• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Gift Exchange 2011

I'm probably not going to get anything because barely anyone knows me, but meh.

I'll be nice this year and share. :)

Anyways, provided you do want to give me something, I'm not picky, and I'm not making a wish list. Give me whatever you want! :>

I want a giratina. You all know how to get me one.

An equally-lovely gift would be not assuming that blazheirio889 needs any help at all in beating me in the tournament. You are all jerks.

Failing that (jerks), items, I guess. Surprise me.

Okay. I've sent Butterfree the scripts necessary to make the Gift Exchange hack run; as soon as she uploads them, I'll add the frontend stuff that will allow people to actually access and use it. So, we'll be doing that for gifts this year, rather than having me collect all the presents. Sorry it ended up being so down to the wire--everything should be ready in the next couple of days.

Also, if you sent me anything that looked like it might be presents, I've ignored your PM, and I will continue doing so for future PM's that look like they might contain presents. If you have a question to ask relating to the gift exchange but not involving trying to give someone something, send me a PM that indicates your intent somehow in the title.

Uh.

A Lotad (f)
A Natu (any)
A Sewaddle (f)
A Pichu (m) [to call sonichu]
And a Plusle or Minun.

I want a giratina. You all know how to get me one.

An equally-lovely gift would be not assuming that blazheirio889 needs any help at all in beating me in the tournament. You are all jerks.

Failing that (jerks), items, I guess. Surprise me.

But since I'm up against you in both the tournament and the Battle for Asber, it's only reasonable to plot your destruction in everything I do! It also means a possibility for free EXP and the chance to watch one of my favorite members of my team possibly break things, assuming blazhy actually wants to use Azuraine.

I'll still get you something aside from a tournament loss, though; it's only fair~

Okay, so the hack is up and almost running; there are a few issues with it, but you can at least give gifts with it now, and most of the problems should be fixed with the update that I sent to Butterfree.

The Gift Exchange link in your ASBCP will take you to the main exchange screen, which summarizes both the gifts you've given and the gifts you've received. From there, you can give someone a gift or view all gifts currently given, in the same format as the "list" post at the beginning of the thread.

The main exchange screen is also where you'll go when you want to claim your gifts at the end of the gift exchange period (i.e. December 25th - Jan 1st). An "unwrap" link will appear to the right of each gift you've received, and clicking it will display what was inside and add the contents to your account.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to give "other" gifts this way--offers to ref battles for someone, things like that--so I'll still be handling those. Those you can send to me by PM; any others, I'll ignore. Those are what I'll be updating the second post with, and those only; all other gifts will be displayed through the ASBCP.

"Warning: array_pop() [function.array-pop]: The argument should be an array in [path]/exchange.php on line 132

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in [path]/exchange.php on line 134"

I accidentally

ed: also "One or more of the gifts you have chosen to peek at doesn't belong to you." at gifts I just gave.

Things I gave before the new shiny hack are still given, correct? Do I have to re-send a something that i already sent? It still shows as sendable.

"Warning: array_pop() [function.array-pop]: The argument should be an array in [path]/exchange.php on line 132

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in [path]/exchange.php on line 134"

I accidentally

ed: also "One or more of the gifts you have chosen to peek at doesn't belong to you." at gifts I just gave.
Yes, should be fixed with next upload.

Things I gave before the new shiny hack are still given, correct? Do I have to re-send a something that i already sent? It still shows as sendable.
Send them again.

So it appears that when gifting money, you can't put the $ sign in front of the amount. Would have been nice to know.

Yes.

Don't complain to me about problems unless they persist into tomorrow. So far as I'm aware everything that's been mentioned should be fixed with the next file upload.

All right, it looks like we're just going to have to put up with a couple error messages, some mangled present info, and not being able to view gifts this year. However, you can now cancel a gift that you've already given if you so desire. You won't be able to do so once the claim period starts, though, so don't leave it too late if you're having second thoughts about something.

At what point are we unable to send gifts? I have a few more I'd like to send but I'm waiting on my paycheck and I'm also running into some family stuff that could limit my internets.

All right, it looks like we're just going to have to put up with a couple error messages, some mangled present info, and not being able to view gifts this year. However, you can now cancel a gift that you've already given if you so desire. You won't be able to do so once the claim period starts, though, so don't leave it too late if you're having second thoughts about something.

well, I got rid of part of the error messages by removing the borked present; if whirlpool would remove its borked present to squorn, we would be fine!

Back
Top Bottom