• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Backwards Mafia [D7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Backwards Mafia [D2]

Well! I don't think there'd be any harm in RK telling us whether or not he's the dead exorcist, would there? If he is, I'm sort of confused as to why the mafia would want to target him; I still can't really see how the exorcist would turn out to be a super-useful role for the innocents except in the unlikely situation of us not believing someone who claims to be dead but not wanting to lynch them, either (unlikely because it seems like it would be a silly move for the mafia to claim a dead role when the dead person could just speak up to contradict them) or if we don't want to waste a day phase lynching someone we know to be dead and mafia (which doesn't even seem like such a great idea anyhow in a game with limited abstains). I guess maybe the mafia didn't think it through that much, or maybe they're seeing something really obvious about the exorcist that I'm missing?

Also, it seems that surskitty is still in the game! I wonder if that's because an exorcist tried to exorcise her and it failed, or if they just didn't think exorcising her would be a good idea. I guess it is better to have someone we can use a lynch on if we need to so that we can save our abstains for when they might be useful. I'd like to know who RK targeted last night, though.

(Isn't it day three? Or did we start with day zero?)

Last edited:
Re: Backwards Mafia [D2]

I am the dead Exorcist. D: I did not even GET A RESULT D:

Re: Backwards Mafia [D3]

(For future reference wrt the day/night count, you can check by looking at the "Re:" titles on any post other than the first one in the thread; the titles there don't change when the thread title is updated.)

I was going to say that it was possible that RK was healer-clashed (honestly with a claim like that followed by begging for heals he was sort of asking for it), but the flavor would probably rule that out, wouldn't it. (...would it, Negrek?) I agree that the exorcist doesn't seem all that useful, ultimately, especially not this early in the game, so... no idea what the mafia was thinking, really!

Who did you target, RK? I'm not sure what you mean by "get a result" unless you're saying you did target surskitty and it seems to have failed, or...?

'Course it's probably for the best that it wasn't healer clash. Otherwise we wouldn't know where the mafia's kill had wandered off to, and since the don would be dead if they hadn't killed then that might mean there was another alien. :/ (Or more than two doctors, which would be better, but. Yeah.)

I did not get a result from my exorcism.

I also like the fact the flavortext basically POINTS OUT my exorcism role: "He was a great exorcist for his age" coupled with the fact I'm 10 basically gives it away.

Mkay, thanks Negrek.

@RK: Who did you target? If we knew who you were talking about then "no result" may or may not still be meaningful information we can work with. Maybe it won't, but why not at least give it a shot?

DAMMIT. Ok I got nothing, since I'm dead I don't get an action anymore.

So the genius exocist is dead. Now I vote we lynch RK-10. If they are dead already they are no use to us, and if they were lying we get a mafia. RK-10

Question, if the alien is already dead, and lynched do they still win?

Healer clash is very possible, but what if it's a mafia set up? They found out the exorcist, and had RK-10 claim it, then killed that exorcist that night. Still lynching RK-10 won't hurt us at all if we do... just something feels fishy... The exorcist is important, but this sadly, makes me more comfortable since the only way I can be removed from play is to be lynched... but there'd be no point in that since I'm dead already.... So lemme give you a list of amazingness.

Night 0
No one dies(alien activated?)

Day 1
No one lynched (fear of alien)

Night 1
Alien dead (surskitty)
Inspector dead (hi(Phantom))

Day 2
Lynched Butterfree (mafia)

Night 2
Exorcist dead (RK-10?)

Last edited:

Eh... I guess? How would the mafia have found out (definitively, anyway) who the exorcist was, though, especially this early?

Anyway, if we really have no other leads and want to lynch someone so as not to waste an abstain, I would rather go with surskitty because I don't see any particular reason not to trust RK, though I'm still waiting to hear who he actually targeted. I doubt that she can still win by lynching if she's dead, but I guess it doesn't hurt to wait for Negrek to answer your question. (Which, by the way, I don't think she noticed... you really ought to have just double posted there.)

C'mon, guys, why all the quiet? Does no one else have anything to contribute at all? Generally I don't like it when people post with nothing but an "I'm sorry, I have nothing to say", because honestly I rarely find that there's nothing to say, but can you all at least confirm you're still actually paying attention? :/

But ya'll left me for dead tho.

tumblr_llxjwe0E9J1qio117.jpg

Well there were 17 people signed up for this, and 7 fixed roles.

So 17 people means 16 non-aliens assuming there is only one alien. There are 5 non-civilian roles (since there are two Fishing Brothers). Now assuming that there are two Doctors (and not in a Meta-Crisis way), and only one Inspector and Exorcist, that gives us 7 more fixed roles (inclusing mafia-don) which leaves us with 9 people split between Civilians and Minions.

Now we know that the Exorcist, Alien and Inspector are dead, as well as one member of the mafia. So if my above theory is correct, then all that remains are:

2 Fishing Brothers
2 Doctors
1 Mafia Don
x Civilians
8-x Mafia Minions

Not sure is this helps at all.

However one further point I would like to raise, is that in the few Mafia games I have participated in (mainly the ASB Halloween ones) Kratos Aurion is always killed off fairly early in the game usually the first night. So maybe Kratos is mafia? It's a possibility, but maybe the Doctors targeted him, or maybe he was the Alien, got activated on the first night, and then the mafia bumbed him off the next night although surskitty has already admitted to that role, but maybe surskitty is mafia and just claimed to be the Alien to avoid us lynching her? Just thought I might raise the points.

Claiming to be dead and then continuing to post stupid images is a rubbish Mafia tactic.

I targetted a random inactive; inactivity could mean they died and lost interest so I target Zapi.

So if my above theory is correct, then all that remains are:

2 Fishing Brothers
2 Doctors
1 Mafia Don
x Civilians
8-x Mafia Minions

Hm, in a regular game with seventeen people I'd expect to start out with four or five mafia members (including the don), but the backwards mechanic might've called for different numbers to balance things or something, I don't know. Well, two or three remaining mafia minions would leave us with six or five civilians if you're right about the number of other roles.

However one further point I would like to raise, is that in the few Mafia games I have participated in (mainly the ASB Halloween ones) Kratos Aurion is always killed off fairly early in the game usually the first night. So maybe Kratos is mafia? It's a possibility, but maybe the Doctors targeted him, or maybe he was the Alien, got activated on the first night, and then the mafia bumbed him off the next night although surskitty has already admitted to that role, but maybe surskitty is mafia and just claimed to be the Alien to avoid us lynching her? Just thought I might raise the points.

It's possible that Kratos could still be alive because she's mafia, but also I think she tends to be kind of a doctor magnet; the mafia might've thought of that and decided to go for someone else (surskitty?) instead of risking wasting a night.

Yeah, I thought earlier that surskitty could be lying about claiming to be the dead alien; maybe we'll find out once RK tells us who he targeted last night! If Kratos was the alien, though, what motivation would she have to keep posting and saying things like she has been after the alien died? (Except to try to encourage people to talk more, I guess.)

(Also, I really doubt that the dead alien would be able to win if we lynched it now; a ghost can't win the game on its own and it's been two day phases since the alien would've been activated, anyway, assuming it was activated on the first night.)

I'm alive, I just honestly have had nothing to say :[ Erm.

@Grass King; Surskitty/the alien was killed at night, though. So unless we have a vig she's very likely not mafia. or maybe it is a convoluted gambit buh

Question, if the alien is already dead, and lynched do they still win?
No.

And this is why I said not to edit; if it's going to become a problem, I'll start enforcing that as a strict rule.

Nine minutes, according to the timestamp, but it's not worth splitting hairs here. If anyone else in the game is online at the time you make a post, you have no way of knowing whether they noticed the new post and clicked in the time between when you posted and started editing. It's just courtesy to your fellow players (and me)--if you have something significant to add/clarify/change about your post, please just make a second post.

Might as well, since we don't want to waste our abstains. surskitty.

(As for why I'm not dead... the fact that I usually get killed the first night is actually why I don't join many games anymore—there's little point if I'm effectively not going to be able to play nine times out of ten. Isn't it possible that the mafia just felt like actually letting me do something for a few days for once? :/

...or doctors, I guess, though it strikes me as odd that none of them would have protected surskitty since she's also a good player and has played more often and more recently than I have; people would be a bit more familiar with her than with me. Eh. I dunno. Meta arguments, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom