• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

Hrmkay, on second thought, I don't think I'll be able to do this, much as I want to. I've got this portfolio I gotta complete before January 11th, so I'll be drawing these huge, detailed pieces for the entire of December and I'll have absolutely no time to doodle. Sorry guys.

@Blazhie - That's okay.

And guys+gals, there's only a week to go now, so get those pens and pencils out and prepare to get drawing!

@Typh - err, paper is something I'm going to have to sort out. I used to have a pack of 500 and now I have none. :P

Oh, would it be okay to post some of my flipnotes occasionally? It's technically an art form, and the majority of them are just step-by-step guides of me drawing a picture snyways.

haha! I laugh at you all, with your...paper. and your pencils. and...stuff.

*cuddles her tablet*

(well okay I have like a billion sheets of paper too so shhhh)

@Typh - err, paper is something I'm going to have to sort out. I used to have a pack of 500 and now I have none. :P

Oh, would it be okay to post some of my flipnotes occasionally? It's technically an art form, and the majority of them are just step-by-step guides of me drawing a picture snyways.

yeah well

welll

...i use both sides so there.

I'll prolly scan some, then work on lineart.

Do you need to upload your stuff? Because I don't have access to a scanner, so for the most part you'd just have to take my word for it.

@Kam: Yeah, that's sorta the point. But you don't have to upload them daily if you can't. Are you sure that you don't have any access to a scanner or camera? Friends or family have them, perhaps?

So like....I might join. But!

I need to know a few things first:

1) Are they doodles? Or do we need to make them awesome looking?
2) Is there any theme? I'm guessing not, but just to be on the safe side...
3) Do we have to post art EVERY day?

Well, I might do this, but I'm bad with procrastinating. I've had a rather large piece that I meant to start at the begining of the month, for example, yet I haven't done any work on it. Plus, I have to take into account my school work and stuff.

Does no one here keep sketchbooks? Here I am with my $15 moleskine notebooks because I'm a hipster tard like that. :c

Yeah, I can't draw directly onto the computer worth shit.

To answer superyoshi's questions: last year, just about everyone only did quick doodles. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, you just need to draw every day. And no, there's no theme, unless you choose one for yourself. You can upload every day or upload in small batches; as long as you do a drawing for every day in December, it's fine.

Are you kidding? I keep four sketchbooks. Two are old ones for showing people and two are active, meaning I still draw in them.
I hope they're ready to be filled, because if I'm not burnt out from NaNo... >]

Ah, I don't keep sketchbooks. I prefer to draw on loose-leaf myself, because when I scan, I have to tear out the sheets of paper and put them in the document feeder. Mine's not a flatbed. I do keep a little portfolio/folder of sorts though, where I put all of my looseleaf drawings.

I'm excited for this~ I need something to make me finish up people's birthday presents and start on their Christmas ones.

Last edited:
Ah, I don't keep sketchbooks. I prefer to draw on loose-leaf myself, because when I scan, I have to tear out the sheets of paper and put them in the document feeder. Mine's not a flatbed. I do keep a little portfolio/folder of sorts though, where I put all of my looseleaf drawings.

Yeah, I do this too. I haven't drawn on loose sheets of paper for...well, over a year I think.
Yeah so paper isn't a problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom