• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day 2

Who dies today?

• Twiggy for Victory

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • blazheirio889

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crazy Linoone: Chiropter did really well last year, considering he participated actively in the discussions and was actually second-in-command for the Mafia, so I guess Animorph(r) thought him a threat.

@Dragon: Well, I'm a morbid person, okay? :| And they were just talking about that, so I couldn't help myself...
The roles were assigned by the RNG gods, so I don't think your theory of Animorph(r) killing off all the people who had good roles last year really holds well. Chiropter(p) was pretty good, though, as I said before, so I can understand why the Mafia'd choose to kill him... I'm still sorta stumped by Animorph(p), though, since he didn't participate much.

If Flora(p) was Grass King(r), though, she's very frickin' lucky.

Edit: @Blaziking: That's been speculated on before, but someone did die the day before, and we all more or less agreed that Wish-clashes wouldn't kick someone in the water and lop their head off, or however Animorph(p) died. It could be plausible that Twiggy is MurrMurr(r), and he's throwing out suspicion earlier on so it's easier for him to get suspected when he really does go into Monster form, however. I dunno, he seems to have learned from Kam and decided not to throw any weird comments around.

Blaziking: MurrMurr(r)'s role doesn't turn off. Once he's activated, he's activated.

Blazhy: She meant people who have roles named after them, not anything about which role they were actually assigned. Chiropter(p) has a role Chiropter(r) named after him; she's saying that Negrek honored him with his own role because he's good at the game.

@Kratos: Oh, that makes sense. The Mafia does seem to be going after the experienced members first, though. If they follow the pattern of experienced and/or long-time player of Mafia, possible candidates for tonight's murder could be... Grass King, Kratos (don't kill me, I'm just listing the possibilities), or rock-ground, perhaps.

Yeah, but as it says in the role for Grass King, I'm a long term ASBer, not a long term Mafia player, and the only way I survived so long last year was by keeping my nose out (which I can't do this year).

However, I was looking at Jack's list, and noticed that the first two roles are Animorph and Chiropter. This could mean that the Mafia are being really unimaginative, and killing people in the order of roles.

Uh... Wise-arse? What's that?

And I think I should start learning that putting stupid and false comments usually leads me into trouble...(just like what happened me today in school when I gave some stupid comment)
...Come on Twiggy, put two and two together and stop being a w-
And that's the bloody point of the game... ugh. You know what, if he's not something, he's doing a bad job at not acting really freakin' shifty. We're in the last day stretch here so I'm going to cast the coveted first vote.

Vote: Twiggy for Victory

@Grass King: That's sorta what I was saying: the Mafia seems to be targeting the more... 'famous' roles. Gahhh, I suck at explaining.

Slightly suspicious of Twiggy as well, but not enough to second his nomination - at least for now.

@Blazy: I see... the mafia want expierenced players out....
@twiggs: You sealed your own doom...
Second vote for twiggy

@OrngSumb: Me too :| He's a bit suspicious, but only a bit, and I don't want to support the execution of someone who may very well turn out to be innocent.

The thing is, we don't have many leads right now, so I guess we'll have to stick with randomly pointing fingers. If one of the Mafia slip up, or if anyone seems rather suspicious, they'll be nominated in no time, but for now we'll have to use what we have.

Killing Twiggy is kinda weird, since I highly doubt that he's anything... But it's not like we have any leads right now, so seconding Twiggy's nomination until new evidence comes up either showing that he's not guilty, or Twiggy manages to convince me that he's not guilty, which then I'll withdraw my nomination.

... Seems like everyone's kinda reluctant to nominate someone now that we've killed an innocent...

Well, we do win by numbers, so it's almost never a good idea to kill off deadweight - I think that was mentioned in last year's ASB Mafia?

It's not likely to do any good - last year MurrMurr, who was the only person in the Mafia to be killed, was rooted out by a random nomination. But yeah, it's definitely too early to pick out someone by random and execute them. I was just trying to say that supporting Twiggy's nomination might not be the best thing, but we may as well until we have new leads.

...See? I suck at explaining.

I'm still not quite convinced that he isn't doing a rather bad job at covering at least some sort of important role. For the time being unless I can be convinced otherwise, I have to stick with the nomination. I know it's no good to just whack randoms, but if I didn't have the suspicions he wouldn't be a nomination in the first place.

@Crazy Linoone's post regarding Twiggy being seconded: To be honest, that last bit about being reluctant sounded a tad fishy to me. You're on my radar right now, but not enough for a nomination.

It's not likely to do any good - last year MurrMurr, who was the only person in the Mafia to be killed, was rooted out by a random nomination. But yeah, it's definitely too early to pick out someone by random and execute them. I was just trying to say that supporting Twiggy's nomination might not be the best thing, but we may as well until we have new leads.

...See? I suck at explaining.

Good point. I agree that it's not the best thing to do; however, since we don't have any other leads right now, I'm still sticking to Twiggy. He has acted suspiciously, or at least stupidly, and there really isn't any evidence showing that anybody else is Mafia/MurrMurr.

Also, Twiggy still hasn't defended himself yet. Maybe he just gave up or something, but I still find that suspicious.

rock-ground said:
@Crazy Linoone's post regarding Twiggy being seconded: To be honest, that last bit about being reluctant sounded a tad fishy to me. You're on my radar right now, but not enough for a nomination.

O.o How does that make me sound fishy? I mean, we have to execute someone today, and the most suspicious person right now is Twiggy. And by reluctant, I meant how the only nomination is Twiggy and nobody else nominated anyone, even Blazhy who seems to be trying very hard not to get Twiggy killed.

Speaking of fishy, I'm starting to find Blazhy as well as Twiggy kinda suspicious. Blazhy seems very intent on trying to convince people (or at least me) that we should not kill Twiggy. This could only mean two things: Blazhy and Twiggy are both Mafia, and Blazhy doesn't want one of her own to die, or Blazhy is Jack_the_PumpkinKing(r) and has ran an IP search on Twiggy, who is either an innocent, rock-ground(r), or a Dragon/blazheirio889(r) who has aligned with the Mafia. If Blazhy and Twiggy are Mafia though, then OrngSumb is a bit suspicious as well for not seconding Twiggy's nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom