• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Because of that post.

Now I realize I read it wrong and just now I understand how it works. So you have to actually give the final blow to get the exp, correct?

If so, how about energyfaint, or damage from poison and stuff?

Also, is it a bit unfair that a Pokémon deals 95% damage and the other 5% and finishes (extreme scenario yes but it could happen)?

Correct.

In the case of fainting due to energy loss, self-destructing, status/arena effects, it's instead the last opposing pokémon that damaged the fainted pokémon that gets the extra KO EXP.

It's far from an ideal system, but it's what I have for now until I come up with something better.

Well, it would be a bit complicated, but how about

"Whenever a Pokémon faints, the Pokémon who inflicted the most direct damage on the fainted Pokémon receives an exp. Point. If the Pokémon has already fainted, the second on the list gets it, and so on."

or,

"Whenever a Pokémon faints, the Pokémon who inflicted the most direct damage on the fainted Pokémon receives an exp. Point, whether or not it has left the field."

I know it isn't ideal either, but I'm trying to come up with ideas.

Also has the downside of turning any multi-trainer battles into a direct damage arms race.

Correct.

In the case of fainting due to energy loss, self-destructing, status/arena effects, it's instead the last opposing pokémon that damaged the fainted pokémon that gets the extra KO EXP.

It's far from an ideal system, but it's what I have for now until I come up with something better.

what if energyfaint and no opposing pokémon have actually damaged fainting pokémon?

(this is not all that impractical given that triple battles exist.)

Pokemon like Caterpie, Weedle, Kricketot and Magikarp can evolve for free since their movepools would kind of make it hard to win battles with, but it'll cost you around $30 to get them there.

The same amount of time, although simipour would take damage while under. How long depends on what they were doing, but between two and three rounds, probably.

Back
Top Bottom