• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Any recommendations for XBox 360?

@ Dezzu (becauase quoting other quotes is impossible to accomplish. D=)
I was just putting those down in case, I guess in two years, he's allowed to play M games, he might be interested in those. They're all pretty good games. I still don't see how that makes all my suggestions suck, though.

Mmm... Not really. They aren't really getting too many RPGs anymore, and they are getting are also being released on the PS3. I'm getting a PS3 this fall just so I can get the Enhanced Port of Tales of Vesperia, with the extra character, altered story that ties in with the movie that's coming out this year, fully voiced game (There won't be a moment of silence in the dialogue!), costumes for Repede who can also finally be used as an on-screen avatar, more sidequests, and more bosses, and a bit more playable Flynn. And I figure I'll get Resonance of Fate on the PS3 as well.

If you noticed, most of the RPGs are coming to the Wii this year, what with Arc Rise Fantasia (FUCKING awesome game), and Tales of Graces, and the PS3 is getting a nice batch of its own RPGs. The only RPG I've seen so far is Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity, which is also for the PS3. There's also Castlevania, but that looks like it'll be an action game, not an RPG.

xD Those are some good reasons the rebuy the game, but I doubt you'll pay +400 dollars for one game, lol. It's up to me to save you from that fate.

YES, the scans for Arc Rise Fantasia look just plain great. That unfortunately, is all I've seen so far of it. But have you heard of White Knight Story/Chronicles? It's a new one being created by Level-5, the people who made Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy. It looks awesome. Again, i'm getting excited for games on systems I don't have. :/

Westerns? What where? All I know of currently is Red Steel 2.

@ Dezzu (becauase quoting other quotes is impossible to accomplish. D=)
I was just putting those down in case, I guess in two years, he's allowed to play M games, he might be interested in those. They're all pretty good games. I still don't see how that makes all my suggestions suck, though.

Yeah >.> Especially since some of them were RPGs, namely Fable and Bioshock...

xD Those are some good reasons the rebuy the game, but I doubt you'll pay +400 dollars for one game, lol. It's up to me to save you from that fate.

Oh, come now, the game only costs $60. Just tack on an extra $10 for it coming all the way from Japan, and another $5 provided a Limited Edition of the game comes out. And PS3's aren't that expensive anymore either, so I just need to buy one that's relatively old, and has a small hard drive, since I have like, 2 external hard drives I could use with it anyways. And keep in mind I also plan on getting Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity when that comes out. And I still wanna play Folklore, and I'll be getting the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata for the same reason I'm getting Vesperia PS3.

YES, the scans for Arc Rise Fantasia look just plain great. That unfortunately, is all I've seen so far of it. But have you heard of White Knight Story/Chronicles? It's a new one being created by Level-5, the people who made Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy. It looks awesome. Again, i'm getting excited for games on systems I don't have. :/

It plays quite great too =P It's something to look forward to, since it'll be out stateside by the end of the year. Then I won't have to sit there translating Kanji I don't know and trying and failing miserably at translating all of the dialogue and forming it into a coherent sentence ;_; And yeah, I've heard of White Knight Chronicles. It's been out in Japan for several months now though ;_; I'm interested, but just lemme know when they make an actual Dark Cloud 3, and not Rogue Galaxy. Rogue Galaxy was an awesome game, and I LOVED it to death, just not as much as the original Dark Cloud. I want my town building! >O

@Worst Username Ever: I know you said you're not a fan of FPS or action games, but I really recommend you try out Fallout 3. Sure it's an FPS/action game, but the game has two different modes of play; your standard typical FPS play style, and one that's sort of like an RPG, almost like Wild ARMs 2 in that you have to choose where you want to shoot your targets. I've only played it for a couple of hours on the PS3, but it's very fun, even if you don't really like FPS games. I say this because I don't really like FPSes that much either. System Shock and System Shock 2 don't count >O

But, honestly, out of your interests, I can only say that you should try out any of the above mentioned JRPGs. Try going for Eternal Sonata first, since it's cheap, and easy to find, as opposed to Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia.

I'd second the Sonic Unleashed recommendation. The werehog segments are a little overly-long, but they're not bad. The daytime stages are hard, but amazingly fun, and the plot actually turns back the clock on the SERIOUS BUSINESS GRR aspect that has been choking the Sonic franchise for so long.

Other than that...umm....all the other 360 games I play you've already ruled out. So yeah.

because she explicitly said she wasn't interested in action games and FPSes

I loved Bioshock and Fable was alright; I have nothing against the games themselves. it's just she basically said "don't bother listing these" and you listed them anyway.

because she explicitly said she wasn't interested in action games and FPSes

I loved Bioshock and Fable was alright; I have nothing against the games themselves. it's just she basically said "don't bother listing these" and you listed them anyway.
I still don't understand. I'm just referencing the games, I'm not hurting anyone. And I still don't see how "All my recommendations suck," lol. I dunno, maybe I just understand your logic.

Oh and, uh, sorry about the he thing. I kinda base peoples gender upon seeing the avatar. =3

orly? Isn't it at least 300 bucks? But whatever, as long your not getting it for only one or two games, that'd be ridiculous. :/

Ugh, another Dark Cloud? Two was enough, and now you want a third? Honestly, I'm not liking the sequel that much. It's like playing over the first game, but a not-as-good version. I'm looking so much more forward to White Knight Story than a "Dark Cloud 3." D:

Sorry for being a nerd here, but the rating for my suggested game is only T in canada, so that's not to be picked at.

*Cue star wars intro theme*

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed

One of the best non-ship based star wars games to date, and if you hate stormtroopers as much as everyone else, then this is the game. Heck if you know enough about star wars, or have seen the movies, this gives some in between info (ie. inbetween 3 and 4)

The only games I own are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gears of War 2, Kameo: Elements of Power, Need for Speed: Undercover, Assassin's Creed and Bulletwitch. Given the inherent shittyness of Bulletwitch, Gears and Creed failing to meet the criteria of not being FPS or action games and the fact that I have trouble enjoying Kameo and Need for Speed, I'm going to recommend Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I thought Oblivion was okay, got boring for me fairly quickly. It's not really much of an improvement on Morrowind, and now Fallout 3 is sort of walking all over it's territory. Unless you don't dig the setting and prefer a fantasy setting, I'd pick Fallout 3 over Oblivion.

What about Mega Man 9? Plays and looks almost exactly like the old Mega Man games.

What about Mega Man 9? Plays and looks almost exactly like the old Mega Man games.

Other than the fact that it's available for all consoles, this. Though be warned, by "plays just like an old Mega Man game", they not only mean it's fun and has nice, tight gameplay, they also mean it's really really hard. It's a good deal harder than Mega Man 2 and a bit harder than 3.

orly? Isn't it at least 300 bucks? But whatever, as long your not getting it for only one or two games, that'd be ridiculous. :/

Ugh, another Dark Cloud? Two was enough, and now you want a third? Honestly, I'm not liking the sequel that much. It's like playing over the first game, but a not-as-good version. I'm looking so much more forward to White Knight Story than a "Dark Cloud 3." D:

The biggest reason I'm getting a PS3 is because I don't want to have to give Microsoft my money to play Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue, The King of Fighters XII, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, and Tekken 6 with my friends. I also really want Warriors Orochi Z as much as I want Vesperia and Trusty Bell. Even then, I've done it before; I got the original Xbox just so I could play Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Shenmue II.

And, yes, I do want another Dark Cloud. I loved the sequel's story over the first one, so I'd love it if they did it with Dark Chronicle's story, and cel-shading style, or even a style akin to Vesperia (Pure anime look. Namco Bandai kicked Sega off of the throne as the undisputed king of cel-shading with Vesperia. And both Jet Set's look amazing.), but with the amount of playable characters from the Dark Cloud. And also with Dark Chronicle's Georama.

Last edited:
Other than the fact that it's available for all consoles, this. Though be warned, by "plays just like an old Mega Man game", they not only mean it's fun and has nice, tight gameplay, they also mean it's really really hard. It's a good deal harder than Mega Man 2 and a bit harder than 3.

So true, Megaman 2 is much easier then most Megaman games, especially when you get the Metal-Blades from Metal man, you can plow through every boss in the game, Flash man won't even be able to touch you. that said, the stages are still challenging, I can't beat Quick man's stage. *waves fist angrily at Quick man*

Back
Top Bottom