• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby?

Do you think there will be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire?

• Yes

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Cookies

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
because otherwise you have to move pokemon from, say, Sapphire or FireRed to Platinum/Soul Silver and then to Black or White, which is kind of... stupid.

Well, that and the fact that DSi onward don't have GBA slots (and IIRC Nintendo isn't even manufacturing/selling new copies of GBA-slotted DSes) is why RSE will almost definitely get remakes. I'm still not quite confident enough to say they'll make them this gen, but by the end of Gen VI I'm sure we'll have them.

I'm hoping we don't get a remake of Ruby/Sapphire this generation. It just seems a bit too soon, and Ruby/Sapphire aren't completely incompatible with the current-generation games yet (which is at least part of why the 1st and 2nd generation games got remakes.)

It'll probably happen in the 6th generation when the main games are on the 3DS, since having to transfer Pokémon from a GBA game to a DS game to another DS game to a 3DS game is just a bit too much... but it's not quite time for them yet.

How about in Gen VI they just do what Gen II's postgame did only you can go back to every other region ever

Half-assed versions of every region ever, you mean. G/S/C Kanto was horrible, easily the worst part of the game (made even worse by having the worst remix of the Kanto battle theme ever as the song for every wild Pokémon fight.)

I think it'll definitely happen, and i'll definitely end up buying it but seriously? It's so unnecessary, FR/LG & SS/HG are understandable because for a newer generation they are almost impossible to play in their original format, but Ruby & Sapphire seem too new to require remakes :[

I still reckon they should have included the Hoenn region as after main-game content in Black and White, like Kanto was in Generation 2.

Gen I got Gen III remakes, and Gen II got Gen IV remakes.

So logically Gen III should get Gen V remakes. However, the remakes have always been released before the new games, so... I don't know.

Hey, maybe if they remake RS, they can make it so that the game is aware of whether you're male or female, so the script isn't filled with ridiculous gender neutrality!

So logically Gen III should get Gen V remakes. However, the remakes have always been released before the new games, so... I don't know.

No they haven't... FRLG were released after RSE. GFSS were released after DPPt. Or have I misunderstood what you mean?

In all technicality, won't the R/S remakes be released on the 3DS anyway? So the compatibility point is just a little moot... I think. Not sure.

I'm all for it, because R/S/E were some of my favorite games ever. And if you think about it... 3D cutscenes. Beautiful music remixes. Possibly more content.
Even if it /is/ pointless, I still want it because my Emerald version died and Sapphire's over 8 years old and won't grow berries anymore, even with the patch.

I am hoping for a remake version pair where one is Emerald (HGSS are Crystal remakes with Japanese GS encounter lists, remember) and you go to Kanto and Sevii Islands on vacation postgame and the other is FRLG or ideally a better version of Yellow where you go to Hoenn postgame. There would be time machine antics to transfer pokémon.

This is actually a pretty awesome idea.

I'd actually be happy with a game that takes place in Hoenn but isn't an R/S/E remake. Like, give it a different plot in the same region or something. Granted that'd be hard to do without it just feeling like a glorified remake. Eh.

I think I'd still be happiest with the ability to go to Hoenn postgame in B/W's inevitable third installment, but I don't know how doable that'd be. Maybe even give it some of the GSC three-years-later Kanto treatment just as long as it doesn't feel as much like a thrown-in afterthought as Kanto did there.

It just seems a bit too soon, and Ruby/Sapphire aren't completely incompatible with the current-generation games yet (which is at least part of why the 1st and 2nd generation games got remakes.)

"too soon"? How? FRLG were released 10 years after RGB and HGSS were released 10 years after GSC. 2013 will be 10 years after RS came out. Also given the last three iterations of the DS (including the 3DS, that is) don't have GBA slots, I wouldn't consider gen 3 truly compatible with gen 5. You'd need two DSs, at least one of which is an obsoleted model.

I think it'll definitely happen, and i'll definitely end up buying it but seriously? It's so unnecessary, FR/LG & SS/HG are understandable because for a newer generation they are almost impossible to play in their original format, but Ruby & Sapphire seem too new to require remakes :[

See above.

Fluttershy ♥;484803 said:
See above.

I know, I know it technically would have been 10 years by the time it comes out... but my point is, if you play Gen 1 or 2 games, there seems to be a MAJOR difference from RSE. I think it may just be me, but when the series moved onto the GBA, it was a big turning point. RSE just feel a lot more advanced than the previous 2 Gens & a bit too advanced to require a remake. :(

Meh i'll still end up buying it, and enjoying it.

Fluttershy ♥;484803 said:
"too soon"? How? FRLG were released 10 years after RGB and HGSS were released 10 years after GSC. 2013 will be 10 years after RS came out. Also given the last three iterations of the DS (including the 3DS, that is) don't have GBA slots, I wouldn't consider gen 3 truly compatible with gen 5. You'd need two DSs, at least one of which is an obsoleted model.

:v I can still transfer my pokemon, and do so, often!

:v I can still transfer my pokemon, and do so, often!

Yes, but they don't even make GBA-slotted DSes anymore, therefore the only people who can still transfer from RSE are those who have the old systems. I'm tentative enough to predict that they may or may not put off RSE remakes until Gen 6, but they're coming in the relatively-near future, since the hardware is technically outdated.

I am hoping for a remake version pair where one is Emerald (HGSS are Crystal remakes with Japanese GS encounter lists, remember) and you go to Kanto and Sevii Islands on vacation postgame and the other is FRLG or ideally a better version of Yellow where you go to Hoenn postgame. There would be time machine antics to transfer pokémon.
This is actually a pretty awesome idea.

I'd actually be happy with a game that takes place in Hoenn but isn't an R/S/E remake. Like, give it a different plot in the same region or something. Granted that'd be hard to do without it just feeling like a glorified remake. Eh.

I think I'd still be happiest with the ability to go to Hoenn postgame in B/W's inevitable third installment, but I don't know how doable that'd be. Maybe even give it some of the GSC three-years-later Kanto treatment just as long as it doesn't feel as much like a thrown-in afterthought as Kanto did there.
You could even use the same general postgame plot for both: N wandered over, and you team up with N in order to beat up some stragglers from the local teams. So in one, you'd've fought Team Rocket in the main plot and then you go to Hoenn and beat up some of Aqua and Magma with N (kind of like postgame BW where there's no real goal there), and in the other you'd've done the Emerald shebang and then go to Kanto to beat up some of Rocket with N. There's no real reason why N can't stop at both Kanto and Hoenn, after all!

It'd be kind of a pain in the ass to make, but they'd not have to redo too much of Emerald and FRLG for the main game, and they'd share maps and most of the same trainers (though edited for postgame rebattling). It'd be awesome.

Two cents:

I don't wish for a remake. I don't know there's going to be a remake. I expect a remake.

Think about it. The Pokemon series, tied with Mario and Zelda, are Nintendo's cash cows. They will milk this series dry, and with this much hype about a remake when the actual game isn't even a year old, it's gonna be a definite.

However, don't expect it to hit the shelves anytime soon. I read somewhere here about the 10-year rule and the rule that the remake precedes the third colour. Red/Blue was released in Japan in 1996, with North America getting it in 1998 and Europe in 1999. Gold/Silver was released in 1999, 2000, and 2001, respectively.

Compare that to the remakes: FireRed/LeafGreen was released in 2004, nowhere NEAR the 10-year mark, although it's interesting to say it was released a year after Ruby/Sapphire was released in NA/EU. Also, Emerald was released a year after the remakes. In Gen. IV, HeartGold/SoulSilver was released WAY after Diamond/Pearl in 2010, Gold/Silver's anniversary in NA, with DP's release being in 2007. Platinum preceded it by one year.

Not to mention there aren't any clues to a remake in B/W, just references that Unova is a land far away. Which could potentially mean that they're hyping the remakes up in Grey.

FR/LG and HG/SS were released because so much had changed from 1 and 2 to 3 and 4, respectively. Not all that much changed from 3 to 4 besides the move split and the Revamped EXP system in 5

Back
Top Bottom