• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

...I just realized that this whole thing was trite because regardless of priority it will go through Protect, and priority won't matter when you know your opponent is using Protect, especially one that will be nullified by your attack. I am silly yes I am.

Speaking of all these Feint combos, do both hit through Protect if you use them as quick suceession?

I'm actually planning on abusing Feint in future battles since the Gen V update, idk about everyone else.

Hey so this is kind of an unforseen slip-up in relation to my business - can plant-based pokemon breathe/survive underwater? I kind of assumed that there'd be a divide between pokemon like bulbasaur or tropius (who are at least partly animals) and pokemon like bellsprout, but plants do 'breathe' to an extent (or need oxygen co2, at least).

Last edited:
Because it doesn't have wings; unless I'm mistaken, inherently flying pokes usually are restrained by the fact they're winged (can't fly backwards, for example) with some exceptions like Masquerain whose Pokédex entry specifically states it can fly in every direction. Even though Drifblim learns fly, its method of flight is simply floating due to the helium (or whatever the ghosty gas it is) it contains, thus the hover part.

EDIT: argh nevermind then.

EDIT2: To reinforce my argument, even it might be moot at that point, Drifloon doesn't learn fly, and its pretty much the same as Drifblim but smaller, no?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be hovering, but able to use Fly in order to break the usual height restriction?

Hmm, I don't know. Why wouldn't drifloon/blim be able to fly high without the aid of the attack fly?

Why is it so important to you that the drifloon line be considered hovering instead of flying? I just don't see what the big deal about the reclassification is.

Some changes in referee compensation that I alluded to before are now official:

- Referees no longer get free pokémon for rounds reffed. If you've been sitting on any battles that you still want to redeem, you have a week in which to do so.
- There is now a time element to how much a round is worth. If you ref a round within a week of commands being posted, you earn a $1/pokémon bonus on that round. If you take more than two weeks to ref a round, the amount you earn for it is cut in half.
- Emergency reffing is now a $3 bonus rather than a $5 bonus.
- A $15 flat bonus, given at the end of battle, is now available if you ref what is someone's first battle on the forums.

- A $15 flat bonus, given at the end of battle, is now available if you ref what is someone's first battle on the forums.

Do we have to specifically mention it when we finish the battle (e.g. I get $5 + $15 dollars for reffing since it was ____'s first battle), or will you keep track of it?

Edit: Also, what if it's a person's first battle, but the battle was picked up before this update?

Last edited:
- There is now a time element to how much a round is worth. If you ref a round within a week of commands being posted, you earn a $1/pokémon bonus on that round. If you take more than two weeks to ref a round, the amount you earn for it is cut in half.

fuuuck

Also, if you ref a battle between two new ASBers, do you get an extra $30?

Back
Top Bottom