• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

Okay, but again, if you're innocent you will not roleblock me. If I get blocked we will consider it proof that you are mafia (and not activated alien, since you'll get shot tonight if that's the case - by the way, mafia, if you didn't target res last night, definitely don't now) and lynch you tomorrow without hesitation. If you're innocent and don't block me, I will know tomorrow and we will not kill you.

Incidentally, also consider res to be confirmed mafia if I die, because that probably means he roleblocked Kratos.

Last edited:

I told you, I have a question in mind. It's not directly is-res-mafia, but it will confirm whether you're mafia or not, unless there are extremely contrived circumstances going on.

res might be Ron after all, guys. Apparently I made the mistake of claiming the wrong role and I'm actually Luke Atmey. (I did this in Glee mafia, too, where I claimed the wrong healer x|)

:/

did you just complicate the game again?

all bets off, except the one that says I'll die before D6!

Last edited:

:/

did you just complicate the game again?

all bets off, except the one that says I'll die before D6!

Okay, here's what I think. res originally claimed role block and now that he's claiming Ron after all, he very well may be now that he's trying to save his skin in an alternate way (capitalising on my mistake); first trying to soft-claim alien to keep us scared from lynching us.

He very well may be mafia-aligned anyway if he were Ron, and since he *must* have chosen Will Powers' Steak, he is of little use to the innocents anyway.

Therefore, I'm voting res.

hey, I'm the one willing to give proof.

it's also fairly possible that, after the lack of dayblock today, you decided you could safely claim one of the variables, being either alien or terrorist, and switch to the other using that as an excuse in case you got called out on it.

neither of which would be good idea to kill. hm.

EDIT: I really doubt mafia, though, and I don't think you can actually be the dayblocker, considering Word of God that people can't target themselves.

MAN YOU GUYS

~YOU GUYS~

this is the best mafia game ever <3 even better than games that result in tidbits like this. (PS: Go join #mafia! Pretty please. #tcod is tired of me begging for players for games. :'() I asked for a game as good as AAMafia I, and I was not disappointed. :3

ANYWAY. thought I'd clarify some things that have been brought up! I wasn't sure if I should, really, or if it's the kind of thing where if everything's laid out, it's easier to figure out... but I'll try really hard to not let anything game-relevant slip. :x

the role description's kind of vague about it... I would kind of assume it would, which is part of the reason why I decided to mention that I knew Lamiroir was dead. (If channeling occurs beforehand, though, then I just added unnecessary complications to the game by pointing this out! I am so smart :B)

So the roles described in this post but not in the mafia rules thread take place during the following phases: Maya and Pearl will choose their dead during the evening phase, and consequently, the following night, perform their adopted night action as usual. Luke and Ron... I guess they choose their alignment/role during "game preparation"? ... etc.

And evening comes before anything else, so.

I would just like to add that this plan will hit a snag if someone else is active Diego and res is non-de Killer mafia.

Don't forget that Dahlia counts just as much as de Killer with regards to mafia alignment! ... That is to say, will never show up as mafia, but... dahlia needs love too? :<

I don't know how Midnight GMs, but I activate the alien even if it gets healed. After all, I'd be just as pissed if somebody shot me whether somebody else came along and healed me afterwards or not.

Maybe we should get confirmation on that?

Sure, the alien gets activated even if it gets healed.

Would it convince you if Butterfree doesn't get an answer tonight due to roleblock?

Information roles (inspector, oracle, the like) are unaffected by diverting roles (roleblock, distractor, the like). I asked #tcod's consensus multiple times on this to be sure, and everyone concurred that it made sense.

(I don't think action-forgetting is all that likely, incidentally; no Midnight-rant today, you'll notice.)

This is far more meta than any mafia game has right to be. I am revoking your meta privileges, tickybox.

I think I'll extend the time a bit due to urlflerp. I'll try to update when I get home from school tomorrow, which is... twelve hours? Yeah let's go with that. Twelve more hours should be enough time for urlflerp to end/the players to be alerted to the eeveeshq workaround. o/

Last edited:

hey, I'm the one willing to give proof.

it's also fairly possible that, after the lack of dayblock today, you decided you could safely claim one of the variables, being either alien or terrorist, and switch to the other using that as an excuse in case you got called out on it.

I'm not following. Alien is an odd accusation as I'm trying to both avoid a lynch and avoid/address all possible alien loopholes. Terrorist identifies as innocent to inspector and is a fairly unnecessary role to "cover up". If I were terrorist, I probably would've blown up at Butterfree or Kratos already.

EDIT: I really doubt mafia, though, and I don't think you can actually be the dayblocker, considering Word of God that people can't target themselves.
... I never claimed to be the dayblocker ?_? And if I were, it'd be positively ridiculous to put myself to sleep. Also, if you're claiming to be nightblocker, you're lying since variables only have a dayblocker option.

... I never claimed to be the dayblocker ?_? And if I were, it'd be positively ridiculous to put myself to sleep. Also, if you're claiming to be nightblocker, you're lying since variables only have a dayblocker option.
Manfred von Karma's taser is a nightblocking action.

As I said, I will get to the bottom of this tonight if everyone performs according to Kratos's plan. I'm also quite suspicious of res, mind you, and don't really think he's Diego, so I'm not against lynching him, but it may be better to be safe than sorry.

EDIT: Mafia, to stay on the safe side Diego-wise, do not target Vixie tonight unless she may be Godot (that is, you also targeted her last night).

Last edited:

christ I am not painting a pretty picture here. I completely overlooked the taser. I should just. Stop posting while half-asleep. Yeah. I wish I could do something more useful but apart from rhetoric and logic in the day I'm useless at night.

Don't forget that Dahlia counts just as much as de Killer with regards to mafia alignment! ... That is to say, will never show up as mafia, but... dahlia needs love too? :<

This is far more meta than any mafia game has right to be. I am revoking your meta privileges, tickybox.

I... thought Dahlia was still innocent. I am confused. I blame you and your last-minute mind-changing.

Also, it's not my fault that you (and other GMs, to be fair) keep yelling about this stuff in-thread. I've come to realize that all yelling, unless absolutely necessary or not likely to reveal anything about night actions etc., should be constrained to PM or something else--of course we're going to look at it if you post it in the thread, because we're clearly flailing here (especially prior to the whole res fiasco) and are pretty desperate for sources of information. If you don't want everyone to know, don't bring it to our attention.

(I will stop, though. Fine. >|)

I still say get rid of res first because it's less willing to be helpful. It's true that Vixie could be lying, and of all the variable claims the clothing box would be the safest to make (you don't have to worry about being asked for targets, for example), but if there's any doubt after res dies then we just go after her next. It's not that hard, people.

I also still say that I'd feel safer abstaining than lynching right now. My vote is not moving.

Last edited:

If I get blocked we will consider it proof that you are mafia (and not activated alien, since you'll get shot tonight if that's the case - by the way, mafia, if you didn't target res last night, definitely don't now)

if you get blocked, doesn't it conclusively prove that res can't be alien anyway?

if you get blocked, doesn't it conclusively prove that res can't be alien anyway?
Theoretically, somebody else could be an actual mafia-variable-with-taser and target me to set him up, but in that case, there can't be two nightblocking variables since we already know one of them is a dayblocker, so he would be lying (which he has no reason to do if he's innocent).

Final vote: seven no-lynch, two res.

The citizens all retire to their homes after a long day of planning and strategizing.

Forty-eight hours for night actions.

(this is going so so awesome. Roleblocks and doctors and oracles and aliens and

mafia!! oh my!)

The citizens met in the lobby of the tall building where Wright and Co Law Offices once held business. They each quickly ran in, as it was cold and raining fiercely outside. A quick headcount was all that was needed to affirm - yet again, no one was missing.

No one has died.

Sorry for the wait! Forty-eight hours.

Addendum: you guys are no fun. >:( You'll get more interesting descriptions once you start killing people again.

Wait, so... are we to assume the mafia failed to use their night actions? Or did they hit and miss?

Yes, we should kill res.

Last night, I asked "Did Ron DeLite both (i.e. all of) i) align with the innocents, ii) pick Manfred von Karma's Taser, AND iii) still survive as of yesterday?" This would necessarily have to be true for res's story to check out (or rather, he never technically claimed to be innocent, but if he isn't we want to lynch him either way). The answer, of course, was no.

As if he were Godot the mafia would (presumably) have targeted him during the night to prevent an alien win, it is safe to say that he is almost definitely mafia.

Lynch res.

Speaking of Godot, if nobody died today that's another chance for him to have activated. If he was active to begin with, it's slightly odd that the mafia wouldn't have targeted whoever survived their last attack unless they were coincidentally healed. I suppose the mafia could've been disabled, too...

At any rate, I guess there's no helping res's case. res.

Back
Top Bottom