• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Amy Winehouse dies in tragically predictable manner

Yes, she did indeed sing it (and rather well, actually); that being said, most people seem to be unaware that it's a cover.

Terrorist attacks in Norway are pretty terrible but there's an entirely different thread for that, so...

Indeed there is, and I've posted in it. Here I was posting my reaction to Amy Winehouse's death. What's your point?

Ha this thread title gets rep.

I mean it is sad and all, but in interviews even her mom said they were expecting it to happen within the year.

Actually, aren't they saying now she died because she wasn't drinking alcohol?

More specifically, she tried to quit cold turkey rather than slowly weaning herself off of it. At least, that's what her family is saying. Is it common to die from withdrawal-shock? It seems plausible to me but that could be because I'm not an expert on quitting drugs.

You can, in fact, die going cold turkey from alcohol - your body can become so dependent on it that you'll just go into shock and have a cardiac arrest, since alcohol is a depressant and your body is basically like 'oh holy fuck all this shit is happening'. It's like the DTs, but much, much worse! With extra death!

It's actually worse than detoxing from heroin, apparently. This is why severe alcoholics are prescribed medication!

According to those with her the night before she was on a bit of a booze and drug binge so the cold turkey thing doesn't totally apply when you think of withdrawl.

According to those with her the night before she was on a bit of a booze and drug binge so the cold turkey thing doesn't totally apply when you think of withdrawl.

Maybe the sudden reintroduction of it could done it?

Or the drugs and alcohol mixed or something and became poisonous.

Back
Top Bottom