• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Avatar: Charismatic Conspiracy (OPEN)

Black Yoshi

look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
The Charismatic Conspiracy

Main RP Thread

The days of Avatar Korra are over. The world weeps at her loss, but will patiently await the next avatar to come of age. It will be several years before the next Avatar is identified, and many more after that until the Avatar is old enough and well-trained enough to begin acting in the world.

Now is the time when the worst sorts come out of their holes. They will relish these years without an Avatar to worry about. Petty criminals will act as they always have, but the ones higher in the ladder will begin making their moves. Trying to gain as much power and influence as they can before the Avatar returns to the world.

Six years ago, Kanzan, Chief of Police in Republic City resigned after 27 years, and seemed to vanish. A new chief took over, young and inexperienced. Many still think him a fool.

Now, Kanzan has resurfaced. With intentions very different from those in the past. He used to protect the people of Republic City, and now he preaches a message to all those gifted enough to bend the elements to their will.

“Our time is now, brothers and sisters! The spirits gave us these powers for a reason! Many, many long years ago, the Fire Nation tried to conquer the earth. That was foolish. This world belongs to not any one nation. It belongs to those who can shape it as they please. It belongs to Benders.

“Few are alive who witnessed the Equalist invasion of Republic City. Those Equalists were fools. They proved only that they didn’t know what’s good for them. They still don’t.

“We as benders of the four elements were given our gifts for a reason. We are of a higher race than the rest of them! We were made to take this world for our own! It is our time to step forward, to claim our birthright, and live as we deserve! Gods among men! Kings and Queens of a lesser people! We will establish a new dominion, a new world for ourselves! Stand with me, brothers and sisters of fire, earth, air, and water! Stand with me, and we will be immortalized forevermore!”

There is no Avatar here for us now. Nobody to stand up for the rest of us who know what’s right. We have to do this ourselves. Kanzan will have a lot to answer for. But he isn’t alone. He’s attracted thousands all over the world to his cause. He has eyes and ears in every major city you can name. So we’ll have to drive him to a corner, where he can’t run away, or hide behind a microphone.
---
Basically, we’re a bunch of nobodies setting out to take care of a problem normally handled by the Avatar. Why? Because we’re temporarily Avatar-less. If that is a word. I say it is. By the way, we're starting in Republic City, but we'll be travelling many many other places. Well, not as many as you would think from saying "many" twice. But quite a bit.
---
RULES (Because we have to)
1. Answer to me and Ulqi
2. Be nice. Don’t godmod, or we will blow you up
3. One character for now, we’ll see if we need more. Keep an extra in the back of your mind.
4. If you want to be an Airbender, I might be a hardass on your form. Nothing personal, just know your lore.
5. No, you can’t bloodbend, even if some of our opponents can on the full moon. Cause it’s a dick move.
6. If you want to Metalbend, include a good explanation in your form. You may have trained at the Metalbending Academy, or your parent who is on the police force instructed you, or whatever. Not a big deal.
7. You ain’t the Avatar, in case that wasn’t clear. Avatar ain’t around.
8. Have fun. This usually means having a relationship, be it romance, bromance, or just buds with another character. I encourage it.
---
Accepted:

~Ulqi-Chan/Adelé/Waterbender
~Black Yoshi/Kaskae/Waterbender
~Lil Kuchiki/Ami/None
~Blastoise Fortooate/Togei/None
~Phantom/Rai/Firebender
~Coroxn/Haruko/None
~yiran/Jay/Earthbender

:--:

~Stormecho/Shion/Firebender
~allitersonance/Yue/Waterbender
~Mai/June/Earthbender
---
Reserved:

-Desmond The Moon Bear
-Alraune
-Raichie Belle
-ShinyUmbreonX3

---
FORM:

NAME: Derp.

ELEMENT: Can be none if you want. Be like Sokka.

APPEARANCE: The more description the better.

PERSONALITY: May be PO’d

BIO: It can be very brief, or very elaborate. Your choice. Just put something.

OTHER: Anything else?

Last edited:
Re: Avatar: Charismatic Conspiracy

Gonna just slap this up here~

Name: Adelé (Ah-del-LAY)

Element: Water

Appearance: [X] Adelé is a somewhat muscular-built girl, tall, and lean. She has a prominent face, showing dire determination and willpower. Her hair is a fiery red, matching the color of a cherry, and falls in wavy locks to her spine. Her eyebrows are the same red color, and are often furrowed or arched. Her eyes are an inhumanly bright blue, like the clear sky on a day with no clouds, and clash flamboyantly with her dark coffee-colored skin. Her fingernails are almost like claws, as they are all almost a centimeter in length. All in all, her physical appearance is rather odd, as none of the traits she has flows in harmony with one another.

Adelé's clothes consist of white, stretchy, legging-like pants, a white, sleeveless gi that goes down to her knees, and black tie-up boots that go over her pants. All of her outfit is accented in a dull navy blue. Her hands—save the first joints in her fingers and thumbs—are bandaged up in white gauze up to her wrists due to an earlier burn injury. Adorning her flame-tinted hair is a spiky white hairpiece with strings of beads hanging from it. It sits on the left side of her head. On her neck, Adelé wears a black-threaded necklace with a wooden, soft pink charm of a wing.

Personality: Brutal. That's the only real word to describe her. Adelé is extremely hard on herself and others. She pushes herself to her absolute limit, which often leaves her injured, and refuses to accept defeat. Because of this, she is very stubborn and doesn't take no for an answer. She is rarely seen smiling, and is rather seen either rolling her eyes and speaking flatly with a dull frown, or baring her teeth and barking at someone viciously. (However, the rudeness is cut back a bit for her friend, Kaskae.) It's not that she's a bad person by any means... She's just deeply misunderstood. Externally, she is a die-hard, strong-willed woman, giving out orders and expecting them to be completed. But internally, she is a troubled, insecure, lost little girl, using her pain of self-consciousness to her advantage. Though she seems like a true leader, Adelé is merely using a front, as she fears what others will view her as if she came to them as a weak lamb in need of a shepherd. However, there are a few occasional times when the confusion, sorrow, fear and other harmful emotions are just too much to handle, and of causes her to have a full-blown melt-down. Though this doesn't happen often, it is rather violent when she breaks down.

Biography: Life for Adelé was not a picnic. As a girl, she was not pampered or babied, but rather had to grow up quickly in the bustling suburban Republic City. At a young age, her father started pounding the ways of waterbending into her, but seeing as she was only a child, she only got to learn the techniques. At the age of seven, her mother became pregnant with a baby boy, but at the time of delivery, he arrived far too early to even survive a day. This catastrophe was extremely sad for the family of three, causing a depression in her mother and a growing anger in her father. For the following three years, he continued to restlessly train Adelé, and as she started to get the hang of it, her mother yet again was bearing a child in her womb. Adelé's training was slowed slightly during the time of waiting, but as the nine month mark approached, it was deadly obvious something was wrong as she went into labor. Complications were evident, though no solution to solve them were in sight. In writhing pain, Adelé's mother had a fatal stroke from excessive stress, killing both her and the unborn baby. In a blink of an eye, her mother was gone.

Mentally and physically scarred by this tragedy, Adelé's father turned from angry to sorrowful and cold. Cold enough to where he wasn't willing to go on for his daughter's sake. And so, while Adelé continued her training alone, he spent his days locked up in his house. This deeply hurt Adelé, making her feel as though she wasn't being noticed or cared for, so she pushed herself even harder. She became more skilled in her given element, and made her own techniques and move combinations.

Of course, this process took a few years to really perfect. But, to be exact, it was about five years and a few months. In said years, Adelé matured greatly, learning to live on her own as her father was virtually useless at this point, and bulked up in her appearance as well.

During this five-year period, she made the closest thing to a friend. At the age of nine, she came across a scene of some older kids beating up a boy slightly older than herself as he was seemingly protecting two younger kids. The sight of the senseless violence sickened Adelé greatly, so she fearlessly stepped forward, spatting out nasty words to the bullies and running them off with her waterbending. Turning back to the boy, she introduced herself after a few minutes of questioning. The boy stated his name, Kaskae, and even since, the two have been rather close. Close enough to where Adelé considers Kaskae and his family her adoptive family, as her father is too inactive to provide comfort and support.

Being a natural-born perfectionist, she strived for the best she could do, which would usually result in her overdoing and injuring herself. This singleminded fetish was shown at its best a few days before teaming up with the other people in the group to stop Kanzan, as she was experimenting with new tactics to be able to burn her enemies with heated water. However, being the overachiever she was, Adelé went a bit too far with her new weapon, and managed to burn both her hands in 300+ degree water. Though the pain of her burns was excruciating (and even now, after they have healed over a bit, they still hurt), Adelé only rested a few hours before she was back at it again.

Other: Kaskae is a close(r) friend to Adelé. Though she has no attraction to him in that way, she feels as though he is the only one that truly understands her internal conflicts and insecurity of her own being.
Also, BADASS THEME FOR A BADASS PERSON.

My form! Haha.

NAME: George Kaskae (COSS-KAY, goes by last name)

ELEMENT: Water

APPEARANCE: (Picture) Like many people from the Water Tribes, he has coffee skin and bright blue eyes, with dark brown hair. Since moving to Republic City, he's adapted to a less traditional style, for example wearing his hair down rather than in a warrior's wolf tail.

He has a muscular build, enough so, in fact, that he's been told he looks more like an earthbender. His face is stern and maybe even a little cold. He wears typical clothes for the city. A brown tunic with pale yellow trimming, a gray sash, gray trousers, and leather boots with light soles. His gloves are colored dark, like most of his outfit, but are cut in traditional water tribe fashion, and he wears an armband around his left arm with the Water Tribe's symbol on it. Around town, he wears a dark messenger cap, and has a tan trenchcoat for colder days.

PERSONALITY: Being the oldest of three brothers, who were all four years apart, Kaskae has always felt very protective of others. Another result of this is his constant effort to stay level-headed. He's always trying to set an example, and can sometimes come off as emotionless. If you can work him out of the "Big Brother" shell, he'll be just as glad to do stupid things as any other young man his age.

BIO: He spent the first seven years of his life in the Southern Water Tribe. His family moved to Republic City, and he and his brothers (Once his youngest was born and learned to walk) took to walking the streets, where he had to learn to protect them. One of them had the ability to waterbend, but was very uninterested in it. He worked hard at his skills to better defend the two of them, and was pretty skillful for his age. His teacher was his mother, and she taught him both the ways of self-defense and healing, though he never was much good at the latter.

When he was 11, his brothers and he were playing in an alley, as they usually did, and being preoccupied with their game, didn't notice the two teenagers also in the alley. They bumped into the two of them, and tried to apologize, but for these two an apology wasn't enough. As skillful as he was in waterbending, Kaskae was quickly overtaken by the young pair, who happened to be a firebender and an earthbender. To his great surprise, after getting a bloody nose and black eye, a girl about his age seemed to come out of nowhere, screaming at the two to beat it. She caught them off guard, and with her own waterbending, made short work of them. Since then, that girl has been a close friend of his.

Later, Kaskae tried his hand at Pro bending, and proved to be very capapble. Few Pro Benders had seen traditional Southern Water Tribe Bending, most of them preferring a self-taught type learned on the street. His second season ended just last year, and he decided he was done with it.

OTHER: His close friend mentioned before was Adelé. His brothers are also quite fond of her, thinking of her as sort of an adopted sister. I have to match Ulqi's song thing now, so THEME.

Last edited:

Normally, they would be. With the Airbenders "unique case" they're the exception, but like I said, I might be a hardass trying to squeeze lore out of you.

I'd like to reserve a spot too! Pretty sure I'm gonna be an earthbender. Need to make a cute brown and green girl first, then a character happens. :B drawstime!

A wild important note appears!

So, I know you guys are wondering... How and where will we all meet? Well, here's how it's gonna go down, and I'll quote Yoshi to save me some time:

Black Yoshi said:
Rather than just an "YOU HAVE BEEN ASSEMBLED, GO FORTH AND BRING JUSTICE" I think this should be, like, and accidental team thing. There's a big rally going on, one of the characters speaks up against the cause, and hell breaks loose, everyone gets accidentally dragged in, and everyone's lost something and is like, "HELL NO, THEY'RE GOING DOWN" and the three on the other side are like "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, KANZAN LET US CHASE THEM DOWN" and he'll be like, "IF IT PLEASES YOU." And they're like, "THEY SHALL DIE A PAINFUL DEATH."

I think what we should do is tell everyone to have an excuse to either be at the rally or in the immediate vicinity. You know, like one person could be in the crowd because they want to raise hell for Kanzan and plan to disrupt the whole thing, the three baddies obviously as guards there [...]

So, yeah. If it's tl;dr, you're going to be at/near a rally that Kanzan's supporters are having, and hell will break lose at someone's untimely disruption. This'll be the reason behind all of us meeting, and will keep the three on Kanzan's side keen on killing our side. You'll need some sort of excuse or alibi for being there, so be sure to have one in mind! :D

Actually I wasn't wondering that at all. But thanks anyway!

I've decided to be a firebender if anyone would like to know...

/goes back to building character.

I'll try and get on mine today. It'll probably be an earth bender. Question: Can earth benders bend metal?

6. If you want to Metalbend, include a good explanation in your form. You may have trained at the Metalbending Academy, or your parent who is on the police force instructed you, or whatever. Not a big deal.

Yes. Metalbending is a subform of Earthbending, but you need to have a reason explaining how you picked up on the art of Metalbending, like in the quote. Metal is a more pure substance than rock, so it requires more training to work with it, which is why we need a backstory as to how you learned how to bend with metal.

Just a question, is anyone doing a character that's a non-bender? It'd be quite awkward if I was the only one.

This girly is~ Soon as I figure out what makes her worth anything in a fight against the elements. Chi Blocking is not mah thang.

Back
Top Bottom