• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [Defense/Accused/Lovers win]

Re: Ace Attorney Mafia [Day 2]

Since we have 1 abstain left, we should probably save it.

ShinyAbsol

I'm pretty sure there were, at least at the beginning of the game, 3 killing roles in total -- if that helps anything.

I'm pretty sure there were, at least at the beginning of the game, 3 killing roles in total -- if that helps anything.

Correct. Newton said there were three people per faction, so

Killers: 0
Prosecution: 2
Defense: 2
Accused: 3

So, this is why we should lynch the remaining two Prosecution, which are ShinyAbsol and Mr. Moon.

Last edited:

Yes, I can prove it. For you see, you must know what the factions can and cannot do, correct?

Well, I'm apart of the Defense Faction; The defense faction knows who the Accused are, who I know. Since there are 3 people per faction, and since some people died, we can infer that there are 2 prosecution left. WELL, there are 7 players left living; and three are accused while two are defense. The Defense know who the Accused are, so that makes all five players of the Accused and Defense faction known, and the remaining two are the Prosecution, which are ShinyAbsol and Mr.Moon.

So yeah...The proof is right there...

Re: Ace Attorney Mafia [Night 2]

After information came to light regarding the identities of those who remained, the court decided to lynch the poor detective Dick Gumshoe under vague suspicions of complicity in some crime or another. As he was dragged up in front of the crowd, he yelled out "hey, pal! What did I ever do!"

shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe - Prosecution) was lynched

Two days for night actions

Re: Ace Attorney Mafia [Night 2]

Following yesterday's reveal, there was little doubt about what would happen. When everyone woke the next morning, the big news was the death of the master prosecutor, Manfred von Karma. He appears to have been stabbed twice. The mourning didn't last long as the defense and the accused celebrated their joint victory. Meanwhile, two of the group snuck off to celebrate in their own way.

Mr. Moon (Manfred von Karma) was killed

Defense/Accused/Lovers win

I'll post everyone's role and such next for the curious.

Roles:

Defense said:
Phoenix Wright - ole_schooler
(The GM will send a PM each night detailing a piece of evidence you have found. This evidence will somehow be related to the identity of one of the killers. In addition, the first time you are attacked at night you will survive.)

Mia Fey - DarkAura
(Once you are dead, each night you may choose to use one of two abilities. You may either ask the GM any question that would not directly reveal the identity of a player, or you may give a message to another (non-defense) player by sending the message and name of the player to the GM. You may not use both abilities in one night.)

Ema Skye - Windyragon
(You are an investigator. Once per night you may PM the name of one player to the GM to learn their character and faction.)

Prosecution said:
Miles Edgeworth - Mr. Fancy Pants
(Once in the game during a day phase, you may PM the GM to lynch a chosen player. This player will be lynched regardless of, and instead of, whomever is voted for.)

Dick Gumshoe - shinyabsol
(You are an investigator. Once per night you may PM the name of one player to the GM to learn their character and faction. You may also choose once in the game to save someone from being lynched, sacrificing yourself instead by PMing this request to the GM during the day, stating who you will sacrifice yourself for. If this person is not lynched, you will still be alive and will not use up this power.)

Manfred von Karma - Mr. Moon
(Once per game during a night phase, you may PM the GM the name of one player to kill. You will appear as a killer if inspected.)

Accused said:
Maya Fey - Superbird
(Each night, you may ask the GM any question that would not directly reveal the identity of a player. You will appear as a member of the defense if inspected.)

Larry Butz - Land Shark
(You are a lover. On the first night, you must choose your fellow lover. They will be notified and you may communicate with each other as indicated in a subsequent PM. You win if you are both still alive at endgame, and if either of you is killed the other dies too.)

Lana Skye - Flareth
(Once per night you may PM the name of one player to the GM to kill them.)

Killers said:
Redd White - Wargle
(You are a silencer. Once per night you may PM the name of one player to the GM to prevent them from posting the following day. You may also, once in the game, make a player's lynch vote not count by PMing the name of the player to the GM during a day phase.)

Yanni Yogi - Flower Doll
(Once per night you may PM the GM a short sentence (no more than five words) and the name of another player. Polly will repeat that sentence to the player named.)

Damon Gant - LS99
(Once per night you may PM the name of one player to the GM to kill them.)

Actions:

Night 0
ole_schooler (Phoenix Wright) finds a parrot feather
Windyragon (Ema Skye) investigates Mr. Fancy Pants (Miles Edgeworth)
shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe) investigates DarkAura (Mia Fey)
Superbird (Maya Fey) asks "How many killers are there?" (Three)
Flower Doll (Yanni Yogi) says
Wargle (Redd White) silences Mr. Fancy Pants (Miles Edgeworth)
Flareth (Lana Skye) kills Wargle (Redd White)
LS99 (Damon Gant) kills Mr. Fancy Pants (Miles Edgeworth)
Land Shark (Larry Butz) becomes lovers with Windyragon (Ema Skye)

Day 1
5 votes for abstain
1 vote for Flower Doll (Yanni Yogi)
Abstain

Night 1
ole_schooler (Phoenix Wright) finds a rose-patterned bowl of noodles
Windyragon (Ema Skye) investigates
shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe) investigates Windyragon (Ema Skye)
Superbird (Maya Fey) asks
Flower Doll (Yanni Yogi) says
Flareth (Lana Skye) kills Flower Doll (Yanni Yogi)
LS99 (Damon Gant) kills ole_schooler (Phoenix Wright)
Mr. Moon (Manfred von Karma) kills LS99 (Damon Gant)

Day 2
DarkAura (Mia Fey) devotes shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe)
4-1 votes for shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe)
shinyabsol (Dick Gumshoe) lynched

Night 2
Flareth (Lana Skye) kills Mr. Moon (Manfred von Karma)

Discussion Boards:

Defense
Prosecution
Accused
Killers

Call me a sore loser, but the prosecution was extremely underpowered.

The accused and the killers got a factional kill, and the defense got a lot of means to gather information (not to mention a head start, since they knew who the accused were). And what did we have? Two one-shot powers and something that the defense also gets. Admitedly, my governoring skill might have been briefly useful in that last poll, but LS99 figured he'd night-one my ass.

Also, you definitely don't put this much killing power in a twelve-player game without any healing. Unless you want it to end really fast.

I struggled with making it balanced, but I figured the defense and prosecution both had a killing faction "on their side," so to speak, and the only reason I had the defense know the accused was because their win condition involved having at least one accused alive, while prosecution didn't require anything related to the killers. And one of the defense's powers can only be used once dead, so... (also I kinda forgot about Feenie's bulletproof-ness, so that didn't even happen)

But yeah I probably should have had a healer, but I leaned more towards making it fit with the character than making it like vanilla mafia.

I think it was more that the killers were just really unlucky, leaving you guys at a disadvantage.

Also I got in way over my head for my first attempt at GMing.

Hm... Well, fitting roles aren't worth as much if the game doesn't give each of these roles a fair shot a victory.

But, if this is your first attempt at GMing, I guess troubles with balancing are to be expected. It can be difficult even when you already have some experience. So, not much of a blame there.

Back
Top Bottom