• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

Well, there's one way to figure out at least that much. opal, you said you were Pal--who'd you heal last night? I healed Butterfree, as promised, though I doubt the mafia would've bothered targeting her.

Oh, and lynch sreservoir. I'm tired and distracted and NaNo is in like 30 minutes and aaah, but I see no reason not to atm.

I will, how does it go, attempt pathetically to be a tiny bit helpful by not bothering to post of defense. res dammit dammit where's my contingency plan when I need it

(while we're at it, you might want to let the mafia kill vixie and for you.)

Last edited:

Well, there's one way to figure out at least that much. opal, you said you were Pal--who'd you heal last night? I healed Butterfree, as promised, though I doubt the mafia would've bothered targeting her.

Oh, and lynch sreservoir. I'm tired and distracted and NaNo is in like 30 minutes and aaah, but I see no reason not to atm.

You. I think. It was a while ago. I wouldn't rule out the mafia ignoring your plan and trying to just kill you instead, actually, so that might account for the lack of death.

I see no reason not to vote for sreservoir.

Also, is it really that odd for the Mafia not to target someone they suspect to be an activated alien? I mean, the activated alien isn't a danger to the Mafia unless people actually vote for them. If the alien was activated, and everyone knew there was an activated alien in their midst (which is very possible because we have an oracle), they would be less inclined to lynch someone who seemed suspicious, and the Mafia could take advantage of that atmosphere to pick us off one by one.

Well, since the res debacle is more or less over, Butterfree can go back to inquiring about the alien once he's dead.

Final vote: eight res.

"res." The name arises pretty much as soon as the group gathers.

"Yeah, res."

"res."

"Me." res shrugs its shoulders. "It's been fun, guys. I'll just go take care of this for you, then."

The citizens blink as res takes the elevator to the roof, and listen to the loud thunderclap as it stands against the metal antenna.

"Well," someone says, breaking the silence. "That was... good?"

res is dead. It was mafia.

Forty-eight actions for night hours.

(it is 1:20a)

opaltiger is found sitting in the judge's chair, a bullet through his right temple. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight blah blah whatever.

Oookay! Well. opaltiger is dead. This is a conundrum, because I healed opal last night. opal claimed to be Pal, which would presumably preclude any healer clashes since he shouldn't be able to target himself. This means that either I was roleblocked/redirected while the mafia went after opal (whaaat why don't you believe me blocker/distractor D:) or that opal was lying and the real Pal, or someone who channeled the real Pal, also healed him while the mafia managed to fail in some other way. Uh. Butterfree, did you happen to ask about alien activation again tonight? If there's no alien and opal was lying then I'd just assume that Vixie or Leafpool (if they're telling the truth about their choices) was targeted and made a successful save. In which case we should try and get in another lynch, because dammit we're on a roll here and if Vixie is telling the truth about her side then there should only be two dangerous mafiosi left.

Speaking of which! Since opal was revealed as not mafia and there's no good reason for an innocent to lie, especially an experienced innocent, if he was lying then he was probably de Killer. Someone trying to mess with me is probably more likely, though, since I guess someone would've tried to counter-claim opal's Pal claim if he was lying. (Unless this was part of a brilliant plan to intentionally healer-clash a mafioso?)

and uuuhh I forget where I was going with this! Someone else say something helpful for once because I have crap to do.

I'm vaguely surprised innocent-opal was alive for this long, really. I think it's relatively safe to say opal wasn't terrorist, either. I mean, if I were terrorist, I probably would've blown someone up yesterday for sure :B

Eh, I don't know--res was really the only lead we had, and whoever the other two-ish mafiosi are I'd wager they were pretty safe as of last night. I would've given them a chance to keep going for at least a little longer. The one time I was terrorist I did blow up, but that was only because it was painfully obvious who the real mafiosi were and they were going to lose it for us anyway. Had they actually participated and killed more people off I would've sat back until the innocents had legitimately figured something out, and that mafia was a lot smaller.

This means that either I was roleblocked/redirected while the mafia went after opal (whaaat why don't you believe me blocker/distractor D:)
That or there's a mafia roleblocker, who would naturally target someone like you. Such as Vixie, who was lying yesterday.

I asked a variation of my previous question, "Did Luke Atmey both (i.e. all of) i) pick Ini Miney's Clothing Box, ii) align with the innocents, and iii) still survive as of yesterday?" This would have to be true for Vixie's story to check out, but the answer was no.

Yeah, I had my suspicions about Vixie, okay? >:/ I also, you will have noticed, instructed the mafia not to target Vixie last night unless she was potentially Godot. So unless they disobeyed my instructions (unwise!) and activated Vixie is doing a victory dance right now, she is probably mafia. Lynch Vixie.

activated Vixie is doing a victory dance right now.Lynch Vixie.

You haven't asked about the alien in such a long time that I think it's unwise to lynch anyone who we're even remotely suspicious of being the alien, else the game will be thrown away.

Yes, there is every possibility that the mafia were good and followed your plan, there is also the possibility that they didn't. The thing is, you just don't know and therefore I think it is extremely unwise to lynch Vixie at this point in time! By all means, lynch her tomorrow if and when we know the alien has not been activated for certain, but I don't like the idea of throwing the game away because the Mafia got careless. :/

There's a lot which is unaccounted for and until we're a little more certain of a few details, I'd rather not lynch carelessly.

Also, Butterfree, does your question not fall apart if Vixie has been completely lying and is neither Luke Atmey, nor the Alien and is someone else? Hypothetically speaking, if someone else were in fact Luke Atmey, then your question wouldn't apply to Vixie?

Eh, maybe. :/ Still the best thing we have to go on, though.

Also, Butterfree, does your question not fall apart if Vixie has been completely lying and is neither Luke Atmey, nor the Alien and is someone else? Hypothetically speaking, if someone else were in fact Luke Atmey, then your question wouldn't apply to Vixie?
The point isn't that Vixie is Luke Atmey but picked some other night action and aligned with the mafia; the point is that no matter how you look at it, Vixie was lying, which she wouldn't do if she were innocent.

Bwuhh, why am I mafia all of a sudden? D: Have we already forgotten that res and I squared off and he turned out to be mafia?

Bwuhh, why am I mafia all of a sudden? D: Have we already forgotten that res and I squared off and he turned out to be mafia?

While that could be a trick by the Mafia to sacrifice one of their own to make you appear innocent, I think that's very unlikely, leaving us with the possibility that you were lying about either your chosen night action, or about being Luke Atmey altogether. If you were innocent, there'd be no reason to lie about your night action, which means that probably, you aren't in fact Luke Atmey.

There've been, what, two nights with no kills since Butterfree last asked about alien activation? On the first of those nights, Kratos said in the thread that he would heal Butterfree and it was implied that opal would heal Kratos. I think the Mafia would have been smart enough not to target one of those two that night, which means there's a high likelihood of the alien being activated then, if not the night after. I'm not comfortable with lynching someone without knowing about the alien's status.

EDIT: Apparently I mixed up the order of the nights and the stuff I said happened on the first night actually happened on the second night but yeah, my point still stands.

Last edited:

There've been, what, two nights with no kills since Butterfree last asked about alien activation? On the first of those nights, Kratos said in the thread that he would heal Butterfree and it was implied that opal would heal Kratos. I think the Mafia would have been smart enough not to target one of those two that night, which means there's a high likelihood of the alien being activated then, if not the night after. I'm not comfortable with lynching someone without knowing about the alien's status.
I'm starting to become suspicious of Butterfree again... Oracle is a fairly easy role to claim, and feeding answers to the public is an effective way of orchestrating the game's flow during the day phase as well as the night. Furthermore, if she isn't mafia, why is mafia keeping the oracle alive!

If anything to keep myself from becoming auto-lynched from a single vote, lynching Butterfree.

I think it was pointed out that one of those nokills could possibly have been the Mafia targeting me (I roleclaimed Maya channeling Lamiroir), if the night actions work in such a way so that if I were targeted by the Mafia the same night I channeled Lamiroir that Lamiroir's power could still kick in. But I have no way of knowing if the Mafia targeted me or not, and it's foolish to assume that when the nokill could very well have been the true activation of the alien.

I really don't know what to believe right now. :/

Back
Top Bottom