• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia - Day 1

and sometimes when I am alien, I mention aliens just to make you think that an alien would try to avoid mention of an alien and think I'm mafia!

But Walker, it said "trying to attract the mafia's attention", not "trying to make itself look suspicious to the town". That would imply, assuming res is alien, that it isn't activated yet and would be safe to lynch.

I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do, but yes, that.

citations! (uh, go through them yourself!)

http://ginkgo.users.anapnea.net/irclogs/veekun-#mafia.2010-08-28.log http://ginkgo.users.anapnea.net/irclogs/veekun-#mafia.2010-08-29.log http://ginkgo.users.anapnea.net/irclogs/veekun-#mafia.2010-08-30.log http://ginkgo.users.anapnea.net/irclogs/veekun-#mafia.2010-09-01.log http://ginkgo.users.anapnea.net/irclogs/veekun-#mafia.2010-09-05.log

but really, my job is probably to confuse you as much as possible? yeah, let's go with that.

okay, seriously. I didn't think it would be this hard to softclaim a roleblocker.

Right, so at the moment I am suspecting that res is, in fact, alien, inactive, and completely guessed at opal. I have little real evidence for this, aside from his little alternatively x4 and that post above Kratos' there. So, in the interest of eliminating a mutual threat with a bit of caution, I'm going to propose a little inter-faction cooperation here: MAFIA please don't target res tonight. ELISE/ORACLE please ask if the alien is active tonight. Hopefully those results should give us a good idea of what to do about here tomorrow.

Also, for those curious mafia wondering "hm, this dude seems to have his wits about him, maybe we should off Walker tonight!" you... probably have bigger fish to fry. I'm Lamiroir/vanished, a useless role in terms of helping the village, and you have a 50/50 shot of missing me altogether.

ETA: blasted postninjas. :| My proposal stands.

well, since you're even claiming to be useless to the village, we can safely off you in the day if we would otherwise be abstaining, no?

Last edited:

I suppose you could! I wouldn't like it very much, but. Abstain, at any rate.

EDIT: straight from #tcod (pre-noots yelling at him)-

[21:27] <res> Walker: I can technically perfectly truthfully be a roleblocker /and/ mafia by the magic called variable roles!

Not that this has any real weight.

Mm, res seems to want Walker gone... is it because he's on to something? Still not much of a reason to really point fingers, but I do like the sound of Walker's plan. That said, I'll be abstaining.

well, since you're even claiming to be useless to the village, we can safely off you in the day if we would otherwise be abstaining, no?

Is the role really useless? I'm thinking it would be a possibly good stall... If the mafia tried to kill Walker, we could have zero deaths for one night at least

the mafia can still attempt to take majority and then lynch him.

either way, he's the one who claims to be useless.

Is the role really useless? I'm thinking it would be a possibly good stall... If the mafia tried to kill Walker, we could have zero deaths for one night at least

That does tend to be confusing, though. "omg there were no deaths" "was it the doctor oh yay" "but what if it was a roleblocker" "but wait guys what if it's the alien" "oh no there's an ~active alien~", etc..

Vanished can in fact be useful, but not if they just up and out themselves. The trick with bulletproof/semi-bulletproof roles is to attempt to draw fire from the mafia (if you don't mind causing aforementioned confusion), thus keeping non-bulletproof innocents safe. Now it's quite useless since the mafia knows it's probably a better idea to target someone other than Walker. :/

Now it's quite useless since the mafia knows it's probably a better idea to target someone other than Walker. :/
Hold the phone... now Walker's a pretty good player in my experience from #tcod mafia... you think maybe this is exactly what he wants us to think?

Of course that's possible, but you could say that about almost anyone. Maybe res just /wants/ us to think it's an alien (as it said). That kind of thought can be useful if there's something else to back it up, but otherwise if you try and guess at that sort of thing you just end up paralyzing yourself with circular speculation. I'd go fetch another handy acronym from mafiawiki but /lazy. WIFOM, if anyone cares. Generally speaking, I don't find reverse psychology worth mentioning this early in the game and with so little to go on. And can you really trust what anyone says in this game anyway?

re: Walker's proposal, since no one has really addressed it: not a terrible idea, except that's putting Elise in danger right on the second day. I guess a doctor can try to protect her from that night on, but... meh. It's a thought if we really can't come up with anything else.

so the only information we have is: res claims to be roleblocker but is also softclaiming alien? walker claims to be useless. mafia is hard.

is that about it?

maybe res should just stop being so goddamn cryptic and then we wouldn't have this problem.

(Sorry, I know you all technically get ~two hours left, but if I don't end it rn I might not be able to get back until much later. My bad /)_o)

The citizens hung around the university quadrangle for hours; a couple at one point scavenged the deserted cafeteria for chips and drinks. In the morning, everyone seemed to have hung their heads and resigned themselves to fate for the day. But then one gave a pep talk of sorts, and another remarked on something someone had claimed earlier that stood out, and soon a real discussion was had.

Still, all were reluctant to name any names on the first day. Perhaps some believed it was all paranoia. This could have simply been a tragic accident, an isolated incident. After a summary of the day's revelations, the group shrugged their shoulders and dispersed for the night... leaving at least one member smirking silently off into the shadows.

Forty-eight hours for night actions.

Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

The citizens awoke fairly early. Some ate breakfast, but few ventured outside. A phone tree was held instead - people calling everyone they knew to check on their safety. Eventually, through the grapevine, it seemed that, miraculously, everyone was accounted for. The word was sent out to meet at the Gatewater Hotel, with people eventually deciding that there was safety in numbers. At least, it felt that way: they would rather be around potential murderers than go crazy and paranoid hiding at home.

Once everyone had promptly arrived in the lobby, however, the 'potential murderers' bit seemed less and less likely. Everyone who had left the night before had returned the next day. Could people let their guard down and breathe easily? Maybe yesterday's death /was/ just an accident, and the whole crisis was over-exaggerated... They decided to take some time to talk about it.

No one has died.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

ETA: DAMMIT screwed up EXCEPT KRATOS, Kratos Aurion IS ASLEEP yes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom