• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

I'm confused by the description of Rollout, actually: if the text is to be believed, you can stop Rollouting at will, although that doesn't seem to be the case.

In addition, what happens if you're Tormented during a Rollout? Assuming you're locked into the move, I'd imagine it would be tough to stop, Torment or no.

EDIT: It appears you can quit out of a Rollout... but I still don't get how you can be Tormented while you're rolling in a ball.
You can command a pokémon to stop using rollout after any number of actions, yes, but it won't voluntarily stop otherwise. (I think in the future I might just change this to be like uproar, where you would specify the number of actions to use rollout *beforehand*; that seems to make the most sense.) Your opponent might also be able to stop the pokémon's rollout, e.g. through physical restraint, though it would be difficult.

Torment therefore won't cause a pokémon in the middle of a rollout to stop, but it will prevent the pokémon from starting another rollout directly afterwards, if it's still under torment's effects at that point.

Personally I doubt torment would have much of an effect on a pokémon in the middle of a rollout, anyway, though you might be able to get them before they got going too fast.

(For those of you who got this wrong on the current mock battle, sorry, but the grades are already done, and I'm going to ignore your edits. You should have asked if you were unsure.)

Does Double Team take energy to maintain, or just to set up?

See, Pentimento insists that I'll need to use 4% energy per round to keep my clones going.
Set up only.

would teleport + physical move (an elemental punch, in case it matters) be valid for "pop in behind and whack it"?
As has been deduced, yes, it's fine.

In DPPt, there's a trainer on Victory Road with a Lanturn which knows Earthquake. Does that make it a legal move here?
Probably not, but may as well ask.

In Emerald, there's a trainer on Victory Road with a Lanturn which knows Earthquake.

Fixed, according to the Bulbapedia article (unless there's two Earthquaking Lanturns). I looked it up because I totally didn't remember this, and that's probably because I never got that far in Emerald before I lost it.

... That's just me being anal though. :p I do wonder about that. I totally want a Lanturn if that's legal.

On the topic of Metronome:
If metronome calls a decreased priority move, does it wait until the other attacks? (Revenge, for example)

Crunch - 80 Dark 100%
Target: Single
Class: Contact/Stat modifier (special defense)
Stat: Physical
Contest Type: Pure Points
Contest Score: +10, -40

The user sinks their teeth into the foe, biting down viciously. Its teeth are imbued with dark energy that burns as it enters the foe's system. This can leave a large, ragged hole in the target's flesh, slightly lowering their defense as a result.

Shouldn't the class be just defense and not special defense?

I have like 5 question about move combos.

Could you do a Thunder Wave+Thunderbolt?

A Thunder+Thunderbolt?

If the answer to above is yes, what is its power? Accuracy? Does it have Thunder's always hit in rain affect?

Metronome, Sleep Talk, etc. can call Chill, yes?

(Sorry for the double post, but it might get overlooked otherwise)
Yes.

On the topic of Metronome:
If metronome calls a decreased priority move, does it wait until the other attacks? (Revenge, for example)
No.

Shouldn't the class be just defense and not special defense?
Yes.

I have like 5 question about move combos.

Could you do a Thunder Wave+Thunderbolt?

A Thunder+Thunderbolt?

If the answer to above is yes, what is its power? Accuracy? Does it have Thunder's always hit in rain affect?
No to both.

Negrek already has a Metronome generator... don't remember the link, but it's somewhere here.

You should link to it in the move's description, Negrek.

I don't think Metronome can call Sleep Talk, though (and even if it did, what would be the point? you'd be incapable of using metronome while asleep anyway).

Chill is usually banned in Metronome battles anyway.

Back
Top Bottom