• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

Vixie, I think you're being overly suspicious. There is no reason to think Butterfree is mafia; surely a doctor healing her is more likely.

Vixie, I think you're being overly suspicious. There is no reason to think Butterfree is mafia; surely a doctor healing her is more likely.
I said I was not accusing her yet! But getting a confirmation of a heal would be nice, yes? I mean, there had been no oracle activity earlier; an observant player would have noticed that and perhaps seized the opportunity to make a wild claim that more people would be inclined to believe rather than a simple one like doctor.

But, if the Mafia were intelligent, Butterfree might also not be their number one target because of her being a prime target for the healers as well. So they could have assumed she would be healed and decided to try not wasting their time by targeting someone else. In which case, it is possible that we have an activated alien.

Anyway, I've also noticed that no one is asleep today. I wonder if that's really just because the dayblocker forgot to send in their night action...

I said I was not accusing her yet! But getting a confirmation of a heal would be nice, yes? I mean, there had been no oracle activity earlier; an observant player would have noticed that and perhaps seized the opportunity to make a wild claim that more people would be inclined to believe rather than a simple one like doctor.

Ah, but claiming oracle would be incredibly stupid for the mafia, precisely because the doctors would be likely to target you. Dying from overdose is a high risk.

Ah, but claiming oracle would be incredibly stupid for the mafia, precisely because the doctors would be likely to target you. Dying from overdose is a high risk.
Fair point. Unless they were confident only 0/1 doctor(s) remained? Although I guess that wouldn't actually be determinable.

The mafia has no way to be confident of the number of remaining doctors, or to be confident they've already killed the real oracle (for the purposes of claiming; it's always going to be awkward to claim oracle and then have somebody else step up to claim "Hey! I'm the oracle!", isn't it?).

For that matter, if I were mafia it would be monumentally stupid of me to try to make everyone discount the possibility of the alien being active, since I'd have no way to know and alien wins are just as bad for the mafia as for the innocents.

In any case, since opaltiger's theory of what happened last night seems pretty likely to me, that's rather handy! Whoever healed me last night can just keep healing me and together we can come up with more questions for me to ask. Sound good to you?

Incidentally, last night I asked "By the time this night ends, is Detective Gumshoe alive?" The answer sounded like it was something of a gray area but ended up as no, so I have a strong suspicion the original Gumshoe got killed but has been channeled by a channeler who is still alive. So though I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure we still have an inspector.

In any case, since opaltiger's theory of what happened last night seems pretty likely to me, that's rather handy! Whoever healed me last night can just keep healing me and together we can come up with more questions for me to ask. Sound good to you?

It should be emphasised that if you're a doctor who didn't heal Butterfree last night, you should by no means do so on subsequent nights. Only the doctor who healed her last night should continue doing so.

Last time something like this happened the doctors weren't paying attention and we had an unfortunate overdose. :P

Re: Butterfree not being dead yet. Actually, I am banking on a pretty intelligent mafia! It's possible that they did target her and a doctor got lucky, but I believe it is more likely that the mafia left her alive, at least for the time being, and attacked someone else. The biggest threat to the mafia, bar a lucky inspector who can convince everyone else they're telling the truth, is Diego. They absolutely need to know whether their kill failed because DIEGO or because they were blocked/their target was protected. Butterfree has already proved that she is inclined to ask Midnight about Diego-activation. It makes more sense, if the mafia knows what they're doing, to leave Butterfree alive so that she'll ask about alien activation as often as possible. If she gets a positive, the mafia then knows to re-target one of their earlier failed targets and eliminate them once and for all. They'd only go after Butterfree once they could be certain Diego was out of the picture.

Another point! No one has been silenced today! I figure they would've at least tried to shut me or res up, if not try to kill us, since we were the only talkative ones for most of the day (Butterfree would've been allowed to speak for much the same reasons as above). But even if not us, for whatever reason, why not someone else? Why not keep Vixie quiet a bit longer, or go after someone else who seemed like they might've been onto something? If I had to guess, I'd say that this is because Dannichu was the silencer and the mafia has thus lost that ability, though it's possible that they heard us all saying that obvious mafia dayblocker was obvious and are trying to shape up now (hint: too late). Or it could've been roleblocked, I guess... (I don't think action-forgetting is all that likely, incidentally; no Midnight-rant today, you'll notice.)

Which brings me to my next point. res claimed roleblocker on day one. Everyone assumes that no one died because the doctor(s) got lucky. Isn't it just as likely (and easier to confirm if res is telling the truth, since it very clearly isn't dead yet; we don't know how many, if any, docs are left, on the other hand) that res could've gotten lucky? res! Mind telling us who you blocked, if anyone, last night, or possibly on the second night, which also had no deaths? I'm not suggesting that whoever it targeted must be Kristoph (or the dayblocker, assuming it wasn't Danni) and should be lynched immediately, but it would give us a starting point to look at.

(also Midnight, those aren't tickyboxes. ): use your new magical threadmin pollfixing powers and fix!)

(also Midnight, those aren't tickyboxes. ): use your new magical threadmin pollfixing powers and fix!)

[20:44] <MidnightDS> someone tell kratos /he's/ a tickybox :(
[20:44] <MidnightDS> and that I can't change poll type
[20:45] <MidnightDS> I would if I could! things like private/public or ticky/noticky

Last edited:

[20:44] <MidnightDS> someone tell kratos /he's/ a tickybox :(
[20:44] <MidnightDS> and that I can't change poll type
[20:45] <MidnightDS> I would if I could! things like private/public or ticky/noticky

<MidnightDS> I hate posting from ds
<MidnightDS> go tell walker he's dead and to shut up

EDIT 2: derp, just noticed last paragraph of Butterfree's post, never mind.

EDIT 3: although my original point of role-block could have our biggest lead on who to lynch still holds water!

Last edited:

That is no way to speak to the tickybox that gave you the ability to edit those polls to lie about tickyboxes in the first place! >| Ingrate!

Anyway, so. Vixie agrees that asking about roleblockers == not a bad idea. So... I guess we wait for res to respond? I don't suppose anyone else has any brilliant insights in the meantime?

There's really not much to say which has already been said. The mafia could be, as Kratos have already said, pretty crafty. There is of course, always the possibility that they did in fact target Butterfree, who was protected by a doctor or a role blocker, in their own special ways. The only way we'd really know would be if Butterfree were to ask a question regarding last night's actions on why nobody died. Even then, I feel that it could be a waste of a question.

However, there is still the possibility that the mafia are actually pretty uneducated and targetted the vanished Lamiroir. Due to the 50% chance of evading any lethal night action, this could be part of why no-one died during last night?

If this occured, then it's entirely possible the role blocker managed to target the sleep-inducer, hence why nobody is asleep this round. The doctors would then be free to target separate people?

Of course, this is all just theorising what other people have not taken into account, the Lamiroir. It wouldn't be especially brilliant if the alien had been activated, both for innocents and the mafia. :/

(Correct me if I'm at all wrong about everything, please. I haven't been here for about the first half of this mafia game and this is my first actual analysis.)

I think I might have sent in this night's action over query in irc, targetting either kratos or butterfree, but don't take that as any sort of evidence until I can actually check my logs.

ALSO: I'm more inclined to think kratos than butterfree because I think I tried to block butterfree N2? which apparently failed, although that might indicate another roleblocker.

Last edited:

Oh, ~derp me~, I almost forgot another possibility -- Ini Miney's clothing box.

Given all the methods possible for diverting, distracting, and disabling. It's pretty safe-ish to say the night before was Klavier/Apollo and an extra kill, with Ema suspecting me for some reason. And if res is telling the truth about being role-block, we know who Ema is and we can mark them both as innocent since it is very unlikely for Ema to be dead.

However, there is still the possibility that the mafia are actually pretty uneducated and targetted the vanished Lamiroir. Due to the 50% chance of evading any lethal night action, this could be part of why no-one died during last night?

If this occured, then it's entirely possible the role blocker managed to target the sleep-inducer, hence why nobody is asleep this round. The doctors would then be free to target separate people?

Of course, this is all just theorising what other people have not taken into account, the Lamiroir. It wouldn't be especially brilliant if the alien had been activated, both for innocents and the mafia. :/

I can tell you with 100% confidence that Lamiroir is dead and had died prior to last night.

Oh, ~derp me~, I almost forgot another possibility -- Ini Miney's clothing box.

Given all the methods possible for diverting, distracting, and disabling. It's pretty safe-ish to say the night before was Klavier/Apollo and an extra kill, with Ema suspecting me for some reason. And if res is telling the truth about being role-block, we know who Ema is and we can mark them both as innocent since it is very unlikely for Ema to be dead.
...? I don't follow. Could you explain your reasoning better?

Also, Leafpool, it's no use coming in to make statements like that if you aren't going to claim. Explain?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom