• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

alraune likes input pls

Re: Alraune sometimes draws

Wait, you're Spike now? Nuuuu, I know you as Alraune!

Nontheless.

...How are you so excellent at everything you do?

Re: Alraune sometimes draws

this thread gets no attention ): I guess I'll update it

old post-E4 White team
Another drawing of Ember
Larvesta, Karrablast and Shelmet
Druddigon, Sawsbuck, Swoobat, Musharna
Very early art of the "Alraune"
A friend as a unicorn pony, with Ember
30 Day League of Legends bullshit that I never actually finished
Female Beastmaker dragon (Spyro)
You probably saw this guy during ArtMo 2010; he is the unicorn pony above
Furiianda as a pony-style antelope
My betta fish Herman
An axolotl
Alvyren as a pony
My Gaia Online avatar that one week I went back to it
The Last Unicorn
Amalthea
Prince Lír
Perler beads things of Duster and other Mother 3 characters
Prototypes of the "Alraune"
The Alraune, final design
Mother 3 enemies
D&D silver dragons
Charizard drawn for someone's birthday (but he never received it because I submitted it to his older sister incorrectly)
snarf snarf snarf snarf
"Plot" art of Incendia, a character in Doctor Whoof's fanfiction Antipodes
Film Reel, a background pony
Jigsaw and Tiptoe, protagonists of Antipodes
More Jigsaw and Tiptoe
That guy again, fucking us over in League of Legends
Jigsaw
Tiptoe
A Petalar from the new Thundercats series
One of my companion characters from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
... shirtless!
My actual player character from Oblivion
Shadowmere, from Oblivion
My Oblivion characters being heterosexual with eachother
depressed copic drawing of Alraune
Oblivion Clannfear doodles

Sketches of my planned Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim character

Rarity

That guy as a unicorn pony again

A D&D character I've been working on that I'll probably never actually get to use

wow I didn't realize how far behind this was

Re: NON-SEQUITUR TITLE ALRAUNE ART

So this is all beautiful and awesome but I have nothing to say other than that :O. This dieno is extremely adorable, though!

He's evolved since then and he's even cuter now! I think I'll draw a Zweilous in a few minutes while I wait on my next class to start, and scan it when I get home. I don't think I'll ever evolve him into Hydreigon though. He's not competitive or anything so idc if he's not maxed 'cause I like how Zweilous looks better :[ /tangent

I love how the green pony looks...elf-ish. I'm sorry, I'm really awful at commenting :/

It's probably the fact he's green and the smile :P And the smile is probably my favorite part, too. I'd like to think I managed to incorporate other features of my friend's appearance into this pony-form, other than his hair style and... the literal color of his favorite coat... er, yeah. He needs a more distinctive appearance, being a blank flank at all. Most pony OCs are just like... recolors with different hair styles and cutie marks, you know?

I appreciate any comments at all! They all make me feel special ♥ Lets me know people still pay attention to this thread because I'm an attention whore

edit: oh here's a Twilight Sparkle I forgot to share in this thread too.

I think my pony style is finally beginning to congeal into something consistent

Last edited:
Re: NON-SEQUITUR THREAD TITLE

The problem with pony OC's and recolours might just stem from the fact that the show has such a consistent artstyle that is it indeed possible to just add new colours, hair and cutie mark and it will be a new character, which is why it's kinda important that the characters has strong personalities to make them shine. The whole personality thing might just be the problem in the case of many an OC.

Also that Twilight is adorable.

Alraune with some swagger in her stride

Arlowe Talanian, my Oblivion character's other half

Alraune, your sona-thing is very creepy 0_0

But well done, nonetheless! I love that zweilous too.

Aww, creepy? :C whyfor? That's not really what I was going for, unless you're just being silly and it's a silly reason or... back when she was white with red eyes I realized it was hella creepy, but I figured light brown and pink was probably a softer combo or something...

And I was trying to make something reminiscent of FFXI Mandragoras/Alraunes without being an obvious variation, but I suppose the bodytype turned out accidentally more Pikmin-ey. I like it too much to change it though :v

tumblr_lsu2gpHmp91r4onb8o1_500.png

My Oblivion characters being silly (oops so old)

tumblr_lvb4w0OB7J1qefxa7o1_500.png

Drawing of my Oblivion character that I don't hate

tumblr_lvk8wiRmhV1qefxa7o1_500.png

Boyfriend's D&D character

Well, he was just going to be some really brutish monster-race that was a bard, as a joke, and then at some point in the night bagpipes were suggested, the kilt naturally followed, and after I did an initial sketch and put it on my tumblr, H-Land suggested he be fashioned after a highland cow to complete the look. The boyfran loved the idea so... yeah that's basically it.

He actually legitimately loves bagpipe music totally unironically so I guess that's where the whole bagpipes idea came from to begin with? Honestly I don't really remember who came up with what and why but I think it worked out pretty swell.

Also you're the first person to properly identify him as a minotaur instead of just jumping to the conclusion that he's a tauren, like everyone else has that I didn't explain him to first :[

bumpity bump bumps

not a whole lot of artistic activity since December, though I did draw a lot of stuff at this year's local nerd convention at uni, Omnicon (including this year's shirt), but I didn't get to scan any of it
tumblr_m1057xN1sC1qefxa7o1_500.jpg

and then my scanner fucked up so here's a photo of some things I drew today
tumblr_m3oosqGDn61qefxa7o1_1280.png

Back
Top Bottom