticated enough to take timezones into their calculation considerations?

Back
Top Bottom