• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Gift Exchange 2011

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
On the outskirts of ASB Central sits a small, mysterious building. Boarded up for most of the year, it passes without notice. Only as November wears on and the air turns chill is there any sign of activity around the little building, and only upon the arrival of December, now decked out in lights and offering free hot drinks to any who stop by, does it finally welcome in visitors. Brightly-wrapped presents accumulate in its one large room as the month wears on, until at last trainers from all around gather to claim their gifts...

The Annual TCoD Gift Exchange

If you're feeling a little holiday spirit and want to spread it around, you can give other ASB members a gift(s) of your choice. To do so, simply PM me the gift that you would like to give and who it's going to. I will then add it beneath that person's name on the list below, along with what kind of gift it was. This is in the interest of keeping all gifts a surprise until the Big Day and so that distribution is more coordinated. Gifts are not limited to tangible ASB items (e.g. people have given custom sprites before); if you want to know whether or not you can make such-and-such your gift, feel free to ask.

You may also include a short message to the recipient of the gift, which will be displayed along with the gift on the list (like a tag, basically).

Gifts will be collected up until the 25th of December, when they will be distributed and "unwrapped". People then have until the 1st of January to claim their gifts by posting in this thread. At that point you can also post to thank people, talk about the gifts, or whatever.

After January 1st, the exchange will close up again, hopefully to reopen the next year...

Just a couple quick rules:

1. If you want to give someone a pokémon, it must be a registered member of your team. You cannot "make up" a pokémon and then try to give it away. The same goes for items or money.

2. You do not need to take money out of your bank account right away if you want to give it to somebody, but you will need to deduct it eventually when they come to pick it up. If at that point you've spent so much that you don't have enough in your account to make out the gift, then you'll have to pay an additional fine (once you make some dough).

3. If a person fails to claim their gift by the 1st of January, then the giver gets whatever it is back.

Because profiles are no longer a requirement, not everybody has a convenient place to stick a wishlist. Therefore, you may make a post in this thread with your wishlist if you'd like. Just keep it to one post per person, please.

Okay, since we can post wishlists here, I'll do just that! This is in order of most want to least want:

1. A Porygon
2. An Up-Grade
3. A Larvitar
4. A Beldum
5. A Dubious Disk
6. A Deino
7. A Gible
8. A Druddigon
9. A Joltik
10. A Karrablast OR a Shelmet(equal want for either of these two)
11. EXP Share
12. Lucky Egg

And that's all that I can think of.

Last edited:
Go go gadget wishlist

Soothe Bell
Lucky Egg
Exp. Share
Beldum
Elekid
Deino
Larvitar
Aipom
Girafarig
Togepi
Any other Pokemon with decent movepools that I don't already own

Money or items is also completely okay by me, I'm not picky at all

I'd like;

A starter that's not from Sinnoh
Rare candy
Money
EXP Share
Berries
A Pokemon that I like.
Reffings

Strange that this has come out now since my Birthday's only two days away....=D

Last edited:
hrml better do this thing

-Gothita (F)
-Tympole (F)
-Grimer (M)
-Lucky Egg
-Leftovers
-Normal Types I Don't Have

Normal-Type Families Needed
-Igglybuff
-Farfetch'd
-Lickitung
-Khangaskhan
-Tauros
-Ditto
-Girafarig
-Snubbull
-Stantler
-Smeargle
-Slakoth
-Spinda
-Zangoose (M)
-Buneary (F)
-Bouffalant

Cash/other items/reffings are great too, and I'll take pretty much any Pokemon!

Last edited:
Linoone's wish list:
- Porygons
- Porygon2s
- Porygon-Zs
- Rare Candies
- Lucky Eggs

Also:
- Any extra pokemon that you don't want anymore
- Cash
- Reffings

It'd be super nice if you can give all of your extra Porygons to me!

lot of choices, mainly because I'm too lazy to buy things myself sometimes

Bagon
Baltoy
Bulbasaur
Chimchar
Dratini (M)
Drowzee
Duskull
Eevee
Exeggcute
Gible
Hippopotas
Joltik x ∞
Larvesta
Larvitar
Lickitung, Own Tempo
Litwick
Meditite
Misdreavus
Oshawott
Purrloin
Scyther, Technician
Seviper
Shroomish
Torchic
Turtwig
Venipede
Whismur
Zangoose

also: rare candies, moon stones, lucky eggs, soothe bells, blackglasses x ∞, Negrek's head, Negrek's blood, the destruction of Asber, and okay I'd take any item/pokémon ever even if I got buried under a pile of magikarp (don't bury me under magikarp) (name them all Splash)

Last edited:
(~) basically any items at all
(~) lucky egg
(~) cleffa, pansage ♂, ekans, girafarig ♀, yamask
(~) cranidos/kabuto/lileep
(~) anything else at all

Last edited:
As for my wishlist, as detailed in my profile: I'm not particularly interested in expansions to my squad, specially since there are plenty to come after Christmas, but, if you would, refer to this graph and try to get me something I don't have a lot of. I'm fine with whatever rolls that way. Also, I've been interested in trying out fakemon, particularly the ones that aren't seeing much use.

Wishlist:

cash to reimburse my gift giving <----- <-----

An upgrade

That's about it now, saving the rest until my birthday (which is 3 weeks after christmas)

Mawile's Wishlist:
> Joltik (F) <Compoundeyes>
> Trapinch (M) <Hyper Cutter>
> Pichu (M) <Static>
> Eviolite (x1)
> Zoom Lens (x1)
> Light Ball (x1)
> Amulet Coin (x ∞)
> note that anything else is good too!

Hmm!

Murkrow (m) <Insomnia>

Dunsparce (m) <Serene Grace>

Ralts (m) <Trace> (If it already has a couple of exp, or is a Kirlia it's even better :D)

Absol (f) <Pressure>

Drifloon (m) <Unburden> (I liked Drifloon before it was cool >B|)

Rotom (x) <Levitate>

Shelmet (m) <Hydration>

...And that's all! :3

Last edited:
AT THE MOMENT I would really appreciate money!! If you want to get me actual stuffs you can uhmm well think of something you want to give me because I have no clue, but, money would be best really!

I would very pokémon with exp, and lucky eggs! and uh dream world shelmet and treecko and hitmonlee, but nobody has any. money would be nice, too!

Boss things you could do in no particular order:

Rare Candies? 8D
Misdreavus (F)
Shellos (F) Storm Drain
Starly (M)
Riolu (F) Inner Focus
Pidove (M) Super Luck
Budew (F) Poison Point
Taillow
Larvesta
Alternatively, money or really random/weird items.

I'll start getting stuff together for you guys now~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom