• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Can Magic Coat rebound Attract?

Can underevolved Pokémon use attacks that they cannot learn but their evolved stages can?

Do speed alterations and/or paralysis influence in the base power of Gyro Ball?

Last edited:
With attacks that have a target of 'Multiple' (Screech, for example), is a hit/miss determined for each individual target, or for all targets as a whole?

In a Metronome or Drunk Style battle, could you command a Pokémon who has Truant to activate said Truant.

For exaple, a Zora/Dwagie Drunk style battle, could you command:

Some Random Attack ~ Another Random Attack ~ Activate Truant?

If Psych Up is used against an opponent who's Anger Point ability has activated, is the 1.5x energy consumption copied as well at the +6 attack?
No.

Can Magic Coat rebound Attract?

Can underevolved Pokémon use attacks that they cannot learn but their evolved stages can?

Do speed alterations and/or paralysis influence in the base power of Gyro Ball?
Magic coat rebounds attract, underevolved pokemon cannot use their higher forms' attacks, and gyro ball is affected by speed alterations and paralysis.

With attacks that have a target of 'Multiple' (Screech, for example), is a hit/miss determined for each individual target, or for all targets as a whole?
Each pokemon individually.

In a Metronome or Drunk Style battle, could you command a Pokémon who has Truant to activate said Truant.

For exaple, a Zora/Dwagie Drunk style battle, could you command:

Some Random Attack ~ Another Random Attack ~ Activate Truant?
Yes.

Gyro Ball is listed as being a special projectile, but it's actually a physical attack that makes contact.

In regards to the Unaware ability... does it nullify stat increases only when the pokemon with said ability is sent out or does it completely render stat boosts useless during the whole time that pokemon is on the field?

Do sandy areas absorb the impact of moves like earthquake and earth power? I thought you might have mentioned that before, but I can't remember where.

Also, if a Pokémon with reduced stats used psych up on a Pokémon with unchanged stats, would the psych up user's reduced stats be restored?

Last edited:
Does Trick Room affect the power of Gyro Ball as well?
No, as it has no effect on speed.

Gyro Ball is listed as being a special projectile, but it's actually a physical attack that makes contact.
Will fix.

In regards to the Unaware ability... does it nullify stat increases only when the pokemon with said ability is sent out or does it completely render stat boosts useless during the whole time that pokemon is on the field?
Unaware is in effect as long as a pokémon with that ability is in play.

Do sandy areas absorb the impact of moves like earthquake and earth power? I thought you might have mentioned that before, but I can't remember where.

Also, if a Pokémon with reduced stats used psych up on a Pokémon with unchanged stats, would the psych up user's reduced stats be restored?
Sand and other soft-ish ground do reduce the effects of earthquake because they absorb tremors better and hurt less to fall on. However, ground attacks that don't rely on that kind of brute-force approach (e.g. earth power, mud-slap) aren't affected.

Psych up would reset the user's stats to neutral in that case.

Does Stealth Rock only do damage during switches, or does it cause health loss each time the Pokémon trapped within is somehow made to hit the rocks?

Anytime the pokémon hits the rocks. Wouldn't be worth much otherwise, seeing as it does so little damage.

What situations would cause the target to hit the rocks, then? The description implies that they're supposed to follow and circle around the target, which makes the move either useless or potentially broken.

They encircle the target but stay where they are unless blown away by an attack, i.e. rapid spin. A pokémon (from either team) takes damage whenever they are forced to pass through the rocks. For example, if a pokémon is inside a complete ring of rocks and is told to make a contact attack against a pokémon outside them, it will need to pass through the stealth rock in order to do so. On the other hand, a pokémon outside the field of rocks would need to go through them in order to make a contact attack on a pokémon inside, and potentially do so again if they are then going to retreat to somewhere outside the rocks. Pokémon could be pushed, shoved, or dropped into the rocks by any of the usual methods as well. Anything like that.

Quick Question.

Cubone, when using Fling with the bone in their hand does it count as a Thick Club?

And apparently somebody has been reading my last two questions, so, I'll have to make yet one more.

Can you set Stealth Rock up somewhere other than circling the foe (e.g. to form a wall at some specific spot in the arena)?

You can set up stealth rock anywhere you want in the arena, provided it's a place a pokemon would ordinarily be able to reach with something like rock slide.

Regarding the effects of a sandstorm...
Rock-type pokémon have their special defense multiplied by 1.5x as long as the sandstorm rages
But the ASB doesn't have a special defense stat, save for any amount that may be boosted.

So, how is this boost supposed to work?

Seeing as how I forgot to ask this before going on my no-ASB-homework-naow break: taunt does affect and stop pain split, correct?

Back
Top Bottom