• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

5th Gen New Pokemon Ideas

No more rock type gyms.
A dark type gym.
Gym/E4 rebattles.

I liked the rebattle system of Emerald, and in Firered/Leafgreen, the E4 got stronger. Using both at the same time would make the game better. And yes, I'm tired of Rock-Types. Why don't they have a Normal-Type gym at the begining, since begining trainers are only going to have normal, flying, either fire, water, or grass, and possibly a bug type too. And Dark-Type Gym=YES!

Uhh...

More Eeveelutions. A Dragon one, a Ghost one, a Poison one, maybe a Flying one, those could work. A Bug one could work. Maybe.
More Fire Pokemon. And less Water ones.
More Ground Pokemon. And less Water ones.
A Dark gym.
A goat.
More dual-types we haven't seen, like Fighting/Flying or Fire/Water.
And a Fighting legendary.

Those could all be awesome.

Rabbits/Hares, Koalas, Dolphins/Orca, Goats, Stegosauri, Raptors, Badgers, Peafowl, Wolves, Swans, Tigers... the list goes on.

Oooh, and Kangaskhan, Miltank/Tauros, Lapras and Skarmory pre-evolutions.

All of these are in my fake region, which, of course, is why I put them here by, uh, a strange coincidence.

In seriousness, it's the other way around, I put them in by region way back then because I wanted to see something like it, but oh well.

Oh, and to whomever said there are no lion Pokémon earlier in the thread... the Shinx line are definitely lions.

Last edited:
^ NEVER! THEY CAN'T RUIN THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS SKARMORY BY MAKING A PRE-EVOLUTION!!!!

Yeah. An evolution of Skarmory would be nice though.

A pure-flying type pokemon.

A Lucario evolution.

More. Fire. Types. Before. National. Dex.

A Fire-type legendary that's not mixed with Flying- or Steel-type.

A Rotom evolution. Because Rotom isn't a legendary and it'd be freaky.

My ideas:
A little green blob that evolves into a kelp guy that looks kind of like a cross
A porkupine with crystal spines
A pre evelution to Plusle and Minun
A pokemon that is based of a catail plant and a bird
A worm pokemon (btw wurmple is a caterpiller!)
A Chick pokemon, a rooster pokemon, and a chicken pokemon
A Silkworm pokemon
An Electric kitten
A floting bunch of spores pokemon that are a pre evelution to shroomish
A a fog pokemon
A Leech pokemon

The Pokémon do have more applications than just the games, of course, although unless seeing it in the same old animé or perhaps the TCG or something is one of the applications people are concerned about they could really just create the Pokémon themselves. Which is usually what I end up doing anyway :D

And strong Pokémon like Skarmory will never, ever get an evolution. Not unless they give evolutions to Blissey and Tyranitar and maybe Lugia :/

...that, or I suppose the evolution could just be a stat-redistribution like Scyther/Scizor, but that isn't likely.

I wasn't suggesting that they actually give Tyranitar an evolution or add to a three-stage line, merely that something that powerful just isn't going to get one unless it's a stat redistribution. An attack-based Skarmory or something, dunno.

The death of Sceptile and an Archaeopteryx evolution for it instead.

Okay, let's see...
New Pokémon:
Arctic Fox, Artic Hare, Arctic Tern, Orca, Falcon, a better looking Jellyfish Pokémon. A tree Pokémon, that isn't Sudowoodo. Another flying type fossil. It's not just water Pokémon that can sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Evolutions:
Cerberus evolution for Houndoom perhaps?
An evolution for Mightyena would also be good.

Things that should stay the same:
Lapas and Skarmory being stand alone Pokémon.

They seriously need a cuter cat Pokemon. Meowth's design, IMO, is very lacking, and Skitty has perpetually closed eyes and Glameow, while quite cute in the Anime, lacks something. A black cat Pokemon, perhaps?

They need a goat. D: And they need to stop making fire-types with visible fire. Especially fire starters. Pokemon don't need to be color-coded and/or have visible examples of their element. Not all fire-types should be orange. Not all electric-types should be yellow. A fireball is not a good idea for a fire starter. (Actually, that's as much to fakemon makers as well as the official Pokemon people.)

Um, as for evolutions. Do something to Dunsparce; a Dragon-type evolution would be wonderful. <3 Leave Absol as a standalone, though. I wouldn't mind a Skarmory pre, actually. If it was catchable early on, I could get a steel-type on my team that I actually like. :D And more alternate evos, though actually I wouldn't mind if we went without more Eeveelutions. << Seven is enough, enough I say. I like the idea of a Cerberus Houndoom evo and an Archaeopteryx Grovyle alt (not gonna happen, alas... they put their starter Pokemon on a high pedestal and don't touch them.)

Also, um... Ice Forme Shaymin? |D *shot* I actually love the legendary formes idea. :< Call me crazy.

A fireball is not a good idea for a fire starter. (Actually, that's as much to fakemon makers as well as the official Pokemon people.)

I used to think that was a good idea, when I was little and used to constantly try to make up regions. The starter was always a fireball, which evolved into a bigger fireball, which evolved into a fire-man.

Um, as for evolutions. Do something to Dunsparce; a Dragon-type evolution would be wonderful.

I made one of theeese~

It's called Sparcepent.

ULTRA WANTS HER PEAFOWL AND LIONFISH POKES AND SHE WANTS THEM....soon.

Involuntary Twitch said:
They need a goat.

...AND A GOAT, TOO!

Espeon said:
Okay, let's see...
New Pokémon:
Arctic Fox, Artic Hare, Arctic Tern, Orca, Falcon, a better looking Jellyfish Pokémon. A tree Pokémon, that isn't Sudowoodo. Another flying type fossil. It's not just water Pokémon that can sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Evolutions:
Cerberus evolution for Houndoom perhaps?
An evolution for Mightyena would also be good.

Things that should stay the same:
Lapas and Skarmory being stand alone Pokémon.

oh god. I think I love you.

Hmm, my ideas:

NEW POKEMON:
Another shark Pokemon
Perhaps a new jellyfish Pokemon or super common water-type to relplace Tentacool / cruel
Four-leaf-clover Pokemon (I sense super-rareness!)

PRE EVOLUTIONS (Not that I really think we need them):
Absol
Kecleon
Miltank / Tauros (Obviously)
Kangaskhan (This is pretty much implied by everyone now)
Scyther (Just because I love Descith :D)
Carnivine (I think it just needs one)
Volbeat / Illumise (Male = Volbeat, Female = Illumise)

EVOLUTIONS:
Farfetch'd (It needs to have SOME worth...)
Eevee (A dragon one since that's all we need)
Remoraid (Branched evo...?)
Luvdisc (I don't know how, but we need it)
Absol (SUPERGOAT!!)
Dunsparce (Pretty please :D)
Corsola (Maybe. I don't really care, but maybe...)
Lumineon

Back
Top Bottom