• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

WHY AM I NOT ON THAT LIST?

Oh whatever.

Holy crap if it does end on that date I'll never get to finish college. D:

I'm there too!

And guess what? This place has had 1337 threads >:D I actually waited for it to get 1337 then I took a screen shot of it :D

Proof.
nnwr3r.png

:snerk: Google is now official even more epic than before.

OH, and people, if you're going off the Hitchhikers movie, the new one, DON'T. It is made of fail and lose. The books are much better.

The real joke about the number isn't the fact that it's totally random, it's the fact that it's the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, and the answer only makes sense if you know the Question to Life, the Universe and Everything. The books never say what the question actually is, but some possibilities are "How many roads must a man walk down?", "Pick a number, any number", and "What is six times nine?"

The real joke about the number isn't the fact that it's totally random, it's the fact that it's the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, and the answer only makes sense if you know the Question to Life, the Universe and Everything. The books never say what the question actually is, but some possibilities are "How many roads must a man walk down?", "Pick a number, any number", and "What is six times nine?"

Or, "Where does it end" as suggested by my previous reply.

ff

the Ultimate Question is "WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU MULTIPLY SIX BY NINE?"

I always thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.

I thought the question was "What is the Answer?"

edit: @evilcrazymonkey, that's the point of the joke, although consider

Code:
#define SIX 5 + 1
#define NINE 8 + 1

int answer = SIX * NINE;

I thought six times nine is 54.
captainobvious.jpg

Yeah, the joke is that six times nine isn't 42, and that's why we supposedly have such a fucked up universe. Six times nine does equal 42 in base 13, but Douglas Adams has said "I don't write jokes in base 13." So, that option's out. :P

captainobvious.jpg

Yeah, the joke is that six times nine isn't 42, and that's why we supposedly have such a fucked up universe. Six times nine does equal 42 in base 13, but Douglas Adams has said "I don't write jokes in base 13." So, that option's out. :P

If this was You laugh You lose I would have lost.

42=The Meaning of Life: RANDOMNESS.

No. Just.... just stop. You're ruining it for me. It has nothing to do with your so-called 'randomness' that people in your age group seem to think is funny.

It is not the meaning of life. It is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Go and read the book. You should be able to borrow it from any decent library.

but... but... it actually was random, wasn't it? Didn't Adams himself say he had no real reason for picking the number?

Back
Top Bottom