• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Yes, but a few psychic pokemon are already listed as consentually hovering. At one point I recall Negrek saying that hovering was cheaper for consentually hovering pokemon than for *just* psychics.

To be specific, all psychic Pokemon can hover, but those not listed under consensually hovering must take an action to begin hovering. This was somewhere earlier in the thread.

How exactly does reacting to an opponent's attack work in ASB? Assuming Pokemon A is faster, I've assumed it's worked like this:

Pokemon A is commanded to say, Tackle, but Leer if B uses Tackle
B prepares Tackle
A realizes B is about to use Tackle and uses Leer
B executes Tackle

However, I've seen some refs give the reacting Pokemon -1 priority, so it'd be more like:

B executes Tackle
A uses Leer

Which scenario is correct?

If you're commanded to react to an opponent's move, you obviously have to wait for the opponent to execute their move first.

If you're commanded to react to an opponent's move, you obviously have to wait for the opponent to execute their move first.

Well, it really depends on the ref.

Also, by that logic, "Use X but if the opponent uses Y, Protect" would mean that you would Protect after the move is executed.

Yes, but I always thought that a Pokemon could see when the other was /preparing/ their move and react accordingly.

Guess it does depend on the ref? Speed differences, perhaps? I'd still like an answer from Negrek though.

How exactly does reacting to an opponent's attack work in ASB? Assuming Pokemon A is faster, I've assumed it's worked like this:

B prepares Tackle
A realizes B is about to use Tackle and uses Leer
B executes Tackle

However, I've seen some refs give the reacting Pokemon -1 priority, so it'd be more like:

B executes Tackle
A uses Leer

Which scenario is correct?
B, unless you replace leer with an attack with higher priority than tackle.

But uhh

""Well, the attack goes off before the attack*hits, not before it actually happens. You can throw up a protect real fast once your opponent has launched a thunderbolt, but you can't do anything about it until it actually happens. Since the reacting pokémon is faster, it may be able to outpace its opponent with a quick, relatively weak attack: "If the opponent uses sleep powder, blow it back in their face with gust" works, but "blow it back in their face with hurricane," not so much. Nothing goes off before the opponent's attack actually happens, but priority attacks and relatively low-powered moves can be launched before it manages to reach its target."

Is that still valid?

Well, one could make a detailed list of those exceptions, though I'm pretty sure Negrek has no time for that.

EDIT: Or maybe Negrek is a robot and can actually do it, it's just that she (it?) wants to make sure everybody's following.

body modifications and move modifications are mechanically entirely distinct, yes? if an effect is written to affect body modifications, it should not affect move modifications, yes?

Sorry for the probably obvious question, but I created an account using the link in the ASB Intro and then got three pokemon using the ASB control panel, upon creating the account. I then decided to look at the rules, and saw the section about acquiring new pokemon. Since I already got the pokemon in the control panel, do I still need to post in the Registration Office and Bank?

Back
Top Bottom